TS-PC Racer FFB Feel

Jivesauce

Premium
Sorry to start another boring FFB thread, but I've searched and not found anything that works for me so far. I would like to get R3E going so I could potentially join some of the new US races here occasionally, but I installed it the other day and I'm really struggling to get the FFB to where I have any idea what's happening with the car at all. It feels very light and numb under most circumstances, then suddenly very heavy and abrupt as I start to slide or crash.

The settings I'm using are from a couple threads I found here on RD and on the official forums as well, but they are all from 2017, so maybe something has changed since then? I'm not sure what's going on, but I always hear R3E described as having great FFB feel so I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

I saw that RasmusP posted some settings but then I also read that LagunaSeca posted another, I wanted to know which one are the one that SwaggerJacker meant.

I guess the one of RasmusP right?

Thank you anyway
I'd say mine are pretty good and balanced, as they feel the closest to ac, acc, rF2 and ams :p

If you need any help fine tuning just shout :)

I saw that RasmusP posted some settings but then I also read that LagunaSeca posted another, I wanted to know which one are the one that SwaggerJacker meant.

I guess the one of RasmusP right?

Thank you anyway
I don't think our posts conflict with each other though. Just give it a try. You need to tweak bunch of settings to get what is best for you, which can be an enjoyment or torture depend on your personaility.

At this time point R3E has updated numerous times. Some previous settings that only exist in the cfg files are now in the game menu, like the triple screen settings. (previously you need to adjust the launch settings via steam)I suggest you try all of them to get most out of the game.

I'd say mine are pretty good and balanced, as they feel the closest to ac, acc, rF2 and ams :p

If you need any help fine tuning just shout :)

Sorry guys, I wanted put that setup but I did not see those parameters in assetto corsa, I just realised those settings are for RaceRoom and I play in assetto corsa.

Sorry because im new in this world and I do not understand so much

Sorry guys, I wanted put that setup but I did not see those parameters in assetto corsa, I just realised those settings are for RaceRoom and I play in assetto corsa.

Sorry because im new in this world and I do not understand so much
Hehe no problem!
For Assetto corsa and the ts-pc you don't have to set much.
Default in the thrustmaster control panel
50-80% gain in Assetto
0-2% min force for a tight center

The abs, slide, road, kerb settings to your liking.
I'd recommend 20/20/5/3 in this order :)

And set control panel and the game both to 900° and you're done!

Then adjust the strength of the wheel to your liking while driving on the track, using thr numpad + and - button. You'll see "ffb strength %" at the top of your screen when hitting the buttons on your numpad.

Hehe no problem!
For Assetto corsa and the ts-pc you don't have to set much.
Default in the thrustmaster control panel
50-80% gain in Assetto
0-2% min force for a tight center

The abs, slide, road, kerb settings to your liking.
I'd recommend 20/20/5/3 in this order :)

And set control panel and the game both to 900° and you're done!

Then adjust the strength of the wheel to your liking while driving on the track, using thr numpad + and - button. You'll see "ffb strength %" at the top of your screen when hitting the buttons on your numpad.

Than you very much!!

The last questions (I promise :D)

1. Why 900° when it can turn 1080?

2. What is the difference between gain at 50% or 80%? It has nothing to do with the strenght right?

3. In the assetto, the filter value I let it at
0%?

4. Should I click the "enhanced understeer effect"?

Thank you a lot

Than you very much!!

The last questions (I promise :D)

1. Why 900° when it can turn 1080?

2. What is the difference between gain at 50% or 80%? It has nothing to do with the strenght right?

3. In the assetto, the filter value I let it at
0%?

4. Should I click the "enhanced understeer effect"?

Thank you a lot
1. You can use 1080 too I think. Shouldn't cause issues! But most wheels support 900 so I kinda feel that the games just do anything weird with 900.
In the end you won't turn your wheel that far anyway in 99,99% of driving.

2. Gain = strength of the ffb. The game has an inbuilt limit though (clipping). Driving against a wall at 200 kph will always clip.
But normal cornering won't really clip if you use 100% or below. Hitting kerbs though will clip with 100% gain.
In the end you basically set the "average" strength with gain and how much dynamic you can have between lower forces and higher forces.
My recommendation with the ts-pc is 50-80%.
Just play around with it and see what you like :)

BTW, numpad + and - are "car specific gain" and will be saved for each track + car combination.
The calculation goes like this:
Car gain * general gain * gain in the thrustmaster control panel.
Example:
70% * 50% * 100% = 35%

3. Yes, Assetto filter to 0!!

4. When you need to learn how to drive fast, yes, use it. It's an artificial effect that lets you feel very clearly when you turn the wheel too much.
It's not realistic though so shut it off once you got a better feel for everything :)

1. You can use 1080 too I think. Shouldn't cause issues! But most wheels support 900 so I kinda feel that the games just do anything weird with 900.
In the end you won't turn your wheel that far anyway in 99,99% of driving.

2. Gain = strength of the ffb. The game has an inbuilt limit though (clipping). Driving against a wall at 200 kph will always clip.
But normal cornering won't really clip if you use 100% or below. Hitting kerbs though will clip with 100% gain.
In the end you basically set the "average" strength with gain and how much dynamic you can have between lower forces and higher forces.
My recommendation with the ts-pc is 50-80%.
Just play around with it and see what you like :)

BTW, numpad + and - are "car specific gain" and will be saved for each track + car combination.
The calculation goes like this:
Car gain * general gain * gain in the thrustmaster control panel.
Example:
70% * 50% * 100% = 35%

3. Yes, Assetto filter to 0!!

4. When you need to learn how to drive fast, yes, use it. It's an artificial effect that lets you feel very clearly when you turn the wheel too much.
It's not realistic though so shut it off once you got a better feel for everything :)

Thank you very much! It really changed my experience with the TS PC.

Now I will try to copy this settings for the ACC as well.

Thank you

Hi guys i am not unhappy with my ffb in r3e but this threadt make me interest in make it even better.

Do you think those Settings are also good with a T300rs ? I think with a bit adjusting yes

BTW. I run profiler at 75% so i would „Play“ with the steering intensity first

Hi guys i am not unhappy with my ffb in r3e but this threadt make me interest in make it even better.

Do you think those Settings are also good with a T300rs ? I think with a bit adjusting yes

BTW. I run profiler at 75% so i would „Play“ with the steering intensity first
Yes, it's wheel independently simply my favorite mix of forces from raceroom.
Just the steering force intensity varies, depending in the wheel.
The more torque the wheel has, the less clipping you need to have decent average force to feel things.
With lower torque wheels, you need to raise the steering intensity to get a bit more average force, while sacrificing a bit of details to clipping.

Cool i will try your Settings these days.
I always adjust the ffb multiplier car by car so no problem here.

Edit: all clear
Hehe :p
Yeah I had to put one thing as a base. These are all just relative multipliers that go into the steering intensity without clipping or anything.
So you can put all to half or triple them.
And then put steering intensity to double the value or third of the value.
Clipping meter sits after the steering intensity value.

Hi thanks once again Rasmus. My settings was not that much different but indeed its even better now (i finaly control the Group5 cars again. It was like unpossible after the last physics patch)

I stuck with this:

75% profiler
100% force feedback intensity
55% steering force intensity

While i have less % at profiler, i raised the steering force a bit.

Other settings i left like yours, except lateral force --> 90% 100% was bit too heavy.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back