PC1 triple screen support sucks

Is it just me? well actually I know it is not as I know of others that have the same issue. the image looks stretched the center screen is ok it is on the side screens it is is real bad on the right hand screen. I have tried all kinds of different FOV settings and get the same results. driving the Radical you can see some of the padding on the roll bar in the right screen but it is cut off not to mention it is way out of proportion.

Try 110 and then go up from there using the in-game adjustment keys (by default, they are '[' and ']' if you haven't changed them).
Ok...I got the fov and sense of speed figured out. But now I can't get the car to stop moving when I accelerate or brake in the cockpit cam. I have the world movement up to 100 and the g force movement at 0. The camera doesn't move up and down...just back and forth, and I can't figure out how to get it to quit moving

Edit: solved. I had the minimum speed sensitivity turned to yes...I changed it no and that fixed the issue. The camera is completely static now

Last edited:
How do I get the helmet cam ... ? just scroll through the camera views

Yes, but if you are on triple screen or using an FOV over 85 the helmet overlay will not display. It doesn't scale proper and will automatically disable itself over FOV 85. All of the other Helmet Cam functions work without the overlay (i.e. muffled engine sound, look to apex, cam shake, etc).

@Chadd , I never use speed sensitivity so I'm glad you shut it off. ;)

TBH, when they do add support, most people will likely not be able to use it. Why? The performance cost. It's not going to come for free and anyone not expecting some performance penalty for rendering three separate screens is kidding themselves.

I remember when it was added to iRacing; I was using an Eyefinity setup at the time. I actually couldn't use it for racing as the performance on some of tracks like Spa wasn't useable. I've since updated my system and can handle it just fine but pCARS is already pretty hefty performance-wise so the triple screen rendering is going to increase that load.

I doubt it will be usable for anyone not having a Crossfire or SLI setup with a fairly recent card model.

With my 970 will be just great, like ac is, it will actually run smoother than ac, and honestly id rather turn down some video settings anddget a really good imersion than anything else.

I'm running dual 970's myself and I think you are underestimating how much graphic resources pCARS sucks up. I'm actually wondering if my SLI setup will handle it. However, it's all guessing until it's here.

I'm not sure why there is a hit on performance?

1920 x 1080 x 3 = 6220800 pixels
5760 x 1080 = 6220800 pixels

If your GPU's job is to render pixels and the amount of pixels are the same in both setups I don't understand why its harder to render each screen on it's own?

Last edited:
I'm running dual 970's myself and I think you are underestimating how much graphic resources pCARS sucks up. I'm actually wondering if my SLI setup will handle it. However, it's all guessing until it's here.
Well. You dont need to worry about it, my 970 runs pcars at ultra very nice, better than ac. With triples its not gonna get a big hit because coding and ****. Not worried even a bit :) is gonna run it perfect, it's not the old technology like in rfactor with multimonitor. At least in ac it's not, it doesn't tender each monitor separately, it's a software "hack" wich is super awesome.

If your GPU's job is to render pixels and the amount of pixels are the same in both setups I don't understand why its harder to render each screen on it's own?

It doesn't work that way. Your CPU actually takes the biggest brunt of the processing. Most of the work of setting up the scene and running the calcs are done by the CPU rather than the GPU. Once the scene is created, then it's pushed to the GPU for further processing but the heavy lifting is done by the CPU.

Currently, the engine is generating one imagine, managing it and displaying it. If you want to render three screens, you have to take that single image and split it into three. This means you have to maintain three separate images for rendering. While the screen size itself didn't increase, the amount of processing and screen manipulation has by 3...

If your GPU's job is to render pixels and the amount of pixels are the same in both setups I don't understand why its harder to render each screen on it's own?[/QUOTE
It doesn't work that way. Your CPU actually takes the biggest brunt of the processing. Most of the work of setting up the scene and running the calcs are done by the CPU rather than the GPU. Once the scene is created, then it's pushed to the GPU for further processing but the heavy lifting is done by the CPU.

Currently, the engine is generating one imagine, managing it and displaying it. If you want to render three screens, you have to take that single image and split it into three. This means you have to maintain three separate images for rendering. While the screen size itself didn't increase, the amount of processing and screen manipulation has by 3...

at least in rfactor 2 the fps difference was basically none, between normal triple and multi monitor, also in AC the same, it doesnt actually render like 3 games in each screen, its one big screen and some software tricks for spanning and ****.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%