AC Try out vintage cars championship@Bremgarten, Tuesday 28th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes David, that was me. If you look at the video, you don't actually hit me. I was aware of the fact that you were definitely going to need more space and although i had a lot more pace at that moment i did not think i would clear you completely so i tried to move over just a little and unfortunately for me ran out of room. I think blame being equal for that one because we had been enjoying a fight for a number of laps and we both knew where our strengths were. I could not live with you on the straights but was much faster on that bend especially, i think i should of lifted off that lap rather than come through. My thought was if i braked i may not be able to stay with you again and it would of been nice to of passed you for a change :).
Personally, i blame the person who decided to stick a railing along that section of the track :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: . Anyway, no problem here just glad you took part and enjoyed it as did i. Hope you come back for more and am looking forward to your next track to add to my collection.

Is there a way to keep several cars from " leisurely cruising around"
Sometimes they do laps with 30 mph :confused:

AI strength 95-100%
agression 70-100%

MFG Carsten
Can you tell me which car that is? As I said, I can 'tune' the drivers' actions to a certain extent, but those actions are applied to all cars - so, if the Lotus 72 always goes wide at Quarry and I slow down the AI to stop that happening, the Mini would also take that corner slower. It's a real compromise :(

That's interesting to know. Perhaps some of our aliens could help tune the AI so they match the fasted time possible and make them a bit more predictable?
Good point. In fact, I think an 'alien' racing line would probably have a greater effect on the AI behaviour. Obviously, it would require an alien driver to spend a lot of time practicing the circuit pre-release, but it would certainly be an interesting experiment :coffee:

Was that you that I bumped into? :( :redface: Should I have stopped and waited for you? I have only ever done maybe 3 or 4 races online and really wasn't sure of the rules. I asked (over the voice chat) just after it happened but no one responded.

I'm really sorry if I ruined your race :( This is why I race off line against the AI, as it doesn't matter if I spoil their race :unsure:

EDIT - I just found that I had the entire replay saved. I think this is what happened...
For me this is a clear race incident. The Porsche was leading at the beginning of the turn and therefore had the right to stay on the raceline. But I should see the inboard of the other car to be sure.

Good point. In fact, I think an 'alien' racing line would probably have a greater effect on the AI behaviour. Obviously, it would require an alien driver to spend a lot of time practicing the circuit pre-release, but it would certainly be an interesting experiment :coffee:
You could watch the aliens in this race and switch on the racing line to see if they deviate in a significant way.

You must be aware if you run too close to a fence or other car, “your Ping”, if one drivers Ping goes high an impact can occur even if from their respective driving seats all was okay.
It ends up with two innocent drivers blaming each other.
I try, not always successfully, to keep a safety margin when driving closely.

130AC893-E881-40D0-A90B-D8757A154E53.png
The irony of it is that I think this corner I need to take flat in the mini for my lap times, you would have been awarded a illegal lap time there for two wheels out. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'd be more than happy to help any time mate, your tracks have given me many days of joy and helping contribute an AI line would be my pleasure. :thumbsup: Sure the same goes for others, too.

It was flat out in the Skoda as well Ernie.
Probably the fastest point on the circuit for the car. I was probably reluctant to waste my only advantage in the lap. As David would be a witness to, the progress against the Porsche was huge and would allow the Skoda to stay with the Porsche along most of the run up to the hairpin.

Was that you that I bumped into? :( :redface: Should I have stopped and waited for you? I have only ever done maybe 3 or 4 races online and really wasn't sure of the rules. I asked (over the voice chat) just after it happened but no one responded.

I'm really sorry if I ruined your race :( This is why I race off line against the AI, as it doesn't matter if I spoil their race :unsure:

EDIT - I just found that I had the entire replay saved. I think this is what happened...
If I may add something for you, David.

These guys who race in these events are just great for each other. Very tolerant and respectful. And we all caused an incident where the other driver went off the track or was hindered in some way. We know it's not on purpose and we trust each other to try to avoid these things. But it's hardly the case that it ruins the race, yes maybe for the win, but not for the fun. As a midfielder I've often been the victim of an incident that took me to the back of the field and often it turned out to be one of my most rewarding events with catching up and overtaking. Like this race. Qualified 10th but 22nd after the rampage due to the server crash. Finished 13th with great pleasure and some very nice battles.

What I'm trying to tell you with this waffle: don't be afraid to ruin other people's race. That will be rarely the case. I know that you are a competent and respectful driver and that is why you are a perfect fit for us. If you had fun in this race, join more often.

I think I can speak on behalf of everyone that we would really like that.

BTW: I know that you prefer vintage cars but there's now a spot free in the FAT-ALFIE's championship with Audi TT/MAZDA MX5 for the last three events.

Last edited:
It was flat out in the Skoda as well Ernie.
Probably the fastest point on the circuit for the car. I was probably reluctant to waste my only advantage in the lap. As David would be a witness to, the progress against the Porsche was huge and would allow the Skoda to stay with the Porsche along most of the run up to the hairpin.
must have got the corner wrong, nothing unusual about that. :confused:

I have become an expert of late on who's fault it is or is not, as the racing has undoubtedly got more intense of late.
Also as of late mainly due to the intense competition I myself have got myself into a lot of accidents, once when I had far less competition I rarely ever hit anyone, we are talking hundreds of races.
I can say looking at my replay, our great track designer was completely innocent on this occasion, in fact, sat in his car for most of the race, an impeccable driver he is too.
probably little doubt over that, but does not hurt to reiterate it from my point of view.
After many a session of talking to a lot of people and of course being an observer, a victim and a perpetrator.
We in the race department have little cause to complain about, I was hit 5 times in this race, none were actually my fault, you just have to give it a few swear words, gather yourself up and get on with it, rarely have I ever witnessed a purposeful hit.
Even with 5 off's and seeing Denis and Han coming off too, we all still spent most of the race, racing each other.
And as Han said we all have a great bunch of blokes that we race against.
Often I have disappeared down the middle of four cars spinning in all directions, only to sail through the middle and not be touched at all, gaining 4 places in a hundred yards into the bargain.
"I bet you never heard me moaning about that":D

Last edited:
Can you tell me which car that is? As I said, I can 'tune' the drivers' actions to a certain extent, but those actions are applied to all cars - so, if the Lotus 72 always goes wide at Quarry and I slow down the AI to stop that happening, the Mini would also take that corner slower. It's a real compromise :(
It was the Skoda, the wee bugger ;).

MFG Carsten

Edith:

never mind, Robert, I just had exactly the same problem on NOS with all Kunos content.
So it seems to be me :(

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%