Authorised Vendor TrueBrake Brake Pedal Mod for Logitech G27/G29/G920

AXC SIM

Authorised Vendor
Premium
Buy TrueBrake Here - £44.99* (GBP) - Shipping worldwide.

What is TrueBrake?

TrueBrake is an upgrade for the for the Logitech G27/G29/G920 brake pedal which gives the pedal a positive and realistic feel.
TrueBrake-Brake-Pedal-Mod-For-Logitech-G29-G920.jpg

TrueBrake achieves this by:
  • Measuring the brake pedal load instead of the pedal position
  • Increasing the load required to reach full braking
  • Reducing the amount of brake pedal travel
TrueBrake-Brake-Pedal-Mod-For-Logitech-G29-G920-vs-Logitech-Load-Curves-1024x683.jpg

What’s inside TrueBrake?

• Cylinder and body: CNC machined aluminium
  • Piston: Has maximum of 4mm of travel inside the cylinder
  • Main Spring: Heavy duty spring resists the movement of the piston
  • Circlip: Retains the piston in the cylinder
  • Linear Motion Potentiometer: High quality component that detects movement of the piston
TrueBrake-Brake-Pedal-Mod-For-Logitech-G29-G920-cut-away-1-1024x683.jpg

3 Stage Load Curve:

1. When the brake pedal is pressed, the return spring compresses which in turn applies a small load on the TrueBrake piston.
  2. As the brake pedal is pressed harder it engages with the polyurethane transition buffer and the load on the piston quickly increases.
  3. The brake pedal is fully engaged with the TrueBrake piston and TrueBrake main spring.
The small movements of the TrueBrake piston are detected by the linear motion potentiometer which is connected in place of the stock Logitech potentiometer.
TrueBrake-Brake-Pedal-Mod-For-Logitech-G29-G920-3-stageLoad-Curve-1.jpg

Brake Pedal Freeplay
TrueBrake is supplied with two different polyurethane buffers to give a choice of either 3mm (1/8”) or 6mm (1/4”) of brake pedal freeplay.
TrueBrake-Brake-Pedal-Mod-For-Logitech-G29-G920-Buffer-Load-Curve-1024x683.jpg

Engineering Quality

This unique and quality engineered solution has been rigorously tested and perfected over the last year. All the components are housed in a very strong cylinder, CNC machined in house at AXC from aircraft grade aluminium and designed to fit perfectly inside the Logitech pedal assembly. The end result is a robust and reliable pedal where the braking control is about pedal load rather than pedal travel. Just like a brake pedal should be!
TrueBrake-CNC.jpg

Is TrueBrake a load cell?
We consider TrueBrake an "electro-mechanical load cell". It gives similar results to a strain gauge load cell at a more affordable price.

Easy Installation
No permanent modifications are necessary to your pedals. TrueBrake connects in place of the stock Logitech brake potentiometer. No drilling, cutting or soldering required. TrueBrake can be installed using simple tools. You can easily remove TrueBrake and return your Logitech pedals to how they came from the factory.

Support
TrueBrake comes with 12 Month Warranty from date of purchase. The TrueBrake unit must not be disassembled or modified by the customer otherwise warranty is void.
Spares, support and repairs available. Contact us for more information.

Download: Installation manual

Please contact us if you have any questions.

*Price is plus Shipping. EU Destinations are subject to 20% VAT.

TrueBrake is manufactured and distributed exclusively by AXC Sim. If you wish to become an AXC Sim reseller then please contact us.

AXC® Logo is registered trademark of Aeroxcraft Ltd. Logitech the Logitech logo and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered. PS, PlayStation, PS3 and PS4 are all registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
A review of the TrueBrake mod....

Note that I purchased this myself.

Installation
I received the component on 14/2/2020 and installed it into my G29 pedals.
Installation was fairly easy - there are a large number of screws to remove which takes time, then you have to remove the pedal assembly and detach the existing wires from the brake pedal. Once that's done you choose one of the two options for pedal travel before the brake engages and install the TrueBrake replacement into the pedal. The connecting wires can then be attached to the new component and then everything can be re-assembled.

