Triple screens UI and HUD in Steam version

I thought I give this gem another go, big thanks to all the mod makers, that anniversary patch is something else!

Based on some of the other threads here, I've done this -
  • Steam install
  • Made a backup copy of install folder
  • Installed anniversary patch in Steam folder
  • Made a copy of backup folder, renamed it P&G and installed P&G in it (should this have the anniversary patch as well?)
So I have 3 installs, all of them work, but...
  • The backup has stretched UI and HUD (expected I think)
  • P&G has stretched UI and HUD (not expected?)
  • The Steam version doesn't work with triples, it only uses the middle monitor, the other 2 are black.
    However, the Steam version does work with triples when not launched through Steam, but the UI and HUD are still stretched.
I'm not massively fussed about launching through Steam, but the stretching is a pain.
Am I wrong in thinking the anniversary patch and P&G should both include a UI patch to fix the stretching or do I just have to live with it?
I've read something about a HUD mod that works with triples, can anyone point me at it?

Last edited:
The triple screen fix in hq patch is only a compatibility patch to avoid CTD that you can have with stock gtr2 when you use triple screens. Indeed display is stretched :(

What the iron wolf told you is the best solution, but there is also GID :
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gid-for-gtr2.198281/

NOTE that it is a hack from ams version so it doesn't work 100% and sometime it will create a dump file.
Plus it doesn't work with nocd, you must install digital binary #2 with my setup in hq patch.
The advantage is that you can place hud parts anywhere you want easily with mouse.

One more thing is that pretty much everything you see in the UI can be asked of Crew Chief via voice command or button press. Crew Chief supports hundreds of voice commands. Just in case you weren't aware. And pretty much all of it except for pit commands is wired for GTR2.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies all, I'll give the suggestions a go, it's great to be able to drive this old sim in triples at all.

No microphone so I don't use Crew Chief, but I'll try the UI stuff :)
Keep in mind most voice commands can be wired to a button, indeed microphone can be tricky to use, yet you still can get questions answered even without one :) Good luck.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years