Triple screen + Windows 10...game crash's or won't start?

I have just purchased this Sim and was eagerly anticipating getting to grips with it.

However....this is not turning out to be the smooth purchase I was hoping for.
My issue is trying to play this sim with triple screen resolution. The sim just won't accept any options for a triple screen set up....
I have Windows 10 and am beginning to wonder if this is the main issue as I have looked for solutions to solve this issue and I could not find any that involved Windows 10.
If I try to start the sim with my pc already in a triple screen resolution, the sim will just not start. It will get as far as the 1st load screen and then freeze, pressing Alt+Tab doesn't achieve anything and the only way to get out of it is to Ctrl+Alt+Del and end process in Task Manager

I have to set pc to a single monitor and the sim will load fine. I then tried to set up the triple screen with the sim's ingame settings menu, there are settings there for a triple screen option and I thought I was beginning make some progress into the issue. as soon as I selected these option all 3 monitors came on and then game just freezes and its back to Task Manager to exit out of the game.

The options are there for triple monitor (aspect ratio, resolution)....

Has anyone got any idea or solution for the dilemma....once again I'm using Windows 10 and really think this may be the main cause :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I am getting my new computer on monday, windows 10 and soon triple monitor, so I saw your post and decided to take a look. A search thru the sector3 forums has a good deal of info but no cut and dried 1 solution fits all. Windows 10 does not appear to be the problem as much as set up in the graphic driver control panel software, drivers level and in game setup.
It might be worth your time to try a search over there and go thru the 3-4 threads and see what can work for you.

HTh
Rich

Thank you Rich...but I have to say that I ended up taking the easy way out of this.

I reverted back to Windows 7...the triple screen problem wasn't the only factor for my decision to revert back to 7, I was having other issue's with Windows 10....some of my software and hardware is just not ready for Windows 10 as of yet (lack of firmware and updates)

Anyway, I did a fresh install of my Windows 7 and after installing all my various driver's etc I started Raceroom with my triple screen set up and it worked flawlessly...not a single problem.
So I am going to stick with Windows 7 for the time being.

Thanks for your help

:)

Hey Tony, I think that is the best idea, reading thru several of the app forums for possible solutions, it seems like the best situation is staying still till the software and drivers get up to speed. I think I am just going to run a single monitor for now till things Seattle down. I have been looking at the benq 35" curved monitors for a triple setup, no reason to buy 3 of them just to sit on them till everything comes together. Thanks for your update.
Rich

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years