AC Try out vintage cars championship@Bremgarten, Tuesday 28th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg
1045961.jpg

71e22bc0fc8c2f6131cbeb3295f085f4.jpg
378204.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Tonight I'm asking for your help in this try out event for a new Vintage Car championship.
To see if the 4 cars involved are a good match for each other in a single class or a multiclass championship, we are going to race them on Bremgarten.

It would be great to have a full grid tonight with for every type at least 4 drivers. But the more the better. 9 Cars of every type would be fantastic! And I'm sure it also will be fun!

So sign up here: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/nUuhFf3shazX24qGhdBei#cars

WARNING: Your pitbox (the red lines) will not be visible until close to the pit buildings! Make sure you practice a pitstop in practice or qualify on the s.gp server to know where your pitbox will be in the race.

TIP: With my limited driving skills I couldn't handle the Mini. Changing the Dif Power to 20, Dif coast to 45 and dif preload to 35 helped a lot.

1024px-Circuit_Bremgarten.svg.png

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, search for 'racedepart' to find it)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA/Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder/MiniCooper S Historic Racing/Skoda 130RS
  • Track: Bremgarten, Switzerland
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

The Skoda at Bikernieki was probably the stand out tin top race for me this year. They are great fun to drive and battle in. Just the right amount of sideways :)

All great cars though, not much between them!

@HF2000 Wish I could take part in this race but I'm off to ride my bike in Italy for a week :D

Have you thought about using the Touring Car Legends or AC GT Legends by Bazza? Good mix of cars, which all have strengths and weaknesses which suit different types of tracks. Are they available on SGP? Would we need permission from Bazza to use them?

@HF2000 Wish I could take part in this race but I'm off to ride my bike in Italy for a week :D

Have you thought about using the Touring Car Legends or AC GT Legends by Bazza? Good mix of cars, which all have strengths and weaknesses which suit different types of tracks. Are they available on SGP? Would we need permission from Bazza to use them?
Hi Taj,

I don't know these cars. Do you have a link for me?

not sure about the rules on posting links here, but if you google THRacing and then go to the links page, you'll find the mods (and lots of others).
I've checked: they are not available on s.gp at the moment. But the mod looks very interesting. I think I will download the 60's mod and try the cars myself.

Nice Idea Han ( once again ;))

I´m in with the Skoda, though it will be quite a task to keep it from spinning for an hour.:geek:
To mitigate the "rotatory freedom" a little I reduced rear roll stiffness, aka used slightly softer springs.
Still working on the dampers though.

MFG Carsten

Nice Idea Han ( once again ;))

I´m in with the Skoda, though it will be quite a task to keep it from spinning for an hour.:geek:
To mitigate the "rotatory freedom" a little I reduced rear roll stiffness, aka used slightly softer springs.
Still working on the dampers though.

MFG Carsten
Well it has a reason that this car is called the 'poor man Porsche' :D .

I've checked: they are not available on s.gp at the moment. But the mod looks very interesting. I think I will download the 60's mod and try the cars myself.
I have used these mods in the past, all off line but great fun, recreating some classic races. The AI could be a bit hit or miss but generally all worked well. If you need any help testing Han just let me know.

Screenshot_austin_mini_cooper_s_1000_goodwood_circuit_7-1-121-20-23-50[1809].jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.3%