rF2 Trucks Racing Series @ Montreal - 17 December 2008

• Thread starter Andrew Evans
  • Start date
rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas is definitely the reason. I almost had to drop out this evening because I almost had to baby sit whilst others went Christmas shopping!

Can't get into the race tonight :(. I get a track mismatch which I don't understand and I have no race button :(.

Have tried four times to enter, double checked that spectate mode was not on and have reinstalled the mod...

Oh well... have fun. :D I'll have to get my kicks in the next club event.

Ben ... see PM ... sorry all I really screwed up in fine style at T1 ... still new to this G25 and did the classic stooopid hit clutch instead of brake thing, nearly tipped my chair over I was pressing pedal so hard then realised it was the wrong one - too late ... had already half totalled Ben's truck (think he did the other half off the line being too quick).
Hope everyone else got away without any damage ... REALLY SORRY :disapointed:

oh god. dont think ive ever hammered anyone like that ever.
truly sorry Paul.
coming into that tight turn and as i braked just couldnt stop at all. some wheels on grass
and it dint stop at all. think i hit you about 230-240 km/h with a fekkin truck!

/me goes and burries his head in to sand and cries

Yeah! Suck up some shame that was an amazing hit at truly crazy speeds.. I don't think I've ever broke so badly into the hairpin as you did in that before you hit me!! :wink2:

Hell - I must admit I was a little miffed - I was doing well and looking forward to challenging for 1st - but hey, it's just racing, these things happen - it's not like you meant to hit me... You didn't mean to hit me right? :laugh2:

Never mind... A decent practice, a pretty good qualify, 2nd on the grid. Had a poor start which meant somebody said hello from behind (ooo-er) after that, made my way slowly through the field, including a great tussle with Nigel (somehow after quali, I knew it would be close between us!) but then making my way to 2nd. And then the Toni saga... :wink2:

Good fun, and I would defo do another one... :good:

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

man... short and sweet... lasted about 2 laps when a medium tap of the barriers in any other car means a dead dead dead truck in these... :(

never really got this one in the groove like the last two truck events...

when i left it was just nige and gary left circling.... damn shame... but not entirely shocking with such a low sign-up rate...

don't get it though... people seemed to have lotsa fun previously... so dunno why they didn't come tonight... xmas should have only a small effect (i've noticed it with other events but not to this extent)... still should have had mid to high teens...

so trucks head for the bin next to the lupos, it seems... bleh....

edit: major kudos, as always, to all those that did come out to play....

so trucks head for the bin next to the lupos, it seems... bleh....
I actually really enjoyed the trucks tonight. I'm more than willing to go for another race with them.. In fact I don't mind racing anything TBH.

As far as "binning" the Lupos, I don't think that's a good idea.. Anyone can race them, so it's at least a good introduction into the other mods. My brother-in-law wouldn't think about racing here for fear of taking somebody out, but is willing to race the Lupos as there's less chance of that happening. I mean, look at rFactor Central.. There's been over a hundred people having fun tearing those little german monsters around.. Personally I think the key to consistent participants is consistent timing/races...

So.... How about choosing 4 mods and alternating on Wednesday/Sunday? So Trucks/Lupos/Karting/Meganes or something (just an idea)?

Maybe we could take a vote?? And then picking the odd Monday to try out a new mod to see if people want a change, or think another mod is worthy? Or maybe using Monday as an introduction night, with easier-to-get-into mods...?

What does everyone think??

So.... How about choosing 4 mods and alternating on Wednesday/Sunday? So Trucks/Lupos/Karting/Meganes or something (just an idea)?

Maybe we could take a vote?? And then picking the odd Monday to try out a new mod to see if people want a change, or think another mod is worthy? Or maybe using Monday as an introduction night, with easier-to-get-into mods...?

What does everyone think??

That's a really good idea:D
We could also vote for what mods we would want to use as well

I thought the track was great for the trucks,highly enjoyable and fun as always,the low turn out was painful and such a shame,i really hope our big rigs dont get binned.
For something new in the future i have expressed my interest in the Clio Cup mod before,better than the Lupos for sure.

