AC Try out #2 Vintage cars@Deutschlandring, Tuesday 12th October 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was fun. The mix of cars work well with plus and minus for all of them. Although i lacked the pace needed to be up front i was able to keep Han and the group close for most of the race and as such totally enjoyed the fights i had.
Han, you had an amazing pace out of your Skoda and i had no chance of lapping at your speed when you finally had some air around you. I pumped the tyres up like a racing bicycle to get some extra speed and it even sharpened up the steering a bit so i gave it my best shot. A lot of fun and thanks for everyone who made it happen

@HF2000,
Sorry for the no show,getting to grips with the new comp and monitors,big jump from 24in to 32,in lol.I keep getting
ACS.EXE stopped working so if any 1 has any ideas,im all ears and thumbs,congrats to podium,hopefully be at Bathurst..:);):thumbsup:

I agree with Brian, AC uses your documents/ Assetto corsa for all of it’s storage, replays etc etc.
I just save that to a hard drive and do a total instal of windows 10.
It is easy for me as I do not use the computer for anything other than simracing. And what extra I have, if I need them I will download from scratch anyway.
I just load AC, then I can test it on a completely fresh computer with no baggage, that make checking to see if AC runs okay easy.
Then everything I add, like all your old AC data from documents folder, and check if it still runs AC correctly.
Yes I know it is all obvious, but I thought I would waffle on, may be of some use.:unsure:
I also on the YouTube look for a paired down install of windows 10 without all the rubbish that I do not want when I reload win 10 and follow that.

I made a change to my setup after quali (DUH!) so it took me a while to settle into my pace. The Skodas were all over me through the wooded section and I turned in on Han whilst wrestling with the Alfa. Sorry Han I should have left more room. I pulled over to let you through but it was Guido behind me, so although I took a small penalty that didn't help you Han. I didn't put up a big fight when you caught back up (as discussed on voice chat) but I fear that I probably cost you a shot at passing Chris towards the end of the race mate. Sorry once again. :(
Hi Denis,

No worries. I know you're a respectful driver and these things can happen, especially in these cars where you sometimes struggle with understeer and oversteer. I don't know if I could have passed Chris if I had caught him earlier. On the other hand, he is not used to defending so who knows. But I've now enjoyed the thought of him sweating when he saw me in his mirror :D.

Han, you had an amazing pace out of your Skoda and i had no chance of lapping at your speed when you finally had some air around you.
Yes I was surprised too about my pace although none of the aliens drove it here so I don't know how fast I really was.
But I like driving the Skoda very much and the love seems to be mutual.
Maybe it's because the first car I ever sat in, was the Skoda 1200 from my father, back in the sixties when I was about 3 years old:p.
1634124193029.png

Last edited:
:roflmao:I owe an apology to Bart for the incident in quali. I had done my practice alone so it hadn't dawned on me just how big the speed differences were. I was several seconds behind on the start/finish straight, but had made all that up by the end of the long banked right hander. Thought I had enough pace to go past and into the twisty section, but with the longer braking zones and lower cornering speed of the Porsche compared to the Mini I ended up being a roadblock on the apex and we came together.

In the race the Porsche was really quick off the line so I made up some places there, but again got outpaced by the minis and skodas in the downhill twisty section. The last five or six laps were a constant battle with Paul in the Skoda, he got right on my bumper by the end of the hairpins, I would pull a gap uphill past the finish line, then he was there again by the hairpins next lap. Fun challenge for me to keep him behind, must have been frustrating for Paul :)

Really enjoyed the Porsche here (feels so good when you get the slip angle just right), but the way it made it's laptime made it kinda off sync with the rest of the cars. Curious to see how it pans out on shorter tracks.

Thanks for organizing Han!
It was fun Lars, just a pity the finish line wasn’t at the bottom of the mountain,I might have had a chance of getting you!:D:D I have heard of “ making your car as wide as possible” to defend but Lars used the length of the Porsche by putting it sideways in the downhill and hairpin sections to defend!!!!

Before the battle with Lars, I had what I thought was a good start, only to be passed by all sorts of Alfa and Porsche’s going in every direction as we sped towards the downhill section. I went door to door with Carsten on the run down to the twisty bits but there was room to manoeuvre. With an incoming Mini in the hands of Ernie in my mirrors, I caught Lars at the bottom of the hill but one of his sideways moments caught me off balance and I went off-road with Ernie going past.

