Truck racing mod

HI is there anybody making a Truck racing mod ,I heard about an unofficial one floating around somewhere,I think a proper one would be great like the European truck racing championship a few people agree with me, by the way im not talking about pick up trucks or the cat mod but something similar to the rfactor one,I have rfactor and the truck mod but rfactor doesnt rate compared to gtr evo it would be far better in gtr evo.....:)

Attachments

• DSCF0690.jpg
    DSCF0690.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 370
I MEAN THESE TRUCKS

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 443
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 343
  • tr1-1.jpg
    tr1-1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 343
  • tr3.jpg
    tr3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 313
  • tr2.jpg
    tr2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 469
  • oo.jpg
    oo.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 299
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 83
If you can get permission to convert the rF mod to Race 07, I'd be keep to do it, nothing like stinky old diesel truck racing. and FYI the only thing that would be in my mind somewhat hard to perfect is the engine physics. As gMotor doesn't like the curves that a diesel engine produce. The Seat TDI engine is far from perfect, but about as good as can be done within the constraints...

Have you looked/viewed an engine file for a gMotor engined game before. I'm not meaning the text file, but in say rF Physics Editor 1.88? As you define the torque, the HP is generated automatically via logarithm formulae. This logarithm is set for petrol engines and would need to be redone to suit diesels as would the gMotor physics engine itself... see the engine file is defined by only 3 variables (that effect petrol or diesel) which are RPM, Compression Torque, and Torque. You can not define the HP and Torque independently which is needed to over ride the gMotor formulae and calculations...

Sorry Gunthar but I don't see the problem. And yes I know how the gMotor engine works.

The power (hp) is related to torque and rpm by this equation:
8d4a57f1defefe42f44cf00ea65b5639.png

Where tau is torque (Nm) and omega is the angular velocity (rad/s). the product gives power (W).

This is a physical relation and is not different for petrol and diesel. Giving a separate curve for hp and torque would not be physically correct unless they satisfy the equation above for all rpms.

Yes Knut,

8d4a57f1defefe42f44cf00ea65b5639.png
is correct, but when we were looking into this about 18 months ago, it wasn't working out like this as an in-game experience. But, I just made a quick Seat Cupra II TDI based off the Dyno data I was given and it does map correctly and feels closer in-game than the last time tried.

I'm not sure if the issue was due to the earlier builds of Race 07 or that we made some mistake, either way, I would still love to do the trucks and think they would be a real hit in Race series...

ok, might look into it then. I have a Le Mans 2004-2005 track that was 99% his work and I have yet to release it (on Race 07) since I wanted to wait a reasonable time frame first...

ok, might look into it then. I have a Le Mans 2004-2005 track that was 99% his work and I have yet to release it (on Race 07) since I wanted to wait a reasonable time frame first...
You'd be best using the Richie/SimracingPL version for conversion. They introduced a lot of improvements.

Plus the Le Mans track was not originally his - he converted it from NR2003 which was made by Sylvain Giplaud (or somesuch, he is part of VLM now I believe)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%