oh so it's good I'm so far behind in Milestone games then?!!! :) Disapointing to hear MS have gone in that direction, I can't see why they can't give us a full on hardcore mode and adjust backwards from there.

That's it I would say in a nutshell, Damage!

We tried and we tried and we tried, for years, even through the medium of a direct monthly Q. & A. consultation (exchange of opinion, ideas, suggestions etc.) with the head of the Milestone development team and with members of the team itself, prior to 2016, to get that very message across to them. But I believe for 'commercial reasons' our pleas and suggestions were largely ignored although in 2014 they did introduce a working penalty system and ambient noise which were two amongst many of our suggestions. Our main suggestion being that Pro Physics should mean Pro Physics with a decent level of realistically coded challenge and no 'invisible aids' switched on but hidden from our eyes.. But they went the other way in terms of game design philosophy from 2017 onwards.

Which is why Dyego's 'Real Challenge Physics' mod on the old game engine became so popular I would say.

That's my honest take on the situation at least. Others no doubt will see things differently. People play what they enjoy playing and what they want to play.. But what harm in a 'hardcore' Pro Physics mode would there be? And Dyego, and others, have shown that it can be done..

Going back to TT IOM 2. I would personally recommend it in the context of a mainstream title release to anyone who loves racing round the 37 3/4 mile Snaefell Mountain course who prefers using a gamepad and who enjoys a challenge on 'simcade' physics. All I had to do was to adjust the controller settings in-game to 0 sensitivity and to a 5% deadzone and for me it handled really well. Out of the box. (the default controller settings are 'hookey' in my opinion). Ride it in 1st person cockpit (dashboard) view and once you get up to speed it offers (for me at least) one heck of a challenge. But only on gamepad.

Rear end? On the power on the rear end? In truth the feel is not much different from GP500 (Melbourne House) on the 'Mini' (Jim Pearson) TT IOM "Highlights" course with all assists off and in simulation mode. You're not chasing the rear end stepping out on the power on the TT course on GP500 either even with its more advanced front end and rear end physics.. It's not that sort of a 'track'. It's a 'thread the needle' road racing course. The "original and best" road racing course. Not a short circuit grand prix track.. So in my opinion not an overwhelmingly large difference in feel between the two. And when was the last time gpbikes stepped out controllably on the rear end?

I'm sort of playing Devil's Advocate here. But I think there's some truth in doing so personally.. ;)

Otherwise I am still waiting for Bike Sim Experience to be finally released. Quite patiently. But waiting.

That's my honest 'take', Damage, anyway..

Have as much fun as you can guys! Take care.

Last edited:
That's it I would say in a nutshell, Damage!

We tried and we tried and we tried, for years, even through the medium of a direct monthly Q. & A. consultation (exchange of opinion, ideas, suggestions etc.) with the head of the Milestone development team and with members of the team itself, prior to 2016, to get that very message across to them. But I believe for 'commercial reasons' our pleas and suggestions were largely ignored although in 2014 they did introduce a working penalty system and ambient noise which were two amongst many of our suggestions. Our main suggestion being that Pro Physics should mean Pro Physics with a decent level of realistically coded challenge and no 'invisible aids' switched on but hidden from our eyes.. But they went the other way in terms of game design philosophy from 2017 onwards.

Which is why Dyego's 'Real Challenge Physics' mod on the old game engine became so popular I would say.

That's my honest take on the situation at least. Others no doubt will see things differently. People play what they enjoy playing and what they want to play.. But what harm in a 'hardcore' Pro Physics mode would there be? And Dyego, and others, have shown that it can be done..

Going back to TT IOM 2. I would personally recommend it in the context of a mainstream title release to anyone who loves racing round the 37 3/4 mile Snaefell Mountain course who prefers using a gamepad and who enjoys a challenge on 'simcade' physics. All I had to do was to adjust the controller settings in-game to 0 sensitivity and to a 5% deadzone and for me it handled really well. Out of the box. (the default controller settings are 'hookey' in my opinion). Ride it in 1st person cockpit (dashboard) view and once you get up to speed it offers (for me at least) one heck of a challenge. But only on gamepad.

Rear end? On the power on the rear end? In truth the feel is not much different from GP500 (Melbourne House) on the 'Mini' (Jim Pearson) TT IOM "Highlights" course with all assists off and in simulation mode. You're not chasing the rear end stepping out on the power on the TT course on GP500 either even with its more advanced front end and rear end physics.. It's not that sort of a 'track'. It's a 'thread the needle' road racing course. The "original and best" road racing course. Not a short circuit grand prix track.. So in my opinion not an overwhelmingly large difference in feel between the two. And when was the last time gpbikes stepped out controllably on the rear end?

I'm sort of playing Devil's Advocate here. But I think there's some truth in doing so personally.. ;)

Otherwise I am still waiting for Bike Sim Experience to be finally released. Quite patiently. But waiting.

That's my honest 'take', Damage, anyway..

Have as much fun as you can guys! Take care.

Many thanks for your views Tracey. :)

Many thanks for your views Tracey. :)

No worries. And of course everyone has their own views based upon their own experiences, both real life racing experiences, road circuits and track, and road riding experiences AND gaming experiences, more casual gaming experiences and more 'dedicated' "sim" orientated experiences. Some people prefer 'arcade' some people, myself included, prefer 'simulation'.

The problem, as I see it, is that these days video gaming is bigger than the 'Hollyweird' movie industry and to make money, if that's all you really care about, I suppose it makes plain straightforward mercenary sense to cater for the mainstream and casual gamers..who a) don't want things to be too hard and b) like things to be accessible.

