Tripples or 49" wide screen

Hi guys,

Just wanted some views on what is the preferred choice, triple screens 27" or a super wide 49".

At present, I am on a 35" ultrawide with G-Sync, I do have a rift S but its pants on ACC.

I'm looking to upgrade GFX when next gen are out at present on a RTX 2080.

But I'm interested maybe going for a different display, I'm thinking if I go for triple 27" non G-Sync how bad will screen tearing be ?, if I went for a 49" would go for a G-Sync.

Cheers Kurvz

Hi - I have tried both and you can make good arguments for either option and ultimately it depends your requirements / limitations.

For the last couple of years I have been on a 49'' super ultrawide with Gsync - this works well for me due to: lack of real estate for having a tripple screen set up, no need to fiddle with Nvidia surround or the like for each sim, easy to switch between VR and monitor, less cables etc -

Just my thoughts

Upvote 0
I vote for the tripples, with 60° angle they don´t need much more space than a 49er.

And even if you don´t use the bigger viewing angles for looking at and behind the apex
(which you absolutely should) the peripheral vision helped me immensely with car control.
In real life i have a countersteer reflex which showed up in the sim after i changed to tripple screens.

That was not the case with a 42" screen in 70 cm distance.

And setup was not complicated for a computer noob, here is all i needed:

Chris Haye ftw:thumbsup:

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
I vote for the tripples, with 60° angle they don´t need much more space than a 49er.

And even if you don´t use the bigger viewing angles for looking at and behind the apex
(which you absolutely should) the peripheral vision helped me immensely with car control.
In real life i have a countersteer reflex which showed up in the sim after i changed to tripple screens.

That was not the case with a 42" screen in 70 cm distance.

And setup was not complicated for a computer noob, here is all i needed:

Chris Haye ftw:thumbsup:

MFG Carsten
Yes I vote triples also

I’m running triple 32 Samsung ultrawide at 144hz I think with the total span it’s roughly 2.1 meters wide the actual same width as say a formula 1 Spec car or GT3 car,

gives me goose pimples driving ingame it’s a special experience you don’t get with a 49 ultrawide or a TV

I’m talking wall to wall viewing experience I am there ingame with TrackIR it’s sensational! :geek:

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Just wanted some views on what is the preferred choice, triple screens 27" or a super wide 49".

At present, I am on a 35" ultrawide with G-Sync, I do have a rift S but its pants on ACC.

I'm looking to upgrade GFX when next gen are out at present on a RTX 2080.

But I'm interested maybe going for a different display, I'm thinking if I go for triple 27" non G-Sync how bad will screen tearing be ?, if I went for a 49" would go for a G-Sync.

Cheers Kurvz

NVidia supports Freesync now, and most monitors now support that without high price of G-Sync. Before my upgrade to a 5700xt, I had two GTX1070 in SLI running freesync, and it worked great on my MSI 34" Ultrawide (which is not on their list of supported/tested monitors).

I tried triples for a very short time, and didn't care for it personally. Therefore I am trying to talk my wife into one of these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great info. I only play AC, iRacing, rFactor 2. I have a 27-in now (2560x1440, 144hz). I am trying to decide whether to buy 2 more of this monitor or go for a 49" ultrawide. My PC is AMD Ryzen 5 3600 and Nvidia RTX 2070. Any advice?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years