Triple screen help Nvidia

Hello guys!

I just setup triple screen for AC (nvidia) but i cant get it to work. I tried to just fire up AC and use the triple screen option in video settings but that gives me just the middle screen with big resolution. I then checked the nvidia surround option but that cuts out my middle screen (turns it off).

I have middle screen on DVI and the other two on Display Port. Do you need the surround option turned on or was that before Kunos added the "triple screen" option in video settings? In any case with surround it sees the two side monitors but i cant tick the middle one. Not sure what im doing wrong. Any help greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: Whatever i do with surround im only allowed to choose 2 monitors. My middle (DVI to DVI) cant be ticked and it says i can only select 2 monitors. Maybe all 3 monitors have to be DVI to Display Port?

EDIT2: Never mind. There was a drop down for 1x3 monitors in the surround window lol. Time to test again.

Last edited:
I moved my screens 45 degrees and then set the rotation value to 45 in AC. I thought that would combat that angle issue but of course it didnt. What it does do is awesome though and its missing in many other titles. In Dirt Rally i found online a value in one of the CFG's that did the same thing. But i noticed that most games even though when they have triple screen (some) support its still stretched like hell on the side monitors. So the triple screen app in AC is very welcomed.

@Mircea Rad Thanks for the video. Gonna check it out. :) The "reality bend" is what you see in the video as well. Before even starting the video you can see the still image of what i mean. Metal railing going from middle to right monitor doesnt flow straight but bends downwards as it comes into the right monitor. I see that unless i move my eyes in line almost at the bottom of the screens. See below. Maybe there is something else you can do to not having to sit with the monitors so high up. I dont know. Norbs, see bottom of the post. More text there for you.

View attachment 155240
View attachment 155241

@norbs You dont seem to sit further below your monitors in that image in your post. Seem you got your eye line at the center almost. If i do that i see the "world" bend on the side monitors where they meet the middle screen. Like in the images above. I have to have my eyes almost at the bottom of the middle monitor to not see that and have the world lined up perfectly between middle and side monitors.

yeah, a lot of experimentation went into placing the monitors height. For me, and I realise it will possibly be different for everyone, I got my best results across a number of games with my eye line virtually dead centre vertically.

Probably a pipe dream, but it would be good if SMP worked without the need for the games to implement it. It seems most games have a multiview/triples option, so if you could just leave it as a 5760x1080 wide screen in the games (no multiview/triples), but use the nVidia control panel to control SMP, that way it would be set and forget. Like I said, probably impossible, but would be an easer way to do it than try and configure all games and have to wait for it to be implemented game by game.

yeah, a lot of experimentation went into placing the monitors height. For me, and I realise it will possibly be different for everyone, I got my best results across a number of games with my eye line virtually dead centre vertically.
I dont understand how you can have your eyes dead center, and for me its completely out of question. :( Its not a "preference" thing here either. Its about continuity from middle to side screens and how the world bends downwards on the side monitors. If i have them all flat in a row i dont get the issue, but when i angle them a bit or much (prefer around 45-50 degrees so i can turn my head left and right like in a real car) the issue arises. I saw earlier posts in this thread that this issue is normal and can only be fixed by raising the monitors or sitting lower down so that the eye sight is about a quarter from the bottom of the screens. That surely fixes it, but i get stumped when i see other sit in the middle and think its ok, like you. I posted those 2 images in my previous post and i just cant drive when it looks like that. Especially when turning into a corner as you look to the side monitors you see the road all bent and angling downwards. Its like being drunk, lol. To me its impossible to drive like that. But if you dont get that issue looking straight on and having the side monitors angled towards you, then i have no idea why i get and you dont. Or maybe of course you are ok with that.

I was able to pretty much dial that out using the triple screen app. I have the side monitors in front of the center monitor so from this perspective it looks like there's a slight break where the images line up, but you can see that warping you describe isn't really there.

View attachment 155356
True mate! Dont know how you do it... I have set the triple screen app up just like it should be. Still doesnt help. The break is fine (bezel value in triples app fixes that nicely), but the warped world i cannot get rid off unless i sit really low.

What value in the app is for correcting such a thing? I thought it was the rotation angle value, but it will only look good if i set it to 0. At "0" i dont get the bend but then the angle inside the cockpit is all wrong. If i set it to 45 degrees like i have my monitors then the issue arises again. :(

Another weird thing. In that image of the video i posted they are filming from high up. If i stand that high the warp will be like 10 times bigger for me. It looks like in the image of the video for me when i sit with my eyes mid screen.

EDIT: I think maybe there could be an explanation. My middle monitor is 23,6" and the side monitors are 24". There is such a slight almost not noticeable difference to the eye, but maybe its the cause