TT Circuit Assen

Tracks TT Circuit Assen 0.8.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
NightEye87 submitted a new resource:

TT Circuit Assen - The Cathedral of Speed

The TT Circuit Assen, The Netherlands.
One of the most renowned motorcycle circuits in the world: The Catherdral of Speed.

This is the 2012+ layout. For now only the motorsport layout is included but the car layout will be released with the next update.

The project is a WIP. Please keep that in mind.
Most buildings are unfinished, no grooves, bad trees and bad grass (grass will be addressed in V0.5)

34 grid places, 32 pit boxes, physics objects, working AI line (albeit not the best), track...

Read more about this resource...

NightEye87 updated TT Circuit Assen with a new update entry:

V0.5 - Autosport layout included

V0.5 changelog:

- Autosport layout is now included
- Grid lines and Start/Finish remodeled
- Texture optimisation
- Kerbs UV properly scaled
- Adjustments on Ruskenhoek (gutters, kerbs)
- Grass/sand multilayer material (still WIP)
- Marshall posts added
- Coloured guardrails (orange/white/green)
- Improved gutter textures
- Proper UV scaling on the road
- New asphalt textures (still very repetitive, I know)
- Shrubbery added on the southwestern part (very sparse and some is somehow floating)

Read the rest of this update entry...

NightEye87 submitted a new resource:

TT Circuit Assen - The Cathedral of Speed

Read more about this resource...

Its a good job ,the way the track is in real life .., only problem is the track is way to flat.no bumps or ellevation made in this track for AC ., .so it needs a lot of work .hope you gonna fix this in the future ..thmbs up for efforts . greeds from holland .my hous is 15km from Assen race track.
Best race there is TT Assen .. good party time all week long.and, German car day .drag racing street legal.

Its a good job ,the way the track is in real life .., only problem is the track is way to flat.no bumps or ellevation made in this track for AC ., .so it needs a lot of work .hope you gonna fix this in the future ..thmbs up for efforts . greeds from holland .my hous is 15km from Assen race track.
Best race there is TT Assen .. good party time all week long.and, German car day .drag racing street legal.
The real track has recently (2012) been resurfaced and it's as smooth as a baby's bum. I might get to adding tiny - and I mean tiny - variations to liven it up a bit. I don't want to ruin its authenticity.

I live about 25km from the track, so I try to visit every now and then :) Always great races!

V0.6: Improved for the new AC version.

V0.6 changelog:
- Updated to use the multiple layout system
- Racing groove (motorsport only for now, and only one)
- Multilayer diffuse map clean up (lots to do)
- Grid places remodeled
- Geert Timmer Tribune done (grand stand in the final chicane)
- Fixed a hole at Ruskenhoek
- Added tree lines in the far distance
- Changed tree textures (still a long way to go)
- Animated camera at Ruskenhoek
- Added camera posts (Haarbocht, Ruskenhoek and De Bult)

TT Circuit Assen V0.7

V0.7 changelog:
- Reworked a lot of textures and materials. Most of them are still a WIP
- 3D grass
- North loop layout added
- Ideal lines added
- Grooves
- Fixed TV cameras
- Added spectator cameras
- Bumpier physics mesh
- Fixed grid positions
- Fixed i3 position
- Added trackside objects (speakers, advertisment stands, light poles, entrance gates)
- Loads of minor fixes (position of dirt paths, concrete slabs, kerb length on some corners, tirewall height Stekkenwal, tirewall position...

Hiya great work! Any news on updates? Willing to test new versions!

Top gedaan zo ver!
I (silently) uploaded V0.7.7 a few weeks ago. Silently because it's a testbuild and lots of stuff just isn't right :D But try it if you want.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Vl8ctzYIDHdnRDRmNudWM1Tmc
I'm struggling to find time at the moment, but I'm super psyched to get this back on track. I imported my LIDAR data last week (I've always had it, but worked off a greyscale height image rather than the actual point cloud) but due to a lack of memory I can only import so many points. I believe my last import only had 0,014% of all points (on a 4×4 km square) so it will only be good for surrounding terrain. I am, ofcourse, aiming to import the full mesh to make final adjustments to the track.
There's still a whole bunch of stuff to do, but I want to finish this :)

I (silently) uploaded V0.7.7 a few weeks ago. Silently because it's a testbuild and lots of stuff just isn't right :D But try it if you want.
I'm struggling to find time at the moment, but I'm super psyched to get this back on track. I imported my LIDAR data last week (I've always had it, but worked off a greyscale height image rather than the actual point cloud) but due to a lack of memory I can only import so many points. I believe my last import only had 0,014% of all points (on a 4×4 km square) so it will only be good for surrounding terrain. I am, ofcourse, aiming to import the full mesh to make final adjustments to the track.

Nice! Good to hear! As a Dutchie Assen is a must have track! So far it is so flowing!

The newest version does not load. It returns to main menu.

Last edited:

Very nice progress on this hope to see some more, few skidmarks on the corners would really bring it to life..

Does it work with Asetto 2014 ? I can see the circuit, check it, but it does not load .
Maybe files in the wrong place ?

Last edited:
My intention is to finish this, yes. Life has been rough the last few years, but recently I came back here, get involved a bit again, and it's giving me motivation to do some work again. In all honesty I have no idea where I can find the time to do so, but all my heart says I must somehow :)
Don't expect anything before the Dutch GP, though, I'd never make that deadline :p

My intention is to finish this, yes. Life has been rough the last few years, but recently I came back here, get involved a bit again, and it's giving me motivation to do some work again. In all honesty I have no idea where I can find the time to do so, but all my heart says I must somehow :)
Don't expect anything before the Dutch GP, though, I'd never make that deadline :p

Release 2020 confirmed. :D
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-officials-to-visit-assen-dutch-gp-1063108/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%