Trying to renew on steam

I've been an iracing member since 2010 but let my subscription run out last yr as I just wasn't using it enough to justify the costs.
I convinced myself to give it another try today and hit the purchase button in steam just to get this........
In steam it gives me an option of 1 month @ $12.99 cdn, 6 months @$10.16/month cdn -22% or 12 months @ $9.15/month
so I selected the 1 month option and proceeded to check out and got this notice.

You already own this game
CDN$ 10.99 at checkout, auto-renewed every 1 month(s) at CDN$ 12.99.

CDN$ 10.99
Subtotal

Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue.

"iRacing - 1 Month Membership" can only be purchased for your own account at this time.

I am unable to select any option to continue the purchase for myself, can you not renew through steam?
The main decision for renewing through steam was due to the fact it was in canadian dollars and slightly cheaper.......if I'm forced to renew through iracing website the cost is $13 usd a month which equals $17.10 cdn a month

Cheers
David

Last edited:
Got my answer from iracing support this morning.
Note to any Canadians thinking of purchasing iracing....buy it on steam and NOT on the iracing site, steam is in cdn funds and $4 cheaper a month and offers upto -29% on renewals. The iracing website is in USD and with the old black friday deal of 50% being lowered to only 25% you will save enough money to put back into content :)

David
If you initially purchased iRacing through the iRacing website, all purchases, including renewals, must also be done through iRacing (and not through Steam).

We do have the ability to add your existing iRacing account with your Steam account but if you initially purchased iRacing directly through the iRacing website, all purchases must also be done this way. You can not purchase anything iRacing related via Steam. The only way this can be done is if you purchase a new iRacing account through Steam but you would lose any of the cars and tracks you've purchased on this iRacing account as well as all results.

Its a shame, i was ready to renew but ill pass as i am not gonna pay usd to rent content.

Steam 1yr subscription $82.99 cdn
Iracing.com 1 yr subscription $110.99 usd = $146.46 cdn
a difference of $63.47 cdn
Black friday sale 25% off =$83.25 usd = $109.86 cdn
a difference of $26.87 cdn
iracing.com has a 40% off yearly subscription promo for new members which is $66.60 usd =$87.75 cdn which is $4.75 more with conversion

Last edited:
Sorry for bringing this old thread up. I've been an iRacing member since 2008 but I found Steam subscription rates are considerably cheaper for me than the iRacing rates. So if simply use the code from iRacing membersite to enable the game in Steam, I'd still have to make all my purchases (including subscription fees) via the iRacing membersite only, and consequently, at the membersite prices? Or has that changed now?

Otherwise, I'll have to consider creating a whole new account through Steam. As the price difference is so much, even buying some of the new content would still be cheaper than paying just the subscription costs at the membersite rates!

Last edited:
From my understanding....
The only thing you can purchase off of steam is your subscription....which could be cheaper than the iracing store depending on your location and currency exchange.

All your content is still bought through the iracing site.

Claiming your steam code just allows you to link your account to steam which adds another login process to the launching of iRacing through steam....pretty pointless and hardly anyone use the steam version.....it also has zero effect of your current content nor does it allow you to start purchasing steam iracing subscription's.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing