Wow, that's one hell of a revelation right there. So your saying they made probably biggest mistake you could possibly do for a bike-sim and used a flawed physics engine to begin with. Anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge in this area knows you can't properly adapt car physics to a bike sim/mod. It's been attempted many times in the past and i'm yet to see it successfully pulled off. No wonder many punters felt ripped off with the first title.

Your right. I don't need to purchase it. I'll happily sit back and see how this title unfolds upon release. Cheers for the heads up, Damage.

yup, the bikes handle like cars when over the edge of grip, lock the front, the bikes slide the front end and you stay upright, rear end grip loss was woefull as well. I'm certain I saw someone post hacked physics files that referred to 4 wheels in places.

I still loved the first game though.....that why I'm cautiously optimistic for the 2nd, because if the physics can convey at least something of controlling a bike then I do believe it will be awesome. :) fingers crossed!

To those that purchased the first game, I tend to believe there should a option where this is available to those punters as a DLC at half price. As there nothing new jumping out at us, even using the same game engine if i'm not mistaken?
I agree, frankly I'm surprised they have the cheek to try & rip people off for a second time.
I own all of "Milestones" bike games & really thought the first game was going to be epic, it broke my heart to find it was actually a steaming pile of dirge seemingly developed by people that have absolutely no clue what it's like to ride a motorcycle.
They should at the very least release a serious demo of the game pre-release, say Douglas to Ramsey just to show all of us that got stung before that they listened & have fixed what sucked.

With a release date heading ever closer, check out the new gameplay trailer for TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge, as KT Racing reveal some of the classic bikes set to appear in the game.

Of course, we all well know that the upcoming new TT Isle of Man game will feature the legendary Snaefell Mountain Course that has been the core street racing circuit of the Isle of Man TT Road Races since 1907, but as an added bonus, the developers have confirmed the upcoming new game will also feature a range of classic bikes from the history of the big race... but more about that later.

Firstly, let's get into the main thrust of the article, and that is a nice preview video of the very first gameplay from the title - including a first look at the improved on-board helmet camera that makes its debut within TT IoM 2: Ride on the Edge:

The video features the BMW S1000RR of Davy Todd, and takes us round a portion of the 37.73 mile course in both chase, on-board and TV style cameras within the game.

As well as the new video above, KT Racing have also confirmed classic bikes such as the MV Agusta 500 Three, Norton NRS 588, Suzuki XR69, Yamaha TZ 750 and the Ducati 900 of Mike Hailwood (available as a pre-order bonus) will be available within the game, adding yet more fuel for fans of two wheel street racing action!

Got a particular desire to see a specific piece of content or feature? Don't forget to add your thoughts in our TT IoM 2 'Wish List' thread.

TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2 will be available March 19 2020 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PC and later on Nintendo Switch.

Check out the RaceDepartment TT IoM 2 sub forum to connect with your fellow fans of bike racing goodness!

TT 2.jpg

Attachments

• tt iom 2 header.jpg
    tt iom 2 header.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
I honestly believe that Kylloton should be closely followed. They have been inspiring to see how they've been improving theire craft on all fronts to now. Good to know they have rally future on they re hands.

Maybe now that Codemasters owns the SMS engine they can start to present us with some finally needed decent and natural physics.

I loved the first one, but always found myself sticking up for it as people seemed to dislike it purely as it was too difficult, that's exactly what I loved about it.

Looking at this gameplay video, it looks like the same game? This feels more like a game GUI facelift and classic bikes expansion to me.

They'll still get my money no doubt.

I loved the first one, but always found myself sticking up for it as people seemed to dislike it purely as it was too difficult, that's exactly what I loved about it.

Looking at this gameplay video, it looks like the same game? This feels more like a game GUI facelift and classic bikes expansion to me.

They'll still get my money no doubt.
People disliked it because it felt like driving a car and not a motorcycle. It wasn't difficult, at all.

Looks the same to me except from the helmet cam. Bikes turning on a dime, especially at slow corners....? Yeah..... Oh well...i hope ride 4 expands on TT a little bit more, then we can all forget about KT and their silly games...

Internet doesn't always tell the truth. If a Youtuber cannot drive it and says it's hard, you dont have to believe. I say it was too easy and what did make it hard at times, was the bugs and physics engine that was messy and feel like a car indeed. It was ok for casual use but when taken a bit more seriously, just dump it or you did lose your mind because how broken it was. I hope there is a discount for those who have the original 1/3rd of a game.

Would like to get excited but again, the dynamics of the bike look wrong. When transferring weight the pivot point is the contact patch of the tyre. Yet another bike game that seems to think it should pivot around an invisible shaft, driven in through the headlight and out through the back end.
It's still being played on a gamepad that was designed 20 years ago to play games with. Updating the bike physics isnt going to make an once of difference. Same game with some new bikes!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%