TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge | Launch Date Confirmed

The upcoming TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge videgame now has a release date...

... and it's March 19th 2020!

Sequel to the original Kylotonn release from back in 2018, the new official videogame of the legendary Isle of Man TT bike race is set to hit your virtual game stores (and real ones to of course) this March 19th, bringing what Kylotonn are calling a much improved version of the game, with real rider input and improved physics and realism.

The new title will once again be centred around the 60+ km Snaefell Mountain Course, however the game will also ship with '17 additional tracks, 18 different motorbikes including classic models, and the official riders' - adding up to what should be the most realistic representation of racing the most dangerous and revered road racing circuit in the world.

TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge will release for console and PC March 19th 2020.

Head over to the TT IoM 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussion about this exciting new bike racing title.

TT IoM 2 Date.jpg

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

el_mattpro

100RPM
May 18, 2013
Right from the start the cockpit view movement looks way more MotoGP17-Ride2 than before (it sucks on TT1) so good to see this, because the physics and ultra arcade movement is what made me quit this game after 10 hours or so, and now we have tracks like UlsterGP? with better Physics-Movement? i'm done, i want to test it right now. Yeah i know, motogp-ride2 movements are still Arcade, YES, but they are wayyyy better than the first game of TT.

Reactions: Damage Inc

isamu

250RPM
Sep 17, 2008
What are the chances the IOM Track will by easily rippable from this game, so that it can be ported over to AC? I really want a good version of IOM in AC. Not fair GPL still has the best version :(

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
@isamu I'd say almost zero as the track is officially licensed by the IOM government.

I bought the first game for the TT circuit, the bike physics and playability of the game were dubious. I persevered and got some decent playtime out of the game.

Personally I'll need to play a decent-sized demo or experience the game for myself before I'd buy this time.

safi hellie

50RPM
Jul 18, 2019
@isamu I'd say almost zero as the track is officially licensed by the IOM government.

I bought the first game for the TT circuit, the bike physics and playability of the game were dubious. I persevered and got some decent playtime out of the game.

Personally I'll need to play a decent-sized demo or experience the game for myself before I'd buy this time.
Because like that ever stopped anyone?
Have you seen the mods section on here?

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

GGDAG

1RPM
Aug 25, 2017
I've been looking a lot into this, and finally it seems like they are "redeeming" theirselves for the errors done with TT 1, but still, I don't think it will be too different. I, instead, recently found out about Bike Sim Experience, and even though they're only posting in-game videos and photos on their FB page, it looks like it's coming out pretty well. Physics look good (but still, obviously, I'd wait to try it to give my impression), but most importantly, I've watched a video with what looks like a Yamaha R1 and it sounds amazing! The sound alone is so immersive

Reactions: turbo86

turbo86

75RPM
Feb 12, 2009
I've been looking a lot into this, and finally it seems like they are "redeeming" theirselves for the errors done with TT 1, but still, I don't think it will be too different. I, instead, recently found out about Bike Sim Experience, and even though they're only posting in-game videos and photos on their FB page, it looks like it's coming out pretty well. Physics look good (but still, obviously, I'd wait to try it to give my impression), but most importantly, I've watched a video with what looks like a Yamaha R1 and it sounds amazing! The sound alone is so immersive
Wait...is that tire deformation i see there?

Duke55

75RPM
Oct 8, 2015
To those that purchased the first game, I tend to believe there should a option where this is available to those punters as a DLC at half price. As there nothing new jumping out at us, even using the same game engine if i'm not mistaken?

Damage Inc

500RPM
Nov 22, 2013
To those that purchased the first game, I tend to believe there should a option where this is available to those punters as a DLC at half price. As there nothing new jumping out at us, even using the same game engine if i'm not mistaken?
Nothing new? Apart from physics redone from scratch, more bikes, more riders....I mean what "new" things would you want to justify paying full price? (genuinely curious)

You know you can always wait for a sale and get it cheaper in about 6 months after release?!!

Gufo_Tave

1RPM
Oct 13, 2009
I hope they fix phisics and AI, this time.

The first one was good to see, but barely playable: AI not-existent, no feeling of what the bike is doing... 90% of the time you fall without understanding the reason.