Triple screen rendering

Hi, I've been thinking about upgrading to triple screen and I would like to know if the triple screen rendering mode is a valid performance measure when running the benchmark test. With my current setup (single screen) it runs with an average 119 fps and with triple screen rendering (but with only one screen) it runs with an average 94 fps. Is it a real value I'll get with triple screen? Thank you.

Probably if you quote the specification of PC, GPU and CPU you are running, including
the screens you are driving ( i am assuming x 1960 x 1080 x 3 ) someone will be able
to give a realistic game play FPS. Either offline against AI or online.

To be sure of performance you need to run it at the correct resolution.
Now in AC i always did it manually (by editing video.ini located in documents -> assetto corsa -> cfg folder) so I'm not sure what is the "proper" way to do it. But doing it by .ini edit should be enough for the test.

So you want to run in non-fullscreen mode and manually edit screen width (in video.ini) to be triple your current, then run the benchmark. The game will render graphics for all 3 screens.

Based on my testing, it appears that what you propose is a somewhat good indicator of how triple screens will perform, but the reduction is not quite strong enough. My results were (I dropped the Min values as they're basically meaningless):

Single monitor:
2560x1440 resolution, 'Single Screen': Avg 98, Max 128
2560x1440 resolution, 'Triple Screen': Avg 83, Max 106 (15% drop)

Triple monitors:
7680x1440 resolution, 'Triple Screen': Avg 77, Max 98 (21% drop)

You saw a drop of 21% going from 'Single' to 'Triple' screen on your single monitor (119 to 94), so my best guess based on above is that maybe you'd see a total reduction of 1.4 times 21%, or 29% and thus an average FPS of something like 84? Obviously still quite playable, so good news for you!

I'm on an old i5-2500k (overclocked to 4.8GHz) and a GTX 1080Ti.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back