TT Isle of Man 2 | Classic Bikes Return + New Trailer

With a release date heading ever closer, check out the new gameplay trailer for TT Isle of Man 2: Ride on the Edge, as KT Racing reveal some of the classic bikes set to appear in the game.

Of course, we all well know that the upcoming new TT Isle of Man game will feature the legendary Snaefell Mountain Course that has been the core street racing circuit of the Isle of Man TT Road Races since 1907, but as an added bonus, the developers have confirmed the upcoming new game will also feature a range of classic bikes from the history of the big race... but more about that later.

Firstly, let's get into the main thrust of the article, and that is a nice preview video of the very first gameplay from the title - including a first look at the improved on-board helmet camera that makes its debut within TT IoM 2: Ride on the Edge:

The video features the BMW S1000RR of Davy Todd, and takes us round a portion of the 37.73 mile course in both chase, on-board and TV style cameras within the game.

As well as the new video above, KT Racing have also confirmed classic bikes such as the MV Agusta 500 Three, Norton NRS 588, Suzuki XR69, Yamaha TZ 750 and the Ducati 900 of Mike Hailwood (available as a pre-order bonus) will be available within the game, adding yet more fuel for fans of two wheel street racing action!

Got a particular desire to see a specific piece of content or feature? Don't forget to add your thoughts in our TT IoM 2 'Wish List' thread.

TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2 will be available March 19 2020 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, PC and later on Nintendo Switch.

Check out the RaceDepartment TT IoM 2 sub forum to connect with your fellow fans of bike racing goodness!

TT 2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

woz9us

100RPM
Sep 13, 2012
I loved the first one, but always found myself sticking up for it as people seemed to dislike it purely as it was too difficult, that's exactly what I loved about it.

Looking at this gameplay video, it looks like the same game? This feels more like a game GUI facelift and classic bikes expansion to me.

They'll still get my money no doubt.

turbo86

100RPM
Feb 12, 2009
I loved the first one, but always found myself sticking up for it as people seemed to dislike it purely as it was too difficult, that's exactly what I loved about it.

Looking at this gameplay video, it looks like the same game? This feels more like a game GUI facelift and classic bikes expansion to me.

They'll still get my money no doubt.
People disliked it because it felt like driving a car and not a motorcycle. It wasn't difficult, at all.

turbo86

100RPM
Feb 12, 2009
Looks the same to me except from the helmet cam. Bikes turning on a dime, especially at slow corners....? Yeah..... Oh well...i hope ride 4 expands on TT a little bit more, then we can all forget about KT and their silly games...

Reactions: JPL083

Bob Gnarley

100RPM
Feb 4, 2017
Would like to get excited but again, the dynamics of the bike look wrong. When transferring weight the pivot point is the contact patch of the tyre. Yet another bike game that seems to think it should pivot around an invisible shaft, driven in through the headlight and out through the back end.

JPL083

100RPM
Feb 7, 2017
Internet doesn't always tell the truth. If a Youtuber cannot drive it and says it's hard, you dont have to believe. I say it was too easy and what did make it hard at times, was the bugs and physics engine that was messy and feel like a car indeed. It was ok for casual use but when taken a bit more seriously, just dump it or you did lose your mind because how broken it was. I hope there is a discount for those who have the original 1/3rd of a game.

peteduggan35

25RPM
Feb 21, 2010
Would like to get excited but again, the dynamics of the bike look wrong. When transferring weight the pivot point is the contact patch of the tyre. Yet another bike game that seems to think it should pivot around an invisible shaft, driven in through the headlight and out through the back end.
It's still being played on a gamepad that was designed 20 years ago to play games with. Updating the bike physics isnt going to make an once of difference. Same game with some new bikes!

Damage Inc

1000RPM
Nov 22, 2013
On board looks a hell of a lot better, but I knew that from the other vids I've seen, not impressed with the 3rd person view though (I know I know, helmet cam all the way......sometimes I like seeing the bike!), KT really should see what Milestone have done with rider animations because they do it a LOT better. Not exactly happy with the camera moving around so much as well, hope that can be turned off!

Either way I'll be checking out the opinions of girl racer tracey (hopefully still around), Robo46 YT vids and a few more here on RD, before I commit to purchase.

The movement isn't fluid going round bends, betting on another stinker this one
That's probably caused by using a gamepad, I don't think I've ever seen a vid of a bike game being played where the cornering looks fluid every corner.

Reactions: Rifficide

Cote Dazur

1000RPM
May 21, 2013
It's still being played on a gamepad that was designed 20 years ago to play games with. Updating the bike physics isnt going to make an once of difference. Same game with some new bikes!
Thank you, even though I am much more a rider (always ride sports bike and have my personal track bike for track days) than a driver and would love to have a decent motorcycle riding simulator, it is what it is.
The riding game are just that, looking for simulation in them is pure madness.
First we would need some kind of riding simulator rig which respond to the kind of input we do when we ride. The best out there are not even close and not available to public.
I am not just talking about proper accelerator, brake ( back and front) shifter and clutch, but also weight transfer, leaning angle and counter steering.
Race driver have their simulators from their team like in F1, but rider, even in moto gp do not, because it does not exist.
So, let’s enjoy (or not) our riding game with our game pad, but, please, let stop pretending they are simulating anything. :)

turbo86

100RPM
Feb 12, 2009
Nobody's looking for PURE simulation. Such a thing doesn't exist. Or at least it's not commercially available. All we need is something that's playable but also respects the basic laws of physics, geometry , friction etc etc.

Anyway, the future is looking better and better for motorcycle simulation. Check this out "BikeSimExperience". Silly name but there's even tire deformation. Looks very very promising.

AlexHeuskat

100RPM
Sep 23, 2018
I will buy it, but in less than 02hours, I will know if I refund it.
About the rider animation, it's always crappy, you can see they hide the chase cam, to not laugh immediately about....

Alex72

1000RPM
Jan 28, 2014
Well, lets hope its a bit better. First one i loved the track but the riding was so far from reality that i got bored quickly. About the game being "too hard" had nothing to do with the riding. It had everything to do with how big the track is and how many corners it has. Of course another thing i guess that makes it harder is that the bikes dont act like real bikes.