Cheers Andrew and RD and all who turned up

i would like to echo the other comments about ditching the Trucks, there great fun and a welcome break from the norm. personally i think shorter races would be better with reversed grids (dont forget that admin can pick start grids unlike evo).
please dont ditch suck great mods just because of 1 poor turn out.
i would love to see more races with the Lupos but just not at night.

last nights race was great fun while it lasted, but by half distance only me and gary were still running. shame i didnt have his race pace, it got a bit boring for him to keep waiting for me lol.

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
oh god. dont think ive ever hammered anyone like that ever.
truly sorry Paul.
coming into that tight turn and as i braked just couldnt stop at all. some wheels on grass
and it dint stop at all. think i hit you about 230-240 km/h with a fekkin truck!

I have to say that was the most amazing accident I have ever seen. Thank goodness it was simracing not real!

A few piccies for you
GRAB_004.jpg

GRAB_008.jpg

GRAB_009.jpg

GRAB_006.jpg

Please don't drop the trucks Andrew, they're awesome fun. For me the trouble with rF is too much choice with too many differences in handling between the mods. Just stick to 3 or 4 mods and get people used to them. And if you are going to keep the Lupos, use them on smaller tracks. On bigger tracks it gets a little boring all alone

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

and therein lies part of the mystery of the rF crowd.... we used to run just four mods and people got pretty fed up... so we started bringing in new mods and things picked up... now we're coming full circle if people want to return to a set group of mods...

for me, seems a bit of a shame really... there's such a diversity of goodness in the rF scene... restricting to a handful of mods is a bit like saying let's play evo - but we'll only ever race with minis, audi r8s, fbmws and saleens....

the most exasperating thing is when we get a good turn out for something, everyone seems to report major fun, we put on a 2nd event, it feels like there's some kinda scene building and then brrrrrrrrrr______ flatline.... nobody bothers with futher events and there seems to be zero reasoning other than people just being fickle...

i'm not having a go... and, indeed, people posting here in this thread turn up to pretty much most rF events.... so it's the peripheral people i'm just not getting... and, tbh, there's little satisfaction in trying to build something in scene as unstable as that...

if anyone can give any clear indication as to whats going on here, be my guest... but i can't see much of a future for myself and running rF events... i'd pretty much rather concentrate on gtre.... :(

Andrew, the reason for the poor turnouts is simple - people don't want to race the same mods over and over again. What we need to do is organise races with new mods and tracks instead of just using the same things over and over then complaining about it. I can name more than 10 great mods which we have never used here - or used them once but months and months ago when few people had rFactor.

We need races with mods like Formula Nippon 2007, F1 1988, Champ Car 2007, Indy Car 95, Indycar Series 2008, MMG F1 2007 2.1, Gp 1979, Epsilon Euskadi, BMW E21, BMW M1 Procar, Historic GT and Touring Cars.

Tracks: Essington, OLDRing, Indianapolis, Varano de'Melegari, Paul Ricard 1988/HTTT, Jerez 1988, Monza 1988, Monaco 1988, Mid Ohio, Estoril 1988, Manfeild, Norisring 2008, Silverstone 1988, Eastern Creek Laser 1.01, Pukekohe Park-WGTL 1.00, Sepang GP4, Misano 2.00, Bahrain International 1.00, Laguna Seca 1.1.

Thats just scratching the surface of the great mods and tracks on rFactor Central. Just look at how many combinations there are - lets try something new!

A

Andrew Evans

• Andrew Evans

Andrew, the reason for the poor turnouts is simple - people don't want to race the same mods over and over again. What we need to do is organise races with new mods and tracks instead of just using the same things over and over then complaining about it.

i'm not complaining... i'm just pointing out how fed up i am with trying to 2nd guess what people want/are thinking... especially when people say they are enjoying a mod and that they want more, then i give it and no-one signs up...

if running something 3 times constitutes doing it over and over again then i can't really deal with that level of short-attention span... we're pitching rF to the same people who play gtre and we don't have this kinda problem there...

edit: arf, thommo gets in first! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%