triple screen

hello to everyone who has assembled a three-monitor system? I want to connect two monitors with 1920-1080 resolution and one monitor in the center with 2560-1080 resolution. The question is, will my picture be the same on all monitors?

depends on your GPU Driver, with the earlier Driver Version of AMD (November 2019) i managed to expand the side Monitors virtual so the Image gets cut of on the top (e
With the new Driver of AMD it's not possible anymore so i've black bars now but 1 perfect Image.
On your setting there shouldn't be a Problem, since u then have 6400x1080 if i'm correct.

Can't help you with Nvidia sorry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not aware of a way to do this with nVidia drivers. I researched this extensively when I had a 49" UW and wanted to add side monitors of different resolution. A deep-dive into forums and elsewhere never showed a way to pull this off. At least in my case, I never found a way to make this work.

I ended up purchasing 3 identical monitors for my triple setup.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried 2 27” 2K monitors with a 4K 32” in the middle. They were connected to an RTX 2070. It will work but it does not look good. I tried different resolutions on the screens but could never make it look good.

Upvote 0
Depends. It comes down to physical size of the displays and resulting PPI. Try here:

You'd have to find a combination where the difference in PPI is the same or close enough that you don't object.

I've read the recommendation is to not exceed a difference of 5-10 PPI. From the calculator your proposed sizes should be a close match with ~3 PPI difference, which you may or may not notice in the form of on screen items (e.g.: barriers, curbs, etc) that do not line up from center to left/right. You would also have a >3" variation in physical height to account for and on that front I echo Noahbet's comments re: Radeon drivers as I had the same experience, but since shifted over the NVIDIA.

If it's any value, I used to run a 40" 4k flanked by two 1920x1080 in portrait. It worked, but compromises had to be made. I now run 3 x 32". ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Depends. It comes down to physical size of the displays and resulting PPI. Try here:

You'd have to find a combination where the difference in PPI is the same or close enough that you don't object.

I've read the recommendation is to not exceed a difference of 5-10 PPI. From the calculator your proposed sizes should be a close match with ~3 PPI difference, which you may or may not notice in the form of on screen items (e.g.: barriers, curbs, etc) that do not line up from center to left/right. You would also have a >3" variation in physical height to account for and on that front I echo Noahbet's comments re: Radeon drivers as I had the same experience, but since shifted over the NVIDIA.

If it's any value, I used to run a 40" 4k flanked by two 1920x1080 in portrait. It worked, but compromises had to be made. I now run 3 x 32". ;)
I have an rx 5700 xt video card. I was told that the main thing should be the same resolution in height, that is, on all three monitors 1080 resolution. The main thing is that the driver supports three monitors. And so thank you all for your help!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years