Triple screen setup...

Ok, I have been mostly in VR land for the last couple years, but occasionally I still dabble with triples - either because I'm playing a sim with no VR support or just feel like playing with higher graphic fidelity than VR currently allows.

At any rate, I just went through the triple setup guide for R3E over on the official sector 3 forums and, I'm probably naive (and definitely late to the party), but I'm kind of blown away. It factors in not just bezel widths, screen angles, etc (which AC also does) but also how high your eyeline is on the monitor, how far away you sit, etc. So, they capture enough information to make sure the picture looks nice and not stretched but also it gives you a nice (theoretically mathematically supported) FOV.

This is totally novel to me, but maybe I'm just out of the loop - do any other Sims support triples to this level of precision? I know ACs settings are quite good, but as far as I know they don't account for eyeline, distance from screen, etc.

Iracing is pretty good, and project cars 2 seems OK as well. Others such as ACC and the F1 games just rely on nvidia surround and don't take into account all the proper angles etc.

Upvote 0
you can move the "seat" in all directions and tilt the viewpoint in both ac and rf2.

acc and codemasters stretch the view, acc do have some kind of correction so better than nothing perhaps.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing