Weirdly the worst off for "controller" issues are real bikers....it took me months of playing Ride and MGP 15 to get decent at using a gamepad ( I still struggle when things start to go wrong and my brain can't convert the inbuilt real bike response to my thumbs in time)....for the same reason using a wheel is no good, I understand it's better for leaning....but controlling the throttle and brakes with feet???? no no no!! ;)

(OMFG...just realised I've been driving now longer than I was riding bikes.....oh gawd I feel old!)

I would assume aircraft simulation controllers such as joystick or yoke would be much better for motorcycle simulation. Especially when accompanied by a separate throttle control. There's a reason why many fighter pilots have talked about a similarity in principles between aircraft and motorcycles.

@Stig Bidstrup @Martin Fiala thanks for the heads up and tips on using the wheel. I just had to give it a go, here are the initial results of my wheel on a bike experiment! I usually use an Xbox Elite controller with the medium length left stick and the 'smooth' profile for comparison.

Using the wheel feels so wrong for a bike game but I have to say it's also hugely enjoyable and works well! I was struggling to get a clean Supersport ZX6-R lap below 19 minutes with the gamepad, 2 laps with the wheel and I did an 18:02:05 with one mistake in the slow corners right at the end.

I had my DD2 wheel connected ready for the AMS2 Beta 4 to drop so used that. Here are the settings I used and I may well have the wrong, it's the first time I've ever tried using a wheel on a bike game!

90 DOR (lowest setting on the DD2 wheel) - I needed 90 to make the bike responsive enough especially on quicker reaction turns. Anything above 120 DOR felt slow and unresponsive.

20 FFB - there is none in the wheel so this makes no real difference, basically, the wheel has the same feedback as the MS Wireless Xbox One wheel.

Nat Friction: 20 - this seemed to be the best way to give the wheel some natural weight.

I tried changing other on wheel settings but they made no difference.

The good:
+++ So much easier to hold the sweeping turns than the gamepad.

++ Throttle and brake control are so much easier (but noting what @Damage Inc says that's because I've played car racing games for so long and have that sensitivity on the pedals more than I do on the gamepad triggers). Yep, it feels very wrong for a bike!

++ No assists are needed at all, the smoother leaning and throttle brake mean it's much easier and better to ride the bike with no assists.

The bad:

--- No feeling or feedback fro the bike, it's like playing racing games before FFB was invented. I really enjoy those 'shunts' through the control pad on each upshift on the bike (I remember them well from the sequential box in my Westfield Megabird - a real satisfying thump each gear engaged).

-- Low-speed corners are really tricky, especially if the wheel hits the hard stop but that could just be my bad technique in slow corners too!

It's certainly fun though, I enjoyed the laps more with the wheel than the controller even though it felt more like I was driving than riding!

Thank you for incorporating steering wheel support in this new game :thumbsup:.
I will get on and do my thing...

Would you mind posting your settings for a wheel? I'd assume a small range like 270. Also, I would think the wheel would be used with pedals for brake/gas or wheel buttons?

Finally, is it native support?

Would you mind posting your settings for a wheel? I'd assume a small range like 270. Also, I would think the wheel would be used with pedals for brake/gas or wheel buttons?

Finally, is it native support?
Native I don know what means ...but I guess you mean specific G27 support for example ?

The game dont have that ..it only says Steering wheel .

My steering wheel range is between 53-57 depending on how responsive the bike is .

My centerspring resistance is 85 % high number means you can be more precise when turning in.

I haven't noticed any FFB in the game so the centerspring is important .

I use the paddles for gear shifting .

I use 1 AIDS combined braking ( but as I write.. I guess its possible to use clutch pedal as second Brake ? )

My steering wheel is G29.

Question from me: have any found where to map rider movement in game...ore is it not possible ??

Rider movement in the first game had a huge influence on the driving .. massive influence .

I would be intrigued as well...would be great to know your thoughts as I often thought I would like to try a Bike game only if it had Wheel support and it was good...enjoyed reading your Review above also :thumbsup::)
I remember I used my wheel a long time ago for FIFA98 and one NHL game and also for a few motocycle games as I had no gamepad at that time. I used the whel to go left and right and the 2 pedals (no clutch) for forward and backward.

I will just copy pasta my comment from steam.

Game's much better than first one.

Bike sounds are much better,handling is better in helmet or fork cam,cant tell for handling from drone pov since i cant belive game can be enjoyed while in drone cam.,enjoying every second so far. I dont dig deep into some nonsense to brag about how bad some things are,just enjoying riding bikes around the course at a steady pace first lap and full on other laps.

I wont speak bs about career because i never look at that,im here just for the bikes and TT course.

Theres only one thing im curious about is im unable to completely remove that WOOOSH sounds near buildings and trees,seems like ambience and wind to 0 doesnt change anything.

Sounds of engine when going over bumps gives me boners and for some reason i cant stop riding classic bikes.

Edit: this only applies to first person views,not drone view,seems kinda odd.Riding with all systems off.

Money well spent and will play into the future like first game. Peace

Question from me: have any found where to map rider movement in game...ore is it not possible ??

Rider movement in the first game had a huge influence on the driving .. massive influence .

Text here and video below because it's more complicated than it should be!

Options - Controls - Gamepaly - Tucked Position (and seated position) both buttons were unassigned for the DD2

To assign - select Tucked Position (I had to do this via the keyboard, the wheel wouldn't work) using the arrow keys to selected 'Tucked Position' and enter twice to select that control. Use the arrow keys to move to the right-hand side of the screen to 'Assign Key', hit Enter, select the key or stick you want on your wheel. On the CSWv2 I used the left stick.

