Triple Screen Support Coming to ACC!

Chris

Premium
FB_IMG_1571199787306.jpg
Earlier this morning, Aristotelis of Kunos Simulazioni teased an image of Assetto Corsa Competizione being displayed on three monitors.

For many racers, triple screen support is absolutely essential for racing. Without it, games will go completely untouched, unpurchased and left to collect dust on the virtual shelves of the Steam store. And it's completely understandable. Racing on triple screens is a totally different ball game to a single screen. Outside of Virtual Reality, it is the single most immersive way to play racing games currently.

However, with a single social media post from Kunos, they could see the inclusion of thousands of simracers who have been waiting eagerly for Assetto Corsa Competizione to become compatible with Triple Screen setups.

In what capacity it will be available at release remains to be seen as the cryptic post gave little away, other than support for triple screens and the interior of the newly (but not yet announced) McLaren 720S GT3. No release date, no word on how it will work with Unreal Engine. But... The most important thing is that it's coming.

Unreal Engine has been something of a limiting factor for the Italian studio as the engine does not natively support triple screen rendering. Meaning that to get it to work would require convoluted workarounds, often resulting in warped and skewed images on the side monitors.

However, with the hard work of Kunos, that looks set to be a thing of the past.

Will this development be the catalyst to get you to fire up ACC for the first time in months? Or to buy it in the first place if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below.

If you like what we do here at RaceDepartment, follow us on Social Media for more great content and all the latest in the world of SimRacing!

I'm afraid that's just too many pixels for a 2070s! It's over 3 million more pixels than 4k! Heck my 1080ti/7700k struggles in ACC at 5760x1080!
I'm waiting for 3080ti or whatever so I can finally really run ACC without dips below 60.
Saying that, I have settings that work well enough and I only get the odd dip at sunrise /set at race start and I could run lower settings to eliminate those but I'm really happy with the visuals at these settings so will put up with those dips until the upgrade.

I bet this has been written multiple times already but I hope this helps someone.

ACC with tripple screens can be a hazzle if you don't wanna do Nvidia surround. It can be done with a custom resolution (I followed this video:
).
Only problem with this setup is that primary monitor need to be on the left. I found that setting that up every time I play ACC is way less work that shutting down everything when enabling Surround.
You also always need to reapply the resolution once you are in the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back