Released TT Assen 1953

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nna7slisk81extt/DeHaar.zip

Circuit van Drenthe TT Assen 1953.
Build by Erwin Greven.

This is the first track of a series of four tracks.

Soon the 1952 and 1954 versions will be released. After that the 1955 track will be build.

INTRODUCTION

============
Circuit van Drenthe. 1926 - 1954

+ Unique in many ways: The Dutch TT has always been held on Saturdays.
+ The first purpose build moto track and it has always been on the calender since the start of the FIM championship.

The 10.3 mile road circuit was located just south of Assen ( in a small village known as "De Haar") and used from 1926-1939 and 1946-1954. The race planned for 1940 was of course cancelled for obvious reasons. The length of the course was initially thought to be 17.3 km, but this was corrected to 16.536 km when the circuit was remeasured in 1936. That year and in 1937, the whole circuit was brought to a minimum width of five metres, while the surface was improved over a length of eight to ten kilometres.
In 1953, several sections were then widened to seven metres, and the hairpin known as Barteldsbocht was completely reprofiled. This cut off almost fifty metres from the circuit, bringing the length to 16.489 km.
Further improvements and changes were made for the 1954 season, first of all by widening the section from start and finish to the Jodenbocht. Second, the old course was completely bypassed via a newly-built parallel road between Bartelsbocht and the village of Hooghalen. However, to preserve the famous curves at Oude Tol, two new bends brought the riders onto the old road and then back to the new one here. Likewise, the new road rejoined the old course with a new S-curve just before Hooghalen. Finally, the so-named Kniebocht before start-finish was eased. Geoff Duke lapped the now 16.476 km course in 5.49,4 = 169.8 km/h at that year's Tourist Trophy. Average speeds that high would not be witnessed again on Dutch circuits for over two decades, as the TT moved to a new and better (but slower) circuit in 1955.

http://www.wegcircuits.nl/RennenRacesVitesse.pdf

=============

FEATURES:

---------

- Most of the track is paved with tarmac, small parts are still cobble roads.

- Night races are not possible.

- 17 pitstalls. Recommended are 34 cars.

- Fog settings add a bit of realism.

- Up to 200 unique buildings as they were situated along the track in 1953.

CREDITS:

--------

Thanks for all the tips, help, work and so on!!

- Lee Knight (Blacknight Lee, Bleek) (testing and feedback)

- Kenneth Ylitalo

- Legendsatlunch

- Kris Vickers (i.e. help with x-packer and Google-Earth)

- Woochoo (Longford!!!)

- senna4ever (Sketchup to BTB)

- Rob Semmeling - http://www.wegcircuits.nl/RennenRacesVitesse.pdf

- Drents Archief Assen - http://www.drentsarchief.nl

- Paul Tienkamp from Laaghalerveen. http://laaghalerveen.wordpress.com/11-12/laaghalerveen-1/

- Herman Liesemeijer - http://www.circuitsofthepast.nl

Further all at RaceDepartment forum and facebook.

Packs:

3d People, 60s tents, Bleeks_Longford, Common, Crowds, Default, Ennis_Extras, Ennis_Objects01, Great Britain, Haywood_Club, Kormoran2003_roads, Rural Australia, Utility_Poles.

Also my own packs: ie. Assen 1953pack, Boerderij2 and 4, CircuitvanDrenthe packs 1 - 8, Cobble road 512, Ground and Grass, NewXpack, Roadtextures2.

SPECIAL THANKS:

---------------

Brendon Pywell for Bob`s track buider

ISI for rFactor, the Gmotor2 engine and the MAS-file utility.

Google for Google Earth (kml-file), Sketchup

KNOWN ISSUES:

-------------

- Parts have some fps issues.

I do advice to turn off shadows.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

----------------

The track is not build for night racing.
Also some mods have difficulties to race here because the track is narrow.

The original track was 5 meters wide, while some parts were 7 meters.

Mods suited for this track: ie. Formula Vee, F21976 and 1978, F1 1966.

VERSION-HISTORY:

----------------

2014 May 4th - Version 1.0.0.0

Conversion only with permission!

Packs are not allowed to be used in any commercial way.
================================

Hi Erwin,
as i dont drive rfactor, i could only look at the track with 3d simed.
quite a big track, but nice details all along the track, coll stuff :)
but what i dont like is some of the textures... for example the grass just on the edge of the track before start/finish line, its distorted big time.
DeHaar_1.jpg
also the grassy hill grandstands on the left in the last corner for example, extremely distorted. DeHaar_2.jpg
also many of these texture are too small or are repeating themselfes way to fast, so it looks very tiled+artificial. good example is also after the second righthander, to the right. DeHaar_3.jpg

So when you release a new version, you might have a look at the textures :)
Greetings,
Neteye

PS: the finish sector is also very narrow, i would widen it to cover also the grass left and right of the track. there is also a little gap at start/finish on the right side, in the track, maybe btb error, just move a tracknode a little bit most times fix it.

So when you release a new version, you might have a look at the textures
Greetings,
Neteye

The textures are a real pain in the ass. I try to make them as natural as possible, but it does not work at many places.
I work on it at the 1954 version.
PS: the finish sector is also very narrow, i would widen it to cover also the grass left and right of the track. there is also a little gap at start/finish on the right side, in the track, maybe btb error, just move a tracknode a little bit most times fix it.

the track IS narrow. In fact the rfactor track is wider than the original track.
1953 > 7 meters wide at the start finish area.
Also the straight between Oude Tol and Hooghalen is 7 meters.
The rest of the track is 5 meters!!! So as wide as a normal local road.

1954 > The width at more parts of the track is then increased to 7 meters.

The track was and is primarily a motorcycle race track.

There fore i wrote that some mods are not suited for this track.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

----------------

The track is not build for night racing.
Also some mods have difficulties to race here because the track is narrow.

The original track was 5 meters wide, while some parts were 7 meters.

Mods suited for this track: ie. Formula Vee, F21976 and 1978, F1 1966.

Hi Erwin,
yeah, textures require much time... and then sometimtes the game shows them different then btb. you need to reduce the numbers overall on some parts i think, so the texture does not repeate itself to often.
what i meant with the finish sector is not the track width itself, i meant xfinish.gmt, the plane the game uses to recognize you crossed the s/f line. like if you accidently run wide at the last turn, spin to the inside into the pits or so, you may not hit that plane. just make it from the grandstands to the house, and nobody will be unhappy about losing a lap :)

Ok, that is what you meant with the finish sector. That is easy to solve.
I had more head aches about the pit entry.
Because when you start the race and you go wide because a bump or wheel spin, you can hit that pit entry plane. Then you are faced with going through the whole pit lane and wait till the red light goes to green.

The track is narrow for 85% of the layout.

Therefore the track suits mods that are:
Open wheel
max topspeed: 250 kmh/ 155mph

List of mods for which the track is suited:

Formula Vee,
F2 1976
F2 1978,
F1 1965.
rFactor trainers.
Formula Atlantic 1976
Lotus 23B
Caterham 1.99