Try Before Buy

Something that I have never understood is why iRacing long time ago has not copied Racerooms brave "Try a car before Buy".
Most of my Raceroom cars is bought after trying a new car out - and found that its behaviour was so awesome that it was a must have for me.;)
Seen in the context that iRacing normally is the best racing game producer to milk the members wallet its difficult to find an argument for this lack of reading a possible revenue source.
The only "argument" I can find is that where Raceroom proudly let each of their car(s behaviour) speak for itself then iRacing for some reason use the opposite strategy to only let the members buy a new car "in blind" - and then afterwards if the member conclude that the car behaviour is complete BS and/or complete unrealistic - then its just a shame dear member.:sneaky:
Hehe but just buy another one.:roflmao::roflmao:

Ofcourse no money back inside this milking machine.

Where Racerooms consept depend on the users conclusion based on their own experience of the car - then iRacings consept is purely based on feeding the users with claims and hype of a new car.
Members are only allowed to conclude a possible buy based on the mentioned hype and/or what other members are telling.
Hehe few members are telling exactly the objective truth about a car AFTER they have used their own money on it.:whistling:

I believe you can demo stuff on the test server as long as you've downloaded the content beforehand when iracing is offline. Usually in week thirteen. i don't know if they've changed it though.

But yeah, I agree that you should be allowed to try cars beforehand, maybe an hour or maybe no setups, paint and 1 practice circuit. The handling of all the gt3 cars differs enough to make this viable.

Well yes, you can try all the cars on week 13. So much for your brilliant theory! :roflmao:
Why this isolated fuss about a week 13 possibility?
Im talking about a standard possibility to test any car out ANYTIME you wonder if you maybe should buy it.
And you dont have to patronize me with "So much for your brilliant theory! :roflmao:"!
Because my post is launched because I genuinely dont understand why iRacing hasnt copied this great feature.

And just because iRacing until now hasnt seen the light doesnt mean they couldnt earn more money if they did.
And service their members better at the same time.:thumbsup:

NOTE: One year ago I stopped my 5+ years membership and can garantee that I have seen a lot of members asking for such a possibility.
Again and again.
So no reason for this misplaced patronizing.

have you raised the topic with the people responsible? such as: dropped them a line via e-mail or maybe given them a call? just curious, it seems to really bother you and they must have some sort of customer complaint department? dunno, personally never felt the urge, but I bet it exists. would be interesting to get the official line on this.

Something that I have never understood is why iRacing long time ago has not copied Racerooms brave "Try a car before Buy".
Most of my Raceroom cars is bought after trying a new car out - and found that its behaviour was so awesome that it was a must have for me.;)
Seen in the context that iRacing normally is the best racing game producer to milk the members wallet its difficult to find an argument for this lack of reading a possible revenue source.
I guess its fully legit to express that "I have never understood.." without having to try to personally mail someone who obviously dont care.
1. Because Im not a member anymore
2. Because as mentioned lots of active members have allready asked for this in years - without response.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%