as you know, ive been busy on WRC8 so TT2 got pushed back a day or two to test the latest TT2 update

The TT2 Mods are completely finished, i just need to test compatibility with the latest update then I will upload. :thumbsup:
I hope you really have done this, it would be awesome!
I've actually stopped playing for now, the game is just unlocked enjoyable in its current state.

as you know, ive been busy on WRC8 so TT2 got pushed back a day or two to test the latest TT2 update

The TT2 Mods are completely finished, i just need to test compatibility with the latest update then I will upload. :thumbsup:

Seeing as these two games run on the same engine surely FIA ETRC would benefit from your mods too?

Sounds like there maybe someone here that can help me. I can not change the resolution or refresh rate. It is greyed out and will not allow a change. I watched a video and that persons screen showed it as normal, not greyed out. I have used Oculus VR with Vorpx and then disabled Vorpx and used the monitor, both ways they were greyed out. How do I fix this?

I am...the devs promised a big patch for 26th May, instead we got 17.1 Meg...do you follow what the devs are posting? It IS relevant.

Look at the date he posted that, then nothing happened.
I'd love to be wrong, but as time passes I'm less and less hopeful that anything will come of this.

I am...the devs promised a big patch for 26th May, instead we got 17.1 Meg...do you follow what the devs are posting? It IS relevant.

Look at the date he posted that, then nothing happened.
I'd love to be wrong, but as time passes I'm less and less hopeful that anything will come of this.

He's a private modder. Believe it or not he probably does have a life that is more important than releasing mods.

I'm not trying to be rude or have a pop at anyone, I'm only frustrated with the devs, can't think of a reason to be upset with anyone here.
Least of all the only person who might help.

Right but the devs more than likely dont read this forum.
I have already messaged the devs, I added my concerns to those others have expressed. That resulted in the 17 megs.
Since then we've messaged them again, but have had no response. So I don't think we can expect much help from there.

It is possible to edit skins for this game! It was a painful process but possible nonetheless. First extract the skin to dds using Noesis, then edit the dds (must use BCS- Linear,DXT5), then I transferred the dds back into the original PTX file using a hex editor. Someone with more understanding could most likely automate the conversion process and really speed this up.
screenshot.png

I have also had a look at the physics and made a few changes to understand how to improve it. If I get something good I will share it.

It is possible to edit skins for this game! It was a painful process but possible nonetheless. First extract the skin to dds using Noesis, then edit the dds (must use BCS- Linear,DXT5), then I transferred the dds back into the original PTX file using a hex editor. Someone with more understanding could most likely automate the conversion process and really speed this up.
View attachment 383607

I have also had a look at the physics and made a few changes to understand how to improve it. If I get something good I will share it.
Have you done any skins you could share? The only way for me to understand the process I think would be by watching someone do it in a tutorial.

Exploring the TT2 game engine yesterday.

Kylotonn actually built the whole of the island in the game, even though nobody will ever see it. So yes, when you are playing the game you really are riding around the island. Crazy.

View attachment 372241
Picture taken in realtime in the game engine using debug mode freecam.
How did you unlock the freecam? I'm modding the PS4 version and I see references to the freecam in memory, but have no clue how to enable it - not all the commands in the settings.cfg file are compatible with the PS4. I can navigate the map by manually inputting the cam coordinates but it's a total pain.

Looks like the devs used Google maps api?
No chance the complete island has collision - now that would be crazy.
ttisleofman-rideontheejk6q.jpg

ttisleofman-rideonthefkjhs.jpg

ttisleofman-rideonthe13k6f.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%