I've been using 120 degrees (though I could go lower I think) and 50% centering spring. I will likely have a video of my lap and some "bonus" content out soon (but I'm using some training wheels for sure).

The wheel did reset to 540 after starting the game, but you just have to Alt-Tab to the wheel settings, adjust it and then it sticks.

A wheel on a bike game is an abomination, Might as well paint your house with a banana.

Back in the day a joystick was a perfect device for a motorcycle game, They then ruined that by putting the riders weight onto the right stick, which makes no damn sense and created crazy physics conundrum which has lead to less realistic behavior and a lowering in quality of games across the board.

As for this game, I tried the first, I've been riding bikes all my life, currently own 5 motorcycles, None of them or any others I've ridden have displayed the characteristics that the bike in game has, So if they have smoothed out the bike I might be interested again.

There is no reason to seesaw all over the road and crash simply from powering out of a corner. hell, In the real world traveling at high speed I've had the back end step out under power while leaning and bought it back into line immediately....

A wheel on a bike game is an abomination, Might as well paint your house with a banana.

Back in the day a joystick was a perfect device for a motorcycle game, They then ruined that by putting the riders weight onto the right stick, which makes no damn sense and created crazy physics conundrum which has lead to less realistic behavior and a lowering in quality of games across the board.

As for this game, I tried the first, I've been riding bikes all my life, currently own 5 motorcycles, None of them or any others I've ridden have displayed the characteristics that the bike in game has, So if they have smoothed out the bike I might be interested again.

There is no reason to seesaw all over the road and crash simply from powering out of a corner. hell, In the real world traveling at high speed I've had the back end step out under power while leaning and bought it back into line immediately....
This one is on the other extreme. It's on rails. You can corner all day long at 260, and the rear or front won't go anywhere. If you go over a small bump you don't get any warning or lose any traction, you simply fall, boom.

The bike will turn even when the rider isn't even moving at all, and if you want it to turn just a bit, it really does turn like it's a car, AGAIN. The bike actually turns by itself, the rider moving around is just for show. There's no weight transition based on the rider's weight, just the bike's, you can feel it (at least i can). Same as the first one just less obvious. And no instability when braking or coming out of corners. Basically, it's a car AGAIN, just not a rally car. Meaning that it turns the same, it just doesn't lose grip so much.

Personally, i'm done with it. Hell if the TT itch comes back i think i might start playing the first one, just for the extra madness of it.

Last edited:
This one is on the other extreme. It's on rails. You can corner all day long at 260, and the rear or front won't go anywhere. If you go over a small bump you don't get any warning or lose any traction, you simply fall, boom.

The bike will turn even when the rider isn't even moving at all, and if you want it to turn just a bit, it really does turn like it's a car, AGAIN. The bike actually turns by itself, the rider moving around is just for show. There's no weight transition based on the rider's weight, just the bike's, you can feel it (at least i can). Same as the first one just less obvious. And no instability when braking or coming out of corners. Basically, it's a car AGAIN, just not a rally car. Meaning that it turns the same, it just doesn't lose grip so much.

Personally, i'm done with it. Hell if the TT itch comes back i think i might start playing the first one, just for the extra madness of it.

I thought they were putting animations (such as tank slappers) in as a warning of losss of control? This to me is where Milestone has it right (well up to Ride 2 and VR46 at least for me), apart from being TOO forgiving! You get a visual warning of loss of control which gives you a chance to react. 1st TT game was awful in this regard, you're sayng the new one is the same?

What the TT devs NEED to do is understand the pinciples of tucking the front when front grip is lost, and highsiding (possibly lowsiding but that's a LOT rarer) under power. Add in animations to warn us before we get to the point of no return (and just reduce the window for correction with increasing difficulty). I'd also like automatic countersteer for the rear slightly stepping out and just needing a slight feathering of the throttle from the player, or fully off if Mamola esque.

I've finally won the SuperSport TT, 4 laps of that crazy circuit plus one pitstop in 72:03.178 @125mph with a personal best lap of 17:42.554 @127.878 on the ZX-6R. The 2nd placed AI was just 10 seconds behind and it was tense throughout. 18th on the current overall online leaderboard and nowhere near the fastest SuperSport times of 65 minutes @138mph, I won't be getting anywhere near that! I finally feel I'm getting some familiarity with the full circuit.

As a game I can only say I am enjoying it as a truly intense challenge, just being able to concentrate for that long is a challenge for me. Fair play to the devs making a game that requires 70+ minutes of concentration in our distracted low attention span gaming society.

I can't speak about realism, I'm not a biker so I don't know. There are some animations that show the bike beginning to slide and I find the bikes much easier to 'read; with all the assists switched off. It's a pretty intense gaming challenge though and if it was made any tougher I can't imagine it would find much of an audience. I know it's a long time ago but Moto GP06 is one I always remember as a truly playable bike game where the handling felt great up to and just beyond the limit, since then graphics have got better but handling hasn't really improved.

There also appears to be a problem with long career races. Although the framerate reported 60fps there were some huge slowdowns as the laps wore on, especially in tree-lined areas, it's like the game needs to think as the player approaches some corners. Next time I'll try turning the graphics settings down further from 1080p / High to see if that helps.

Now to see if I can find a solution to the Superbikes throwing me off the back of the bike on hard acceleration and over some of the crests!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 125 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 98 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 134 13.9%