Triumph Spitfire V1.0 by Woody

Cars Triumph Spitfire V1.0 by Woody 2018-06-29

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Jon: This looks like a wonderful mod. I am new to the sim world and tried using Content Manager to install this for Assetto. But it didn't work. Sorry for being a novice, but is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Nice mod but I question it. I got it from NoGrip years ago and have highly tweaked it. Main issue is, from the eng file -
"Triumph 1147cc 4 Cylinder N/A 140 PS @ 7500 RPM"

Having owned two MkIIs and and a Spit16, and raced one of the MkIIs, there's no way you would get a reliable 140hp from a 1.1L Spitfire engine, the block isn't stressed for that power. Default power for MkI-MkIII was 68-78hp, my "race" engine had head work, larger intake manifold, larger SU carbs, and 4-2-1 stainless steel exhaust, competitive on track but still a good street engine; it dynoed at 88hp. A full reliable race engine is just over 100hp (Spitfires have competed at Lemans with around 105-110hp, and finished), but beyond 110 you're just asking to spew engine parts all over the road.

The Spit15, designed for the US market, while quite attractive, was saddled with extra weight to meet US regulations ("rubber baby buggy bumpers", safety plate glass, etc.) so was a couple of hundred pounds heavier, and the 1500 engine, about 95hp, was strangled by anti-pollution equipment; the Spit15 actually put less hp to the wheels than the MkII. Due to piston speed the 1500 is only good for around 120hp, strip the weight for racing and it's a nice car, but not impressive.

There's another Spitfire mod for GTL, no idea who created it (no docs) but it represents a more stock 75hp car. I've tweaked both mods for 100hp engines, perhaps not as much "fun" as this mod but more realistic.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 120 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 159 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 223 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 408 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 578 38.7%