The installation instructions downloaded from the website are clear and detailed.

One thing to note: I was surprised by the amount of force required to detach the three wires from the G29 assembly. It could be easy to damage the wires if you are not careful as you pull them away. The instructions do state this should be done with care.

In use
I only use Project Cars 2 currently. So I calibrated the pedals in game and tried the modified brake out.

The braking in game followed the pressure curve smoothly but the amount of force needed to reach 100% braking was greater than I was used to. Also, the amount of movement in the pedal was a lot less - as described on the AXC-SIM website it’s millimetres. I had to adjust to the pressure and travel required. This took a while as I overran many corners because I wasn’t pushing hard enough but then the new feel started to become ingrained.

After a while I wanted a bit more control over the braking especially of the light to medium braking so I adjusted the braking sensitivity in game to 100%. This seemed to do the trick for me as it gave me the control I was looking for and looking at the braking in game and using the brake pedal while stationary I could gauge how much pressure was required to achieve the braking I wanted (within my limited ability of course).

After a couple of weeks of using the mod I can say that I wouldn’t go back to the original spring and rubber bung system. The reason is that I have much more confidence that my input will result in the braking I need for any corner and controlling the trail braking is a lot easier. I can load / unload the front wheels and shift the weight of the car to the front or ease it off to control oversteer / understeer far better than before. It just seems to provide a better feel for what the car is doing at any time while braking which is amazing. The result is that I now feel I can carry a bit more speed through the corner and into the following straight.

I revisited some time trials I had posted that I felt were previously at my limit and found that I could achieve a 0.5 second average reduction in lap times but more importantly, the times were more consistent lap to lap which will really help in races.

I can’t compare this to a real load cell brake pedal as I’ve never used one but from what I’ve read and heard it does seem to provide a similar load related braking effect.

For the very reasonable price and the fairly easy installation (and removal if it doesn’t suit you) it is a worthwhile upgrade to the standard spring and rubber bung approach.

Last edited:
Hello, i'm still with my G29 pedals and I don't want to upgrade to Fanatec because I love this pedals. I've got them inverted, Leobodnar, Shake It mod on brake and throttle, and in a few days I will receive this mod too:

Even with all that, I'm still thinking on a Load Cell. I know this is exactly a load cell but it's very similar. I saw Ricmotech Load Cell but I think the price is very high. I think this is a good option but I'm not sure yet. Anybody who have this TrueBrake mod can tell me what's his opinion after a few months?

Also, I'm thinking on buy a hall sensors, is it compatible? Thanks.

Truebrake has its own sensor you cant change it.

I have been using it now for about a month, the feel is totally different to the standard G29 brake pedal and as far as I am concerned it is a HUGE improvement. It genuinely feels like a hydraulic setup with the hardness of pedal. Heel and toe is much easier because it is easier to keep a constant pressure on the pedal when its not all down to pedal travel. I cant see the point in going for a load cell over this as it seems to perfom in the real world in a VERY similar way to a load cell. It gets a 10/10 from me.

Truebrake has its own sensor you cant change it.

I have been using it now for about a month, the feel is totally different to the standard G29 brake pedal and as far as I am concerned it is a HUGE improvement. It genuinely feels like a hydraulic setup with the hardness of pedal. Heel and toe is much easier because it is easier to keep a constant pressure on the pedal when its not all down to pedal travel. I cant see the point in going for a load cell over this as it seems to perfom in the real world in a VERY similar way to a load cell. It gets a 10/10 from me.
Agreed - it’s a significant upgrade over the standard pedals and very cost effective.

FYI: We're working on some extra parts that will give more options for adjusting the free play in the pedal. They will be available in the next few days and will be free of charge for existing TrueBrake customers. If you're interested in them please contact us at drive@axc-sim.com

Cheers
Rob

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 383 28.2%