I truly hope this is a big improvement as the harsh reviews by many of the first made me stay away I'm afraid so far. I really want to experience that track and if the reviews are good I'll give it a go.
But honestly there is only so much immersion with a gamepad.

My dad used to say "never buy the first version of anything especially cars". Maybe that can be applied to racing sims/games.

So now that TT V2 is coming what about Dakar 2?

The first TTIOM was very flawed, but yet not landed too far from the target.

This new game deserves a moderated hype.
Unless its the same thing again. Sounds good in trailers and is hyped but when it lands it has its usual problems again. I dont get hyped anymore. Too old for that. Hype is a marketing technique and nothing else. Usually its dissapointing when we see the real product. Its also why i never pre-order anymore. I always hope however that they prove me wrong.

Bike sims need a decent input to be even remotely realistic. There is no point adding VR to a game like this if you using a gamepad.

Haven't tried it with the first TT game, but previous bike-sims go alright using a Flight Joystick. Can take a bit to get use to, wouldn't bother with a gamepad like you mentioned though.

I truly hope this is a big improvement as the harsh reviews by many of the first made me stay away I'm afraid so far. I really want to experience that track and if the reviews are good I'll give it a go.

My dad used to say "never buy the first version of anything especially cars". Maybe that can be applied to racing sims/games.

Yeah the first one left a lot to be desired physics and behavior wise (among other things). There was moments of great fun like going at max speed and jumping off small dips, but it wasnt enough to keep me playing - and i would have LOVED a Isle Of Man TT game to play again and again and again. It just felt too stiff and a bunch of realistic behavior not implemented. Lets hope this one gets closer to the mark.

Haven't tried it with the first TT game, but previous bike-sims go alright using a Flight Joystick. Can take a bit to get use to, wouldn't bother with a gamepad like you mentioned though.
Gamepad is fine if they add options to sensitivity and even curve to how the joystick range works (little gas/brake at first and then more and more, or the other way around, or linear etc).

Unless its the same thing again. Sounds good in trailers and is hyped but when it lands it has its usual problems again. I dont get hyped anymore. Too old for that. Hype is a marketing technique and nothing else. Usually its dissapointing when we see the real product. Its also why i never pre-order anymore. I always hope however that they prove me wrong.
I don't use pre-order... just games like ACC (that I lightly regretted to do so), Civilization (this was a big regret) and XCOM (never failed since the reboot... pre-ordered the two and no regret here), but by "moderate hype" I mean that this game deserve to be watched closely... because TT1 was flawed, but still a good game (way above the average for bike racing games) and KT Racing is very inconstant, but they know how to make good games and usually they release at least ok games... it's hard to see something really bad coming from them.

I will pay attention. No pre-order, but I have a good feeling about this franchise... if TT2 is a bad game I will not cry for that lol

what this game needs and what it's predecessor needed is vintage bike packs.
real vintage bikes that real men rode at IOM.
ones with lots of power and drum brakes bias ply tires no rear suspension and spring forks.
Like in the good old days when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous.

By the time this releases it'll be likely over two years since the original released. They have completely rebuilt the physics including suspension, brakes as well as the tyre model and some of you guys want it as a free patch? Geez, curb your entitlement. :rolleyes:

That’s because you could not really patch a car - well not counting dramatic recalls and the modern day car electronics, nor exclusive overhauls - there is a significant difference between software like a game and “hardware” like a car.

If you want you can continuously upgrade the same game - look at rFactor 2 or Raceroom Experience, better yet something like World of Tanks or War Thunder.

The other side of the spectrum is F1 2010-2019 (not counting 2009).

TT could have been improved.
Dakar I am not so sure about.

But the irony is that many gamers now accept the idea (or hope) that the next game in the series will an improvement. Buy your upgrade.

Now too many people adopt the skip the early version, the game will flop and there will not even be an improvement. Some companies will not stop at one try, some won’t have the funds to go for version two.

Nascar Heat needed 4 versions to get a positive rating (which still surprises me, but who cares about what I think...).

TT I actually liked its potential and feeling of speed.
I’ll pick it up albeit from a cheap source or during a sale.

Dakar 2.... no thanks
FIAETRC2.... hell no
Etc...

Most of these are B movies.
Can be fun, but seldom shine nor are they really memorable.
Sometimes there is the odd cult classic.

Wanted to love the first being that it had the Isle but the handling made it a pure exercise in frustration and something that could've been fixed with a patch, which never came.

I'll keep on eye on the Steam reviews but because I stupidly got the first at full price and didn't get my money's worth, I'll get this at 50% off during a sale, IF those reviews are solid.

To all those saying the first game could've been patched....I think that's incorrect, the base line physics of the game were car based and thus DEEPLY flawed with regards to motorcycles. If they have written from scratch bike based physics for the sequel then good, but a simple patch of the 1st game would have done nothing to address the fundamentals of the 1st game being totally wrong. Cars and bikes are COMPLETELY different.

To me the fact that the onboard resembles the Milestone games is a good thing, locking the view to the bike in the 1st game was so wrong and made onboard largely unplayable for me.

Bugger... Just got the first TT game and noticed the only controller option is for a xbox one controller. two pre-configured layouts and customisable one. Hope they improve on that with this title then. A configurable flight joystick option would be a nice extension for TT2. :cool:

To all those saying the first game could've been patched....I think that's incorrect, the base line physics of the game were car based and thus DEEPLY flawed with regards to motorcycles. If they have written from scratch bike based physics for the sequel then good, but a simple patch of the 1st game would have done nothing to address the fundamentals of the 1st game being totally wrong. Cars and bikes are COMPLETELY different.

To me the fact that the onboard resembles the Milestone games is a good thing, locking the view to the bike in the 1st game was so wrong and made onboard largely unplayable for me.
Besides the point, people are saying what is being proposed seems more typical of a patch than a new game, whether that was possible or not.

Besides the point, people are saying what is being proposed seems more typical of a patch than a new game, whether that was possible or not.

Not really, you can't patch fundamentally WRONG physics. Bikes and cars are totally different, there's no amount of patching that could fix TTIOMs handling issues. Yes it was ok when in control, but at the moment of loss of grip/control EVERYTHING was wrong about how the bike reacted.

The first time I locked up the brakes and the Ca...I mean Bike just slid off to the side like a car understeering I knew it was flawed, on a bike the front tucks and you kiss the tarmac. When losing the rear in the game, it just came round until you speared off into a wall/hedge...a bike should highside, ether resulting in a crash if severe enough or pant filling rodeo ride (think mamola!).

NONE of that basic physical behaviour was in TTIOM. Hopefully it'll be in the new game. Milestone do it right, it's just that they give us ridiculous amounts of grip so loss of grip is rare and easily controllable. Any control input on a bike needs to be subtle, do anything harsh and sudden and they will bite you on the arse!

I'm confused by all the no VR no buy comments, I presume you all have bike controllers...i.e. handle bars? Because you have the realism of feeling "on" the bike when your hands will be doing anything but controlling a bike? I just find it weird.....do people play the car sims in VR with pads?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back