True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
So you want to make this...

20200512111950_1.jpg

Look so much more like this

side.jpg

Yeah..... me too!

So, let's get started, shall we?

1. Launch ACC > Single Player > 2019 > Team > Car Selection > ADD > Ferrari 488 GT3

20200512112929_1.jpg

2. Paint your car to be close to what you what the end product to look like, entre in Car Number, Team, Nationality, Cup too, as these will be retained.

20200512113247_1.jpg

3. Save when you are happy

4. Navigate to ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Cars and sort by date. Your new livery will be the newest .json. I always rename my livery .json's so I can find them easily at any time. the file name must be in lower case and no spaces. So I will call mine ferrari_488_gt3_monster_vr46_kessel.json

5. Open your new .json in Notepad and you will see this

6. Code:
    {
        "carGuid": 0,
        "teamGuid": 0,
        "raceNumber": 46,
        "raceNumberPadding": 0,
        "auxLightKey": 5,
        "auxLightColor": 341,
        "skinTemplateKey": 103,
        "skinColor1Id": 501,
        "skinColor2Id": 502,
        "skinColor3Id": 343,
        "sponsorId": 4,
        "skinMaterialType1": 3,
        "skinMaterialType2": 2,
        "skinMaterialType3": 1,
        "rimColor1Id": 1,
        "rimColor2Id": 240,
        "rimMaterialType1": 2,
        "rimMaterialType2": 1,
        "teamName": "Monster VR46",
        "nationality": 8,
        "displayName": "",
        "competitorName": "",
        "competitorNationality": 8,
        "teamTemplateKey": 0,
        "carModelType": 2,
        "cupCategory": 2,
        "licenseType": 0,
        "useEnduranceKit": 1,
        "customSkinName": "",
        "bannerTemplateKey": 0
    }

7. edit the highlighted entry
    to
    "customSkinName": "t2l_2019_monster_vr46_kessel",
    where the red text is the name of the folder that ACC will look in for your livery textures.

8. Navigate to ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Liveries and create your new folder t2l_2019_monster_vr46_kessel

9. Launch ACC > Single Player > 2019 > Team > Ferrari 488 GT3 > Monster VR46

20200512115309_1.jpg

True2Life-Racing Design Tip

Open your ferrari_488_gt3_monster_vr46_kessel.json in Notepad

Code:
        "teamName": "Kessel Racing",
        "nationality": 8,
        "displayName": "Kessel Racing",
        "competitorName": "Monster VR46 Kessel",

If you want to add you livery to an Official ACC Team edit the "teamName": "Kessel Racing", So the red text matches the Official Team name. This will add your livery to the Official Team selection banner.

If you want to differentiate your livery within the main Official Team then edit "competitorName": "
    Monster VR46 Kessel", so that the green text has your desired

20200512120612_1.jpg

10. Select your livery race number so you can view your livery.

11. You can now close ACC as the game has created the new files needed in your new t2l_2019_monster_vr46_kessel folder.

12. Navigate to ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Liveries\t2l_2019_monster_vr46_kessel and you should now see two files

decals.json
    sponsors.json

These files control the paint finish of your livery and will both look like this when opened in Notepad by default

Code:
    {
    "baseRoughness": 0,
    "clearCoat": 1,
    "clearCoatRoughness": 0,
    "metallic": 0
    }

The range of each of these entries is -1.0 to 1.0, with 0 being "off". You can use one or a combination of any or all of them to get your desired finish.

13. Now in your preferred texture editing program create a new empty texture 2048px x 2048px and save as

decals.png

create another 4096px x 4096px and fill it with your base livery colour 050437 for the VR46 livery and save as

sponsors.png

These are the textures that you will be painting. Always work on 4k textures and you can always reduce them to 2k later for better in-game performance when you are finished.

You should now have four files in your t2l_2019_monster_vr46_kessel folder

decals.json
    sponsors.json
    decals.png
    sponsors.png

14. Launch ACC > Single Player > 2019 > Team > Ferrari 488 GT3 > Monster VR46 and your livery should look like this

20200512124313_1.jpg

Looking like it's come straight from the suppliers ready to customise :)

15. Now in your preferred texture editing program start painting.

True2Life-Racing Design Tip

Any part of your texture that you leave clear/unpainted will show the custom in-game livery you originally paint in step 1 through 3, except without any official sponsors

20200512125423_1.jpg

If you want a full carbon base, then open your ferrari_488_gt3_monster_vr46_kessel.json in Notepad

Code:
     "carGuid": 0,
    "teamGuid": 0,
    "raceNumber": 46,
    "raceNumberPadding": 0,
    "auxLightKey": 5,
    "auxLightColor": 341,
    "skinTemplateKey": 103,

Change the red text in the "skinTemplateKey": 103, entry to 99

20200512134618_1.jpg

This does disable the custom rim colours though.

So, if you are happy with the in-game colour scheme or carbon base, then you simply need to add any extra graphics you desire

20200512132010_1.jpg

20200512135107_1.jpg

Not too bad :)

You can, of course, add more paint.

20200511171405_1.jpg

And there we have it! :geek:

If you want to have a team of drivers using different numbers and variations of the in-game template with your custom textures. The copy your ferrari_488_gt3_monster_vr46_kessel.json and in each copy, edit the "skinTemplateKey": 103, with the options for the Ferrari being: 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 and also edit "raceNumber": 46, to have the desired driver race numbers. e.g. 46, 47, 48, 49, etc without having to create new folders in the Liveries folder for each car, as they can share the same one.

20200512141716_1.jpg

20200512141720_1.jpg

So, how do I know where to paint on a blank texture you ask? Well, Kunos have not released any templates for ACC, but for some cars, like the Ferrari 488 GT3, the main skin template in AC works 90% for ACC. ACC included the mirrors, splitter, and wing all on the same texture. So, you will need to work these out by trial and error. Otherwise, you are all good to go.

Multiplayer

How do the liveries work in-game in Multilayer?

To see your new custom liveries in their full glory, they must be installed on the viewers' system too. If they don't have the livery installed, they will see the original in-game livery you made in steps 1 through 3.

20200512111950_1.jpg

Happy skinning!

Last edited:
in your .json found here:

...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Cars

You need to have defined this:

Code:

to something like this:

Code:
    "customSkinName": "mycustomskin",

Reload the car and the game will create to .json files here:

...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs\Liveries\mycustomskin\

Last edited:
What i have to do to share a livery ("sponsors.png" and "decals.png") with a friend for online usage? The goal is that he can see my livery, and i can see his livery in multiplayer.
Folder structure? Adjustments in JSON files? Naming of files?

Last edited:
What i have to do to share a livery ("sponsors.png" and "decals.png") with a friend for online usage? The goal is that he can see my livery, and i can see his livery in multiplayer.
Folder structure? Adjustments in JSON files? Naming of files?
You both need to have identical files and folders for the specific livery.

A livery is defined by a json file in the /customs/cars folder. That file will also specify a folder which will hold the actual livery under /customs/liveries

In that livery folder you will find up to 4 files, a decals.json, decals.png, sponsors.json and sponsors.png

You both need to have these so see the livery in multiplayer.

Easiest thing to do is to download a livery and look in the zip file to see what the files and folders are.

This one is excellent and has all the right files and folders:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing