• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured TT Isle of Man 2 Confirmed For 2020 Release

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game 2' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,012
    Isle of Man 2.jpg
    A second official Isle of Man TT game is set to launch next year, with TT Isle of Man 2 confirmed during E3 this week.

Once again featuring the fearsome 37-mile Snaefell Mountain Course in all of its crazy glory, Bigben Interactive have confirmed that a sequel to last years surprisingly disappointing but still highly promising TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge is under development.

Although obviously a big news story for the publisher and Kylotonn Racing (the development team responsible for creating both games), very little detail about the new release other than the preview image at the head of this article and 'Isle of Man 2' title have been revealed.

What we know at this very early stage is that the developers are looking at a 2020 release window, and if the new game mirrors the original game we can surely expect it to drop on both console and PC once again.

With some very solid graphics and an awesome licence in the form of the official Isle of Man TT event, let us hope that KT Racing and Bigben have learnt their lessons from the original effort and come back stronger for this new game.

TT Isle of Man 2 is expected to release 2020.

Keep an eye out for the upcoming new TT Isle of Man 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment in the very near future..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +589
    Yeah... sometimes they hear something from me, sometimes I hear something from them. :rolleyes::D
    Great news btw. :geek:

3. Juliusz Baczynski

Juliusz Baczynski

Ratings:
    +98
    "Bigben Interactive have confirmed that a sequel to last years surprisingly disappointing but still highly promising TT Isle of Man" what was so disappointing about the game?

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +589
    Just about everything. :D
    Naaah, just kidding... :)

5. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +53
    What was disappointing about TT last year?
    Maybe it was not perfect, but it is a blast to play with the limitations of a controller.

I certainly am not disappointed by the original.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,012
    What I'm saying about the "surprisingly disappointing" aspect of it is more down to the unfulfilled potential of the game. I expected that, considering the whole focus was the TT, we would have a more joined up experience in terms of the available bikes / classes / riders, a bit of a better thought out and detail structure around the whole excitement of taking part in the TT itself and also the handling characteristics of the bikes. Ok, I'm no biker sadly (the wife won't let me!), and I do struggle to get myself in the right spot to ride a bike game properly, but I've taken my own experiences with the title, added in the comments of folks who know about real bike racing and riding, compared to other bike games and come up with the conclusion the handling model still has a way to go until they can confidently claim they nailed it.

But again, its still promising, and TT 2 could well be the answer to those "disappointments".

I hope so, as it could potentially be a rather awesome game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. antirussia81

antirussia81

Ratings:
    +115
    Two wheels are missing, again.

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. ChevyGuy566

ChevyGuy566

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't see why they needed to make a whole new game unless the physics problems of the first game are so fundamental to the code that it can't be patched. I found a lot of fun to be had in the first game but almost equal amounts of frustration. The way the bike (and eventually the sidecars too) spit you off in ways that defy Earthly physics was incredibly annoying. That's really the only thing I'd like to see fixed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,250
    I'd say everything except the track and graphics in general.

The game was worth getting just for the track, but other than that, it really is/was weak. I wish they would just package the track and offer it separately as a mod for other games ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. RKip455

RKip455
    Attack Life, its going to Kill you Anyway! Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    This was my feeling.... just something didn't grab me, I own bikes, MX, Track and Street, and like almost all bike games. But there was nothing for me... may try again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. howitzer155mm

howitzer155mm
    Premium

Ratings:
    +125
    Should have been a part of the Ride series, THAT game is good. Making a game based around one event seems a bit... Lackluster.

12. Tom Blackett

Tom Blackett
    Premium

Ratings:
    +159
    The track was amazing... The rest was very poor imho..... Fingers crossed it will appear in AC one day.. ;)

• Love Love x 1
  13. sparkyplug28

sparkyplug28

Ratings:
    +3
    Agreed the physics have a way to go my brother in law used to spanner for Dean Harrison and is a club racer in his own right and he agrees the physics are a long way short

14. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +237
    It's in GP Legends now, fory anyone who still has it installed.

15. Andy_J

Andy_J
    I hate VR. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Premium

Ratings:
    +3,548
    This actual track ripped or a scratch made one? If it's that scratch made one, it's rubbish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +331
    This will have to have WAY better bike physics/behaviour for me to even bother with it. Hopefully they are writing the physics from scratch (hence sequel) and not shoe horning bike physics into car a car physics engine. Meant to have a go at the 1st one again after watching the TT this year, but the awful physics just keep me away. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gevatter

Gevatter
    The James May of Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +237
  18. Smiggir

Smiggir

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately this is not the full course, but a version with straights shortened, the TT game version remains the only one accurate. Edit: OMFG he released the complete one! He managed to finsh it! Can't believe it XD

As a dedicated motorcyclist, fellow simracer, and casual player of bike games (Milestone saga / Gp Bikes), the physics made by BigBen were utterly garbage at best.

It was absolutely impossible to load the front tire on corner entry because the bike would lose traction in a ridiculos way, the leaning was terrible, and on corner exit there was no way to manage power slides.

The track was pure gold, I never thought it could be replicated on a videogame in a such good way, amazing, but the physic of the bikes were so garbage that I unistalled the game just a moment after I learned 100% the track. Not fun at all, but only frustration.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +491
    Completely in agreement. I have been on motorbikes enough throughout my life to be dissapointed with the game. The most annoying thing was that it looked so good and some of the greatness was there but it was missing enough to make me uninstall it after a little while. Lets hope they improve it with the second title because it deserves to be better. :)

20. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +491
    I said the same thing as you but you disagreed with me, lol? Or you mean you dont want it to be improved?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.