DiRT Rally 2.0 TS-PC feels AWFUL

Hey guys,
Just got a TS-PC Racer wheel and it feel absolutely awful to drive with. The wheel constantly tries to pull itself opposite the direction I'm turning, overall FFB is ridiculously strong and it sometimes just starts swinging left and right like crazy, I can send a video if necessary.
My settings are 75% Overall strength and 100 everything else.
Is there something I can do about this?
I've playing on my G27 for years and have never seen a wheel act like this.

Last edited:
I've playing on my G27 for years and have never seen a wheel act like this.
Did you load the TS-PC profile?
Thrustmaster and Logitech have opposite ffb directions. They're "inverted".
Dirt rally 2 has no "invert ffb" setting though, the correct orientation is loaded from xml files when you load a profile afaik.
(you can go into your currently used xml file and change all parts of the ffb manually from positive to negative or the other way around iirc).

Anyway, just load any thrustmaster profile in the menu and the ffb should swap left/right and your TS-PC should center itself instead of shaking left and right.

I had a similar issue once and I know that it feels absolutely awful!

Did you load the TS-PC profile?
Thrustmaster and Logitech have opposite ffb directions. They're "inverted".
Dirt rally 2 has no "invert ffb" setting though, the correct orientation is loaded from xml files when you load a profile afaik.
(you can go into your currently used xml file and change all parts of the ffb manually from positive to negative or the other way around iirc).

Anyway, just load any thrustmaster profile in the menu and the ffb should swap left/right and your TS-PC should center itself instead of shaking left and right.

I had a similar issue once and I know that it feels absolutely awful!
I've already tried that, I believe it's just the fact that the counter steering force feels unnecessarily strong and just wants to yank the wheel out of my hands and bring it back to the center. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Thank you for your suggestion though.

Last edited:
I've already tried that, I believe it's just the fact that the counter steering force feels unnecessarily strong and just wants to yank the wheel out of my hands and bring it back to the center. Do you know what I'm talking about?
Thank you for your suggestion though.
Ah okay, yeah maybe it's just too strong then! The TS-PC is more than 2x stronger than the G27.

If you want to lower the strength you can do it in 2 ways:

1. Lower the in-game strength
In dirt rally you sadly have no overall slider so try to put every ffb setting to 50% of what it currently is.
This however will not reduce the maximum peak strength. It will only reduce the average ffb strength.

Most people do it this way to get a very lively and dynamic ffb. But maybe the peak forces are too strong, then do the second way:

2. Leave in-game at default and reduce the overall ffb strength in the wheel software (thrustmaster control panel):
This will reduce all ffb, average and peak ffb.
You won't get the lively and dynamic ffb a lot of people prefer, but your wrists will thank you for the less aggressive ffb.

So by mixing option 1 & 2, you can dial in the dynamic range of the ffb to your liking.
I'd recommend to reduce all in-game sliders to 75% of defaults (use a calculator if default is 80% or so (80*0,75=60%).
Then also reduce the overall strength in the thrustmaster software to 50%. Not 50% of the default 75% though. Put it to 50% absolute value.

Ah okay, yeah maybe it's just too strong then! The TS-PC is more than 2x stronger than the G27.

If you want to lower the strength you can do it in 2 ways:

1. Lower the in-game strength
In dirt rally you sadly have no overall slider so try to put every ffb setting to 50% of what it currently is.
This however will not reduce the maximum peak strength. It will only reduce the average ffb strength.

Most people do it this way to get a very lively and dynamic ffb. But maybe the peak forces are too strong, then do the second way:

2. Leave in-game at default and reduce the overall ffb strength in the wheel software (thrustmaster control panel):
This will reduce all ffb, average and peak ffb.
You won't get the lively and dynamic ffb a lot of people prefer, but your wrists will thank you for the less aggressive ffb.

So by mixing option 1 & 2, you can dial in the dynamic range of the ffb to your liking.
I'd recommend to reduce all in-game sliders to 75% of defaults (use a calculator if default is 80% or so (80*0,75=60%).
Then also reduce the overall strength in the thrustmaster software to 50%. Not 50% of the default 75% though. Put it to 50% absolute value.
Ah, understood. Thank you for the detailed explanation, I'll play around with the settings and let you know how it feels!

Ah, understood. Thank you for the detailed explanation, I'll play around with the settings and let you know how it feels!
These are my settings (firmware 8.00 / driver 2.10.84.0)

Windows settings:
- Angle 290°
- Force overall at 80%, rest at 100%
- Boost off
- self centering by game

In-game:
- calibrate!
- self aligning torque: 60
- wheel friction: 20
- tyre friction: 125
- suspension: 20
- collision: 10