I just really don't want a Milestone "clone".. Fine tune and improve the physics. But please don't make it too "user-friendly". I actually detest the feel of RIDE 3 on the road circuits. It feels like I'm riding in "cartoon land".. Maybe that's just me?

I can't disagree I love the motogp games but the ride series has never caught my full attention
I've been to the isle 3 times now twice for TT and once for the southern 100 and done many laps of both our cottage this year was just a mile for ballabeg hairpin and I can tell you the TT course is well done feels relistic ands although not 100% right in terms of senery etc it definatly feels like the TT course and is pretty much as close as anyone could get with current tech. The Southern Course on Ride 3 how ever is not a patch on it the senery is plan wrong in many places and the track doesnt even have the right undulations maybe thats why I cant get on with Ride 3.

What I'm saying about the "surprisingly disappointing" aspect of it is more down to the unfulfilled potential of the game. I expected that, considering the whole focus was the TT, we would have a more joined up experience in terms of the available bikes / classes / riders, a bit of a better thought out and detail structure around the whole excitement of taking part in the TT itself and also the handling characteristics of the bikes. Ok, I'm no biker sadly (the wife won't let me!), and I do struggle to get myself in the right spot to ride a bike game properly, but I've taken my own experiences with the title, added in the comments of folks who know about real bike racing and riding, compared to other bike games and come up with the conclusion the handling model still has a way to go until they can confidently claim they nailed it.

But again, its still promising, and TT 2 could well be the answer to those "disappointments".

I hope so, as it could potentially be a rather awesome game.

Agreed the physics have a way to go my brother in law used to spanner for Dean Harrison and is a club racer in his own right and he agrees the physics are a long way short

This will have to have WAY better bike physics/behaviour for me to even bother with it. Hopefully they are writing the physics from scratch (hence sequel) and not shoe horning bike physics into car a car physics engine. Meant to have a go at the 1st one again after watching the TT this year, but the awful physics just keep me away. :(

It's scratch made, and it doesn't look so bad in video at least:
http://jrpearson.homestead.com/37MileIOMMCRelease.html

Unfortunately this is not the full course, but a version with straights shortened, the TT game version remains the only one accurate. Edit: OMFG he released the complete one! He managed to finsh it! Can't believe it XD

What was disappointing about TT last year?
Maybe it was not perfect, but it is a blast to play with the limitations of a controller.

I certainly am not disappointed by the original.

As a dedicated motorcyclist, fellow simracer, and casual player of bike games (Milestone saga / Gp Bikes), the physics made by BigBen were utterly garbage at best.

It was absolutely impossible to load the front tire on corner entry because the bike would lose traction in a ridiculos way, the leaning was terrible, and on corner exit there was no way to manage power slides.

The track was pure gold, I never thought it could be replicated on a videogame in a such good way, amazing, but the physic of the bikes were so garbage that I unistalled the game just a moment after I learned 100% the track. Not fun at all, but only frustration.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is not the full course, but a version with straights shortened, the TT game version remains the only one accurate. Edit: OMFG he released the complete one! He managed to finsh it! Can't believe it XD

As a dedicated motorcyclist, fellow simracer, and casual player of bike games (Milestone saga / Gp Bikes), the physics made by BigBen were utterly garbage at best.

It was absolutely impossible to load the front tire on corner entry because the bike would lose traction in a ridiculos way, the leaning was terrible, and on corner exit there was no way to manage power slides.

The track was pure gold, I never thought it could be replicated on a videogame in a such good way, amazing, but the physic of the bikes were so garbage that I unistalled the game just a moment after I learned 100% the track. Not fun at all, but only frustration.

Completely in agreement. I have been on motorbikes enough throughout my life to be dissapointed with the game. The most annoying thing was that it looked so good and some of the greatness was there but it was missing enough to make me uninstall it after a little while. Lets hope they improve it with the second title because it deserves to be better. :)

Although as a motocyclist you are of course more qualified to judge the experience.
But me as a casual player was not handicapped by such knowledge.

To me the experience of racing the TT of Man was adequately modelled with a controller.
If you take the limitations of a controller as a starting point, you are left with road handling in all its subtleties. You describe that handling as garbage - maybe that’s the expert speaking - but within the context of all the casual bike racers over the last decade is that really a fair appraisal?

IMO it is not.
Is there room for improvement, yes.
But I am curious what your benchmark would be, if you can name one or two other casual bike games on the market.

