Trying out a new wheel

A friend is giving up on sim racing and dropped off his wheel. Originally I had thought to give the wheel to a local kid that just got into racing but is using a joystick. That was before I opened the box and found a G25 in working order! [wheels turning] So in checking it out I find that the brake pedal has a much much better feel than my DFGT and [gears spinning] I think, "This might be nice for right foot braking", as the DFGT pedal has to move quite a bit to get modulation out of the pedal. I've been using a left foot brake since forever with sim's. This is going to be tough but I would like to think that once I get used to it, my driving might get better. It also looks like the larger paddles might make it easier on the arthritis I have in my left hand. which pains me at times but doesn't make me stop driving.

I expect to be a bit slower while I get into tweaking the system, a=getting used to the brake and shifter and what seems to be a new world of FFB. Jeez, I think it actually has more button functions than the DFGT if you use paddles, I'll have to be assigning those to pitstop functions, that's really going to tax my memory. Yeah, better expect to see me doing stupid things on track for a while.

You got it, if it works out, the kid gets the DFGT!

i've also just switched form a DFGT to a g27 and there is nothing similar between the two wheels, the g27 is much superior, i needed a while to get used to the harder brake pedal and i'm still getting used to use the clucth, especially on downshifting. I use the clucth only when i'm using the H-shifter, otherwise i just use the clucth to get out of the grid. The problem is that i still cannot do heel and toe, so i just brake, use the clucth and pray for the wheels don't lock up :roflmao:

After reading all post, i have decided to buy a new wheel- so now i got G27!
It's the best wheel which we can buy on our market, even G27 is hard to find. Nobody wants to keep expensive game device in their shop, because of small percentage of selling it fast. I just ordered (signed contract that i really want to buy it) and my wheel was delivered to my shop after several days. So this my story :)

:)Hi jim in race 07 you have to create a custom set up and save it as t500rs or what you want then you can customize your button features .Awesome wheel set got the shifter and f1 wheel looked at a fanatec set up but would have had to see a loan manager.
traded my g27 in on t500 really good value for money
Just awesome:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years