TSW sequential shifter double shifting

Just got a TSW sequential shifter, and with race 07, most of the time when I try to shift, it double shifts in the game. Going from 1st to 3rd to 5th, instead of 1st to 2nd to 3rd. What is the solution for this? (It works perfectly in iRacing)

My dfgt did that when downshifting at times, never during the upshift. I only have Race 07 stuff. The microswitch for sownshifting had become worn, inside the switch there is a ~6mm piece of thin sheetmetal in a slightly dome shape. The top of the dome had a whole in it, this was allowing the contact to be made twice during a selected operation. I took apart one of the unused switches on the wheel[it has tons of them], took out the good dome, replaced the shifter one with it and it hasn't been a problem since. The small square switches are easy to take apart and glue back together, also easy to get from several electronics supply houses if you want.

Good Luck.

I dont think its a hardware issue. I just got the shifter today, and it works perfectly fine in iRacing.

searching in google, I found someone that had a similar problem with rFactor, and someone replied him with this:
Try opening the plr file and editing the line
Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed
setting the value which fixes your issue.

Can I do something similar with Race 07?

I dont think its a hardware issue. I just got the shifter today, and it works perfectly fine in iRacing.

searching in google, I found someone that had a similar problem with rFactor, and someone replied him with this:
Try opening the plr file and editing the line
Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed
setting the value which fixes your issue.

Can I do something similar with Race 07?

There is no such parameter in either controlset or plr file.. There is only delay for automatic gearbox (how fast can you or AI change gears after the other) But it's worth to just put those lines in there, it isn't unheard that parameters from other ISI engine versions work on the others... If it doesn't work, revert the changes..

ok, just got an email from TSW:

The solution that we are aware of for this issue is to use a free
program called JoyToKey (you can google it), which lets you map your
shifter's buttons to keyboard keys, then map those key presses to your
in-game shifting function.

This double shifting behavior is a combination of the delay time in the
game's shift detection, and the way the firmware on our shifter chips
works with Windows 7 or possibly just with 64bit OS. This issue doesn't
occur with windows XP (only tested 32bit) no matter the game, but we've
had some reports and have confirmed it ourselves on 64 bit win7, on
those games which don't have a built-in or adjustable shift delay.
We've planned to address this by working on a new firmware version but
have not had the opportunity to do so yet, nor has it been a top
priority since the issue can be addressed as described with a simple fix
for those few who've experienced it.

Im gonna try it and report :)

great customer service from TSW, and the shifter is AWESOME..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%