So lets hope that TT2 will be as much fun for you as TT already was for me.

Do you mean the actual leaning or the looking into the turn?

If only they got the bike physics right, that was a real let down, I get the impression the front wheel is driving the bike, (no high siders)we need extra real world road racing tracks, like any of these. Billown Circuit, Oliver's Mount, Cookstown, Tandragee, NW200, Armoy, Ulster GP(the fastest), Kells, Walderstown, Skerries, it would be great to have all these with licensing approval

Although as a motocyclist you are of course more qualified to judge the experience.
But me as a casual player was not handicapped by such knowledge.

To me the experience of racing the TT of Man was adequately modelled with a controller.
If you take the limitations of a controller as a starting point, you are left with road handling in all its subtleties. You describe that handling as garbage - maybe that’s the expert speaking - but within the context of all the casual bike racers over the last decade is that really a fair appraisal?

IMO it is not.
Is there room for improvement, yes.
But I am curious what your benchmark would be, if you can name one or two other casual bike games on the market.

So lets hope that TT2 will be as much fun for you as TT already was for me.

Do you mean the actual leaning or the looking into the turn?

Try one of the road races in Ride 3, you can play a lot more enjoyable experience! Of course, we are riding a virtual motorbike with a controller, but IOMtt IMHO it's the worst on replicating the feeling to ride a bike.

Try one of the road races in Ride 3, you can play a lot more enjoyable experience! Of course, we are riding a virtual motorbike with a controller, but IOMtt IMHO it's the worst on replicating the feeling to ride a bike.

I really enjoy Ride 3, my main reason for asking was to get some comparison.
...and I’ll admit I am less critical here than other types of simulations.

I do have a version of TT Isle of Man for AC on my PC which looks pretty good scenic wise and has night lighting added. Whether it is Realistic to the Real track I would have no idea. But It is fun to drive for me with various car types. Not really into Biking but do have some of the games. I never got the original TT Isle of Man game, didnt see myself spending much time with it.

TT Superbikes by Jester Interactive on the PS2 is still my favourite way to lap the Isle of Man:
Can be played and upscaled on a PS2 emulator!!

I got the John McGuinness signed copy of this through an MCN competition way back in the day & it still holds up now all these years later, KT have no business making motorcycle games if they're not gonna try!
I said this at the time & I'll say it again, if you can't at least match the current gold standard for bike games (the Ride series) then don't waste your time & gamers money but they sucked big time & I'm not sure I can trust them to do a better job this time as they couldn't even be bothered to fix the first game, they just took the money & ran but having said that the actual track & graphics are the best of any bike game I've played.......

I agree that TT IOM needs fine tuning and adjusting in its physics modelling. That's a given. But imho TT IOM simulates the onboard experience of hurtling round the TT IOM course at full chat really rather well. But only from cockpit cam. Chase cam by contrast for me feels awful and ridiculous.. For me TT IOM is a 1st person view racing game. Then it makes sense. It makes even more sense for me with a steering wheel. I don't think it's very well set-up for a gamepad. Too "flighty" and way too sensitive for a gamepad, particularly bearing in mind the lift-off oversteer on the rear end.

RIDE on a road circuit? Far too "arcadey" for my tastes.

Maybe that's just me? I certainly seem to be in a minority in this respect I think.

If I switch to RIDE 2 on the "Real Challenge Physics mod" then immediately I am much happier on a road circuit on a Milestone RIDE game I have to say.. It then does feel much better for me.

So TT IOM 2? If they can improve the physics without it losing its edgy feel then I will definitely be buying it and enjoying it. It has the potential to be really good if they work hard(er) on the physics.

So far I have sampled the TT IOM course (in different lengths and versions of the course) on GP500 (Melbourne House - based on Jim Pearson's "mini" T.T. course), GpBikes (a version of Jim Pearson's "mini" TT IOM course again), Jester's TT Superbikes on PS2 (of course) and Kylotonn's TT IOM game.

So far the experience on GP500 by Melbourne House (course "add-on" courtesy of independent modders) and TT IOM by Kylotonn are keeping me the happiest. The sensation of sheer speed and a feeling of riding at high velocity so close to the edge is present in both of these..and it's a great feeling. Kylotonn just need to address the known issues in the physics.. Get a little bit more realism into the physics model.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 331 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing