Trulli out, Petrov in

The difference here is one holds the record for most wins in GP2, and he's a GP2 world champion.

And no, i never said Petrov had no talent, i said he has yet to impress me and that the reason he's in F1 is not because of his talents, it's because of his sponsors.
If you want to make things up or put words in my mouth then i'll rather not reply again.
You wrote:
The only reason Petrov is in the Caterham is because of money.
Not talent, not great personality etc, 100% cash.
I thought that by "100% cash" you meant that this is all he brings to the table. Hence, it stands to reason that he has no talent. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted you :confused:

This makes me relize that I would probably have all the Greek sponsors if I made it far into racing. :eek: :p
Plus with the ekonomic crises I would be the perfect advertising tool. (A Greek hero :p :p :p :p )
(Just joking :D )

Not sure how that conclusion was taken but the fact is he got the seat because of sponsor money, not his talent.
No money and Trulli would still be in Caterham.

_52092029_petrov_flying.jpg

Petrov can Fly ,so i dont understand what you mean no talent

Look Petrov got the chans to prove to everyone what he really got as his opponent with be Kovalainen and qualify, Kova have done a few miracles in qualify so he will deffinatly be a worthy opponent to see what Petrov really got.
Sure Kubica was too but at that time Petrov was a complite rookie while now he is more experienced and mature.

This is forming to become a spectacular championship even with pay drivers. :)

Not sure how that conclusion was taken but the fact is he got the seat because of sponsor money, not his talent.
No money and Trulli would still be in Caterham.

Trulli was awful all of last year, Petrov improved a lot in only his second season in Formula One, getting a podium don't forget. Trulli's F1 days are over and Petrov has settled in well in Formula One, so to say he is in just for the money is a ridiculous statement.

I'm not so happy with Trulli getting replaced. I'm from the Netherlands so I'd love to see a Dutch driver in the races again. Van der Garde has become 3rd driver/testdriver, a few days before this was announced. At first I thought great, because Trulli will get sacked sooner or later during the season and then van der Garde can take over that seat. Didn't expect Trulli to be sacked this quickly :(
Trulli has done a few good races, but last few years, I haven't really been impressed by him anymore.

Trulli was awful all of last year, Petrov improved a lot in only his second season in Formula One, getting a podium don't forget. Trulli's F1 days are over and Petrov has settled in well in Formula One, so to say he is in just for the money is a ridiculous statement.
Yes everyone knows Trulli had power steering problems... And still he managed to get one more 13th place then Kovalainen so "awful" wasn´t he.

Of course his days are over, Caterham pulled the plug because they needed money and Petrov had lots of it.
Yes he sits in the Caterham because he has money. That was the deal breaker of the whole thing in order for him to get a drive this year in F1.

No money in Petrov´s pocket - NO F1.

so to say he is in just for the money is a ridiculous statement.
I think Petrov is the perfect example of a "pay driver". He wouldn't have been in the Lotus GP team the last few years if he didn't have a load of russian currency to bring.

Now that all the teams know that he will be able to pay large sums of money he will have to pay more each year. Going to end in the exact same way as Cristijan Albers a few years ago I think.

I think Petrov is the perfect example of a "pay driver". He wouldn't have been in the Lotus GP team the last few years if he didn't have a load of russian currency to bring.

Now that all the teams know that he will be able to pay large sums of money he will have to pay more each year. Going to end in the exact same way as Cristijan Albers a few years ago I think.
Think Petrov is a better driver than Albers was. Any driver that can get a podium in Formula One in a mid-table car in a full-grid race is a good driver. I wasn't impressed by Petrov in his first season, but he improved massively this year. Trulli has had his time, and Hampus your argument saying he performed better than Kovalainen was weak, look at the qualification times throughout the year and that will spell it out very clear to you.

But we could just use one of the league point systems we have here in RD and see the gap between Kova and Trulli when it comes to finishes. ;)
We can also find what avrage finishing position both of them have and then see the point difference there too and then come to an concluesion. :)

I'm just glad that Trulli is out, he's departure was way overdue.

EDIT: After reading some of the posts here, i really wonder about conspiray theories that the team would deliberately make a driver perform worse or even dangering him on track. That stuff just doesn't happen, if there's a problem, they will try to fix it We have no clue why Jarno had troubles with power steering or even what kind of problems they were.. And blowing up your champions tire in the middle of record breaking season is just idiocy.

Think Petrov is a better driver than Albers was. Any driver that can get a podium in Formula One in a mid-table car in a full-grid race is a good driver.
You do know that the Renault at the very first races was actually a very good car. That´s why Heidfeld took third place in the race after.
But they stood still in development and did not gain anything with their exhaust which they realized was not a good way to go.

look at the qualification times throughout the year and that will spell it out very clear to you.
Maybe i should type it in bold, a few more languages and maybe in hieroglyphs so everyone understands..

He had power steering problems. If you can´t get the right feel from the steering it means you can´t get the most out of the car.
You can´t even set the car up properly because you can´t even tell your engineer where to improve the car in terms of setup because you are constantly fighting the initial problem.

The team has confirmed Trulli really did have a problem, it was visible in the telemetry and said they were commited to try and help him. He got a new one but it did not work as planned.
He gets into the new car and feels exstatic but money had to come inbetween Caterham and Trulli.

Just a funny fact to all non-believers for Trulli´s power-steering problems.

Who won the Qualifying battle in 2010?
No not the Fin, but the Italian who can´t drive apparently named Jarno Trulli by 11-8 and on average 0.08 seconds faster.

In some people´s mind Trulli lost half a second in a few months....

Is this spelled out clear enough for YOU?

EDIT: After reading some of the posts here, i really wonder about conspiray theories that the team would deliberately make a driver perform worse or even dangering him on track. That stuff just doesn't happen, if there's a problem, they will try to fix it We have no clue why Jarno had troubles with power steering or even what kind of problems they were..

Even though YOU might not have a clue as to why certain things happen in F1 ,doesn't mean all of us lack imagination. If you actually did read my comment you would've noticed that i stated at the end that it's: "just an opinion"..MY Opinion, and one you dont have to share...just make sure to reserve your "idiocy" statements to yourself next time

And blowing up your champions tire in the middle of record breaking season is just idiocy.

Get your dates straight before laying incorrect information.....Middle of Record Breaking Season?...u mean the race before the last race?..the one where they had already secured the Constructor's and were openly boasting how "getting one win for Mark" is their next goal???....RMC

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back