Triple screen setup

Hello people,for some time i wanted to try the triple screen experience but searching over the web made me think it will be almost impossible....3 monitors..2 video cards...new Power source to take on those 2 GPU`s....new CPU to work better with the new GPU`s...and what i got was a list of nearly a brand new PC with lots and lots of money invested.
Than it striked me....why not use what i have and run 4 monitors..thats right 4...on single GPU..
But ofcourse this will not work with big monitors....32?..no impossible..and expencive...lower 23..22.19 yeah 19 will do..with native 1280x1024 square..3 of those will do fine on one card (3840x1024)....not a hyper resolution but the smallest that is still running today by many others.
And i will put 2 monitors on same DVI so i can use one of them for my desktop and the other will be the center out of 3 for the playseat.
So what will look like..well small setup regarding today standards..verry small but with a low budget..not to mention the low space in my room wich would not help if i had bigger monitors anyway
I brought 3 HP monitors 19" from a SH showroom with 80 bucks all 3 without shell or case...just display and metal case with the electronics and as 4th monitor i will use an acer of same size 19" for my desktop.
So what do you think guys...it sounds redneck or what hehehe...
I have a question thought for those who use the triple screen setup regardless display dimension...What should i expect,tips and info about how it behaves or anything that can help me on my road on building this new setup would be much appreciated
Thank you for having the pacience to read all of it and i hope to see some reply,cheers.

Hello people,for some time i wanted to try the triple screen experience but searching over the web made me think it will be almost impossible....

I am runnning a triple screen setup with 3x19"... The thing is my PC is most of the time just for office/work and I was running 2x19" many years ago. When the first cards supported 3 screen I added the third one. It is just a little setup as you said but still a lot better than a single 1080p screen.

I guess you simply use it for gaming? Then it is super easy, AMD (eyefinity) or Nvidia (surround) doesn't really matter, both have a step by step config menu for that. You are literaly ready to go in a couple minutes. After you done that just start AC, choose the new resolution and change render to triple screen. And once ingame start the triple screen app and adjust for the bezel and stuff and you are good to go. :thumbsup:

PS.: if you still want a "normal" desktop, you can set up profiles, like gaming, work, single screen whatever you like :cool:

I'm running triples at 7680x1440 on an iMac late 2013 with an Nvidia 780m (mobile card) with 4gb vram. While there are still issues with Assetto Corsa itself (for instance I just upped from x2 AF to x4 and my fps went from 45 to 60 on a 24 car grid) I can only see this improving. The 780m is the mobile equivalent of a desktop GTX 760 but obviously vram is a different matter and important when running triples. However I am also running windowed not full screen which eats about 600mb more vram than full screen. I reckon you will be ok with 2gb.

You will not be able to set everything on high or ultra. I get that some people demand that of everything they do, thats their right to play the way they do. For me I can handle not having HDR or x4,000,000 AA with all effects and reflections.

Nvidia are releasing the new Maxwell based GPU's and if the cheap 750ti is anything to go by we're in for a cheap and powerful treat later this year with very low power consumption figures. Just my 2c.

Just tried to set them but i was short of 1 DVI cable..had one but with a VGA on the other end so it will not work this way....nVidia Control Panel only see the 2 monitors connected to DVI showing the name ( HP 1955) and the other one on VGA shows ( VGA Display)...
In game resolution doesnt go past 1280x1024 and the game shows only on one of the monitors because of that VGA cable on the 3rd monitor.
At least thats what i think...might be another answer?

EDIT
Found the answer...the 2 DVI connected monitors has a native resolution of 1280x1024 and the 3rd one because its connected on VGA shows 1024x768 native resolution so for surround to work i need all 3 of them on same level (DVI)

If you can't get Surround to work, C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini you can just put in your own resolution for AC to use (3*width, leave height alone). Surround just makes the full resolution a dropdown option.

Thanks Dennis,sounds easy enough.Yes i made this change specially for racing.
I will use a nVidia GTX 760 with 2Gb that i think will run ok with 3 small screens...what card do you use and how is the performance in game?

I used a Sapphire Radeon HD5870 (2GB) until march. I could get decent performance if I turned down AA, AF, shadows and especially reflections. To be honest though I turned them of in the end to get better performance. Especially Monza was really bad you pretty much couldn't see the corners in the distance because it was so blurry with low AF settings.... A 760 should be a lot better, I think.

In march I bought a EVGA 780Ti superclocked and now it is just a dream :inlove:. Pretty much everything maxed out (cubes not since it doesn't improve anything above 3-4, to my eyes at least) and getting between 100-150FPS, depending on track, time etc... Some might call me crazy :D, I am running vsync so locked at 60FPS. I can't feel any difference to a cap at 100fps physics wise, there is just some tearing and therefore not as smooth as vsync.. so easy choice for me :)

BTW you might want to check out https://www.displayfusion.com/, I manage pretty much everything about my triples with that :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Today i`ve made the frame for those 3 monitors....took me a few good hours but i did it.
When you have everything you need,you can do almost anything

Get all the pieces you need

DSC00224_zps82c75857.jpg

DSC00226_zps2a5dcf69.jpg

DSC00222_zpsa3f7cc0a.jpg

And then start to build...
DSC00225_zps21bf379b.jpg

DSC00227_zpsd2a65627.jpg

DSC00228_zps867dd18a.jpg

And its done..almost :D

DSC00229_zps0f9e2743.jpg

soccer-player-dancing-smiley-emoticon.gif

If you can't get Surround to work, C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini you can just put in your own resolution for AC to use (3*width, leave height alone). Surround just makes the full resolution a dropdown option.
Don't mean to thread hijack but cheers for the tip. I was running triples windowed as I can't run 2d Nvidia Surround. Everytime i started a race I had to resize the window & reorder my apps. Now all perfectly sized and apps in place. Saved a few calories for the forthcoming apocalypse.:)

Nice, please update this when its final, i want to know how you are going to mount it on your rig.
Just spent all day with clean up of my home but got up in the mornning to finish this setup and done it fast so i can start the cleanning.
Here is how it looks.

DSC00230_zps3037eb57.jpg

DSC00231_zpsa0a44b6b.jpg

DSC00232_zpsb0f1a457.jpg

DSC00234_zpsa0131df4.jpg

Performance wise its good.

I have 140 fps alone and 48-50 with 12 AI and i am last on the grid...after race start it goes up to 60-65 fps.
Graphics settings are a tiny bit lower than i use to run but not a big dropdown in visuals.
I am sure that if i rise the resolution,i will kill the fps..this is all i could do with around 150 bucks without adding a 2nd video card or new processor(not that i dont need a new one)

I have just re-set up my rig with 3 screens and am having problems with the bezel adjustments ,, and in last time a played Assetto corsa it had the app "triple screen" where you could adjust bezels,, but now i cannot see the app or settings anywhere in game,, is there still bezel adjustment inside Assetto Corsa ? or just in Windows ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 72 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 106 13.8%