Hence, and back to the subject of IOM TT 2, if you take the thing to any other track in the game other than the full length IOM TT Mountain course, it starts to feel 'arcade'.. But specifically on the bumpy and twisty and high speed TT course for me the 'simcade' physics, limited to the extent that they are, work much, much better and more convincingly. At least that's my personal 'take' anyway. Thus I would recommend the game to someone on the same wavelength as me but with all of the caveats I have made. For me with caveats intact it's a 'classic' mainstream release. And I am really enjoying it for what it is..

But yes, of course, it could be made more 'simmy' on the rear end so that it 'works' convincingly on the other tracks in the game also. And then we have Milestone.. ;)

At the end of the tunnel though, generally, for people like me, there is now some promising light..

Last edited:
No worries. And of course everyone has their own views based upon their own experiences, both real life racing experiences, road circuits and track, and road riding experiences AND gaming experiences, more casual gaming experiences and more 'dedicated' "sim" orientated experiences. Some people prefer 'arcade' some people, myself included, prefer 'simulation'.

The problem, as I see it, is that these days video gaming is bigger than the 'Hollyweird' movie industry and to make money, if that's all you really care about, I suppose it makes plain straightforward mercenary sense to cater for the mainstream and casual gamers..who a) don't want things to be too hard and b) like things to be accessible.

Hence, and back to the subject of IOM TT 2, if you take the thing to any other track in the game other than the full length IOM TT Mountain course, it starts to feel 'arcade'.. But specifically on the bumpy and twisty and high speed TT course for me the 'simcade' physics, limited to the extent that they are, work much, much better and more convincingly. At least that's my personal 'take' anyway. Thus I would recommend the game to someone on the same wavelength as me but with all of the caveats I have made. For me with caveats intact it's a 'classic' mainstream release. And I am really enjoying it for what it is..

But yes, of course, it could be made more 'simmy' on the rear end so that it 'works' convincingly on the other tracks in the game also. And then we have Milestone.. ;)

At the end of the tunnel though, generally, for people like me, there is now some promising light..

Yup I totally get the hollyweird reference! Money always talks, but at least we'll never see "loot boxes" and "Pay to Win" in racing games.

I’m in to season 3 on the game, as much as it’s an improvement on the first, there are areas they can improve on massively -

1. direction changes are painfully slow - they need to have rider position and movement dictate what the bike is doing.
2. Bike is on rails - I love the MotoGP 19 slides to a certain extent. Let it step out/get a bit sideways, punish you with a high side for doing it rather than looping the bike.
3. Leaning forwards/backwards does nothing - it used to in TT ROTE 1
4. You can only enter one TT event in career mode per season.
5. There are still some places where random crashes happen. Lambfell, entry to Milntown.
6. Tyre wear doesn’t seem to do anything, neither does engine temp, fuel level, brake temperature.
7. You turn off anti-wheelie and if it picks the front wheel up then off a crest gravity disappears and you float upwards then crash.
8. Low speed areas eg Govenors bridge are stupidly difficult - handling is clearly geared for high speed.
9. Some of the bikes are running wets (cbr1000rr) at the TT
10. Setup without going to the main menu

Despite these, I love the game and the challenge of getting round the TT course clean/fast with minimal mistakes.

when you look at the issues, it’s like they never played the game whilst developing it - or neveR tried to go fast. If only there was a way of getting these issues to them.

Interesting to read the posts here.

Owned the game since it came out but have not had chance to play it at all. I am in the process of porting my WRC 8 Mods over to TT 2.

I have spent a few hours on it today and all grahics mods are working %100 from WRC8 over to TT2

I know my way around the both game system pretty well so I will see what I can do with the physics and handling. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
what a hell is their problem with the views, I really don't know ?!
I mean... can't they understand I don't want some artificial dynamic FOV, and turn it on or off it's always ON !?
Beside that camera is always too far away then it supposed to be, I really can't feel connected with the driver.
And I just can't use actually pretty good cockpit camera, cause I'm not a frickin expert for this game.

Fixed this, bike is locked and does not pull away from the view.

1. direction changes are painfully slow - they need to have rider position and movement dictate what the bike is doing.
3. Leaning forwards/backwards does nothing - it used to in TT ROTE 1
7. You turn off anti-wheelie and if it picks the front wheel up then off a crest gravity disappears and you float upwards then crash.
8. Low speed areas eg Govenors bridge are stupidly difficult - handling is clearly geared for high speed.

I have fixed all these problems. :thumbsup:

Exploring the TT2 game engine yesterday.

Kylotonn actually built the whole of the island in the game, even though nobody will ever see it. So yes, when you are playing the game you really are riding around the island. Crazy.

TT2 2020-05-12 19-09-26.jpg

Picture taken in realtime in the game engine using debug mode freecam.

Last edited:
I bet those guys planning to build a FPS game there, just wait ! :D
With zombies, of course. That's quite popular these days. :rolleyes: :sick:

edit:
That would knock two birds with one stone. I can see an DLC comming for TTIoM too.
Just imagine... zombies running on track trying to grab you. Pretty neat huh.
I mean... the course isn't challenging enough, :giggle:
and these days we need something extra to make our blood run. :D

Last edited:
Are you referring to my post ?
That was a clearly a joke. I mean... zombies looking like Boris John son :rolleyes:
running all over the Isle of Man, colliding with us on track I mean, c'mon...
:geek:
that's obviously not gonna happen.

Cuz I won't give them the copyrights. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline