Trouble Brewing RBR & Renault?

RBR have been very vocal in their criticism of Renault as everyone knows and probably with some justification, but I find it strange they keep on airing their dirty linen in public. I don't really know what Horner and RBR top brass quite hope to achieve. Now Renault's top man Cyril Abiteboul has accused Adrian Newey of lying.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/25/renault-accuse-red-bull-adrian-newey-lying-formula-one

Even when RBR & Renault were winning Horner was always sticking the boot in, even with a 4 times championship winning engine. You can see why Renault are looking to get back to a full works team.

To me although the engine is a problem the RBR 2015 car is also not there yet, I just find it strange after one race they are openly criticising each other. This weekend will be interesting especially if a poof of smoke appears out of one of the Red Bulls.

To be fair, the engine and the power it produces has always been RB's weakest point and they always had to make up the deficit in this area with aero (superior to everyone else's between 2010 and 2013). This time however the engine plays a MUCH bigger role in the overall performance, so they're pretty much screwed.

To be fair, the engine and the power it produces has always been RB's weakest point and they always had to make up the deficit in this area with aero (superior to everyone else's between 2010 and 2013). This time however the engine plays a MUCH bigger role in the overall performance, so they're pretty much screwed.

But I believe RBR specifically picked the Renault V8 because of Newey. He wanted a engine that had less cooling requirements hence tighter bodywork and also better drivability. Also the blowing exhaust would not have been possible without Renault's software and mapping. They won 4 world championships together. RBR had the chance to change supplier at the end of the V8 era but yet they chose to stick with Renault. I am not saying the powerplant is not a major problem, it is. To keep going on about it does no one any favours and causes what we are seeing now a breakdown of the relationship. RBR need to suck it up a bit.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%