Trump Trump Trump....here comes the revolution!!

You have to remember that ALL candidates for political office lie. It doesn't matter what their political philosophy is, they are all a bunch of pandering whores when it comes to getting elected. They will say anything to get votes.
I prefer to take a "wait and see" attitude when it comes to Donald Trump.

You have to remember that ALL candidates for political office lie. It doesn't matter what their political philosophy is, they are all a bunch of pandering whores when it comes to getting elected. They will say anything to get votes.
I prefer to take a "wait and see" attitude when it comes to Donald Trump.
I believe congres and senate will temper Donald down a bit, I think it's hard for the American minorities though, who with reason will be scared for what Trump will bring into their future. Black communities, gay communities etc won't have it easy the next four years....but if one looks at the history of America, did they ever have it easy? I can not imagine I had to vote for 1 person as leader of Europe, and USA is a few times bigger than Europe.
Clinton, as a minister of foreign affairs, has not made ANY important decision in American history (words of Bernstein) and therefore neither is she actually qualified for being president of the USA. And the whole corruptness atmosphere around Hilary, people are so fed up with it. I think a lot of people voted for Trump as a protest against "passive" politics, people want radical change, have been feed through media and social media with hate and revolutional ideas and are willing to pay a BIG prize for it....even if it means to give up on whole communities' rights.
Scary times indeed, bit what Trump says in your face, Hillary just does in a sneaky way? When I look at history, Kennedy was the best thing that could have happened to America, but they just had to kill him didn't they? They couldn't bare with the thought of a president so positive so full of good ideas....so eventually we got to this. And for the media, a little lesson in child psychology....if one gives enough attention to annoying ranting misbehaving kids, they will own your ass!!

This is what I posted on Facebook (add me my friends!)

The sun has still risen. No matter whom you believe would have been the best candidate, no matter if you are happy or not with Trump being President, we all must remember this:
Do not hate other because of their political beliefs. When we do that, we lose eachother.
Like it or not, Donald Trump will be the President. The entire government is under Republican majority. He won fairly in the polls.

Everyone, if there is anything that we as Americans need to do, it is to worktogether to achieve common goals, find common beliefs with people on the other side, to compromise. We need to understand perspectives of other people.

Do that, and we will all be good in the end.

The sun will rise tomorrow.

In reality, they both are terrible candidates. I may not have agreed with everything he said, but Bernie Sanders was my main choice, and the Democratic Party screwed him over. For that, they lost. Trump won, and this is an example of democracy, just like when Brexit happened. Am I scared? Yes, I'd be lying to say I wasn't. But I believe that we will get through this.

In reality, they both are terrible candidates. I may not have agreed with everything he said, but Bernie Sanders was my main choice, and the Democratic Party screwed him over. For that, they lost. Trump won, and this is an example of democracy, just like when Brexit happened. Am I scared? Yes, I'd be lying to say I wasn't. But I believe that we will get through this.

I didn't like any of the three major candidates. Normally I would have abstained from voting, but I dislike Trump so much that I plugged my nose and voted for Hillary.

Watching the results come in last night, I was shocked by what I saw. I suppose the neighbors I thought I knew turned out to be something different. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's a just a little jarring from my perspective. Americans wanted a change from the usual "Establishment", that much is clear.

We're all aware of the mud that was thrown over the past year and a half, so I won't repeat any of it. America you have spoken, and this is your choice. If this man does not bring to you all that he has promised in 4 years, with a Republican House AND Senate, you will not only blame the man in the White House but yourselves as well for having given him and the GOP free reign.

Hillary was no Angel, but I felt she could have continued some of Barrack's legacy and perhaps brought further equality for citizens of all financial and social situations.

Well then, the next 4 years will be interesting!

Don't blame me. I voted for Bernie.

It's gonna suck being a brown person four the next four years.

I am an atheist, but, having a Muslim name means the Orange Rump is gonna put me in an intermittent camp, just like Japanese people in World War II.

Apocalypse is nearing. Brace yourselves!