And so the chase of Lars began, but while I could catch him and even put a nose ahead on the last uphill hairpin, he was making five seconds a lap on me on the finish straight.:(

I think this combination of cars makes for interesting and entertaining racing, it would be nice to possibly add some new cars in the future if they become available/compatible but more importantly I think there needs to be some tracks with shorts straights that suit he Mini and Skoda more. It was frustrating to sit there on the straight knowing that you were easy prey for the Alfa and Porsche.

But well done to the podium especially Han with some stunning lap times in the Skoda and as always thanks for organising Han. Great fun:thumbsup:.

@Yannic
@Interslice @Kek700
Cheers,AC is on a seperate SSD Drive and a fresh install of windows,now im getting the same but now at the end when i close AC down,least i can now race,soooooo watch out boys, this Big lump is coming for use'all,in his slidy Porsche amd his cute,sexy MX-5,bit like me really..:cautious::cautious::roflmao::laugh::p:D..Stay safe an see you all on track..
So you're joining tonight? Damn, then I can forget the podium:mad:.

But seriously, glad you're back, Allan!

@Interslice @Kek700
Cheers,AC is on a seperate SSD Drive and a fresh install of windows,now im getting the same but now at the end when i close AC down,least i can now race,soooooo watch out boys, this Big lump is coming for use'all,in his slidy Porsche amd his cute,sexy MX-5,bit like me really..:cautious::cautious::roflmao::laugh::p:D..Stay safe an see you all on track..
Glad you got it sorted Al, we have missed you.

I missed last Sunday’s GT3 race due to having to strip my rig down during a major room move. It was mounted over a bed in a spare bedroom but the bed has gone and now I have my rig installed in a corner which means I have added triple 27” screens:confused:. So last night’s race was my first with ‘ side windows’ and it was a bit weird at first, seeing cars on either sides ( I could even wave at Lars when he went by:D.) but hopefully I will get used to the new vision and be more aware of cars around me, ( or the walls at Bathurst).
As Ernie has said before in a different thread, this hobby can become all consuming and there is no end to what you can add, but it ain’t going to necessarily make me any faster, just more consistent hopefully.:)

I do realise that this is almost certainly not the problem but will give it a go anyway, I just cannot give up an opportunity for a waffle.
I had something very similar with an AC problem, it was so random, finding the cause was a headache.
Eventually found my USB outputs were turning off causing AC to fail, USB root hub, in Device Manager, the computer was thinking it was a laptop and shut down the USB when they were idle. Look under power management.
Found it by accident, especially as you have just put a new win 10 on your machine.

Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. :)

I do realise that this is almost certainly not the problem but will give it a go anyway, I just cannot give up an opportunity for a waffle.
I had something very similar with an AC problem, it was so random, finding the cause was a headache.
Eventually found my USB outputs were turning off causing AC to fail, USB root hub, in Device Manager, the computer was thinking it was a laptop and shut down the USB when they were idle. Look under power management.
Found it by accident, especially as you have just put a new win 10 on your machine.

Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. :)
@Allan Ramsbottom you don't need to go into the device manager and set all USB devices to "not allow to turn off".
At least as far as my knowledge goes:

Just go into the power plan settings, go through all settings there (probably "advanced" section) and set all USB/periphery/whatever to NOT be shut down.
If there's a time setting, set it to 0 to never make it shut off.

For hard drives: if you can live with a spinning hdd and the few watts they take (basically nothing in comparison to playing AC for 10 minutes), then put these to 0 too... HDD's like to stay spinning. Getting them started is what causes most wear on them.

Or you make a new power plan or simply use the high performance plan. It should put everything to stay on etc.

One thing about the power plan:
High performance disables downclocking of most CPUs, which makes the frame times a lot more evenly, since windows throws AC around across all cpu cores and every time the core changes, it needs to boost up.

For what it's worth:
I read out the power plan IDs in the registry editor with a guide and created a batch file that changes the power plan to high performance when you run the batch file, then keeps the little black cmd window open and when you press any key while the cmd window, it will put the power plan back to balanced and close.

I replaced all simracing shortcuts with new shortcuts than run the game and that batch file.
Together with crew chief, telemetry, discord.

Took me a good hour to set it all up but now I just need to click on a shortcut and I'm ready to race with steady fps :D

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years