AC Try out #2 Vintage cars@Deutschlandring, Tuesday 12th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Alfa_Romeo_GTA_Junior_Autodelta_Corsa_%281968%29_Solitude_Revival_2019_IMG_1751.jpg
Porsche-718-RS-60-Spyder-26886.jpg

71e22bc0fc8c2f6131cbeb3295f085f4.jpg
378204.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Once again I'm asking for your help in this try out event for a new Vintage Car championship.
To see if the 4 cars involved are a good match for each other in a single class or a multiclass championship, we are going to race them on the Deutschlandring. This track has more corners (even a hairpin section) than Bremgarten so we can see if the Mini is a better match here where top speed is less important.

It would be great to have a full grid tonight with for every type at least 4 drivers. But the more the better. 7 Cars of every type would be fantastic! And I'm sure it also will be fun! And it's a good opportunity to learn the track for the multiclass on Wednesday.

So sign up here: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/F6f-MJwE_OiKBydK1hPxH

TIP: With my limited driving skills I couldn't handle the Mini. Changing the Dif Power to 20, Dif coast to 45 and dif preload to 35 helped a lot.

Remark: The Skoda version on the practice server is now the same as on S.GP.

_C-zYHUviQ9LtYUHjBW85OsQgDfnY9ZmkBWZchSY-7HE2teMzTMRgr4iUyfNFTwlYnA9OJIyFD562gxXW-C6cZpKaJnDobKejLwSrcXbQURcmXg

Server information:
  • Practice Server: #02 (Available throughout the race week, search for 'racedepart' to find it)
  • Race server: S.GP
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 1 hour 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 BST (19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 BST (19:40 UTC) | 40 minutes - Race

Event details:
  • Cars: Alfa Romeo GTA/Porsche 718 RS60 Spyder/MiniCooper S Historic Racing/Skoda 130RS
  • Track: Deutschlandring, Germany
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Race condition: see Event Configuration on S.GP
  • Damage: 10%
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

I have gone for the mini, no guess work needed for that.
I will be interested in the times for the Skoda, Porsche and Alfa
At the moment I have no idea as to the mini vs the rest compatibility.
I could guess as we are using a different
Skoda that it will dominate here.
:)

I have gone for the mini, no guess work needed for that.
I will be interested in the times for the Skoda, Porsche and Alfa
At the moment I have no idea as to the mini vs the rest compatibility.
I could guess as we are using a different
Skoda that it will dominate here.
I was half a second faster with the Mini here as with the Skoda and 2 second faster than with the GTA. 3 laps each.

On a good day we are both of similar pace Han, so I am shocked at that, I would have put the mini last .
But I have only driven the mini.:)

A198FD48-6C15-46FD-B635-499D14E0D81F.jpeg

After biting down (hard) on piece of wood and upping the corner entry speed in the "woody bits" I can now say that I can catch the Mini, though it´s still difficult to "kep it caught" on the long acceleration bits around the pit.
As the other cars cars (AI !!!) are nowhere to be seen I think the thought the Mini is fastest still stands.

MFG Carsten

If it is of any use, am doing 4.10s using the Skoda. I personally do not think i will get much better than that but it is now set up reasonably stable for me. I have not tried anything else but it is short of puff going up the pit straight. I was looking at a 4.02 from an Alfa on the practice server yesterday so my little Skoda probably gonna get hammered with me driving it. Amazed at what you guys are getting out of the Mini though

If it is of any use, am doing 4.10s using the Skoda. I personally do not think i will get much better than that but it is now set up reasonably stable for me. I have not tried anything else but it is short of puff going up the pit straight. I was looking at a 4.02 from an Alfa on the practice server yesterday so my little Skoda probably gonna get hammered with me driving it. Amazed at what you guys are getting out of the Mini though
OMG I'm so off the pace with the Alfa then :confused: :confused: :(

Well this is exactly why I need these try out sessions before I organize a championship :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Don't even go there with the Alfa. Am really struggling to get a decent crisis free lap together with that one. Not looking good for me in the next 60,s round

Tried the Skoda after my shock, the Skoda is so easy to drive flat chat, I think after the last race; staying on the track is going to be a winner.
The mini, Alfa and Porsche are going to take some skill to keep them on the tarmac for 40 minutes.
And as for the Aliens, unless you come from a galaxy far far away you can discount them. Assuming they don’t turn up in number’s, a podium or high place is up for grabs.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%