Trump is a faux populist that is filling his cabinet with Wall street and military lobbyists. He saw a suffering underclass that he could exploit like all, fascists do. Hillary was just a neoliberal that wouldn't address an underclass that had been abandoned by the Democratic party many decades ago. The New Deal will be abolished and it only took them 85 years. Now we have to start all over again, if Mother Earth will give us the time.

12795558_1119242178116074_4722666017336830573_n.jpg
:cool::cool:

The difference is that with Brexit the majority won, in the US, for the second(?) time since the new millennia it's the person with the "right" votes, not the most that wins. That's weird for me. I thought the idea was to have most votes.

And yes, with Brexit and Trump, I am afraid for my own future.

The difference is that with Brexit the majority won, in the US, for the second(?) time since the new millennia it's the person with the "right" votes, not the most that wins. That's weird for me. I thought the idea was to have most votes.

And yes, with Brexit and Trump, I am afraid for my own future.

Here is a good link that explains the thoughts behind the electoral college. Note that only two states don't have a "Winner Take All" rule in place.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the-reason-for-the-electoral-college/

To be fair, it has helped the G.O.P. twice in this century. I'm sure the Democrats would like to get rid of it, but if they had won two elections with it, they would say it's the greatest invention since the wheel.

Hillary was no Angel, but I felt she could have continued some of Barrack's legacy

Kinda like how Obama continued GW Bush's legacy of destabilizing middle eastern nations, massive expansion of the police and welfare state, and spying on their own citizens? Yeah, no thanks glad Trump won. He is a successful businessman and true patriot, wish I could say the same of the clowns occupying the oval office the past 50+ years, perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation.

The liberal tears taste so amazing! Bwahahahahah!

Last edited:
Kinda like how Obama continued GW Bush's legacy of destabilizing middle eastern nations, massive expansion of the police and welfare state, and spying on their own citizens? Yeah, no thanks glad Trump won. He is a successful businessman and true patriot, wish I could say the same of the clowns occupying the oval office the past 50+ years, perhaps we wouldn't be in this situation.

I would like to be as demeaning as you but if this bears out as I think it will, we will all get to suffer together. True Patriots pay taxes. Did you know the Boston tea Party was about the cutting of corporate tax's of the East India tea compay. The colonists were aware that if East India Tea Co. payed a lower tax than locals they couldn't compete with the monopoly. Trump will do the same only it won't be the EITC it will be Wall street. He is just telling you what you want to hear

• Deleted member 130869

I just hope that Congress and the Senate prevent him from doing some of the more stupid/dangerous proposals he's put forward

Nope. Complete Republican control. Lobbying is already extremely efficient and powerful with them with so many seats, but with a president favoring poor policies it is a perfect storm.

Look up Oklahoma recorded quakes in a year and their magnitude. Then compare to the same numbers after fracking became a thing there. Or the people of North Dakota fighting against that ridiculous pipeline, defended by the Republicans. Ironically enough, North Dakota gave Trump its vote.

It's not an increase in the taxes of the lower 80% of the population that bothers the most. it's the environment, healthcare, and prevention of big corporation ruling, all areas that are under scary danger in the coming years.

So much fear mongering, turn off your TV folks...

Alternatively, we could have elected someone that would have been under indictment of multiple crimes and embroiled in scandals and lawsuits from day one in office, would not be hesitant to start armed conflict with Russia, would open the borders up so our poor can get poorer, is in extremely poor health and most likely physically unfit to lead, would have the media completely behind any and everything she did, has spent decades enriching herself and family at the expense of others, is a known liar, and leaves her crowd high and dry after her defeat. Yep, much better choice. :thumbsup:

They don't have 60 vote majority so it is not filibuster proof, unless the Repubs decide to go for the nuclear option and change the senate rules, a 51 vote majority, which could completely upend our nation. The Republicans haven't had control of all 3 branches since 1928 and Herbert Hoover, which is the end of the last guilded age and their policies led to the Great Depression. The simililarities between the last 30-40 years and the early 20th century are quite remarkable. Hold on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back