triple screen set up with different resolution

Good afternoon,
i was wondering if its possible to use three monitors with different resolution?
Bought the BenQ EX3501R wich is a 21/9 3440 1440 widescreen but i am missing the sense of speed and being able to look to the sides.
I was wondering anyone knows if it is possible to use two Benq cheap monitors at the side with a different resolution?

Chris

Good morning!

May or may not work for you.

My first triple setup was a portrait-landscape-portrait arrangement using a 40" 4K TV in the center position. I suppose it 'worked', but wasn't ideal. The left/right monitors are likely to have a different physical size/resolution than the center monitor, which yields a difference in pixel density. In my case, this made it difficult to get the onscreen image to lineup between left/center and right/center edges. I got it to an 'acceptable' point, but it was always noticeable.

Input your display details here so you can visualize the difference: http://www.monitorcalculator.com/

For me, the difference in pixel density was off by only 10.2 PPI, which seems small but it actually significant when you multiply the distance across the physical height of the display.

As such, I now run triple 1080 panels. All the same. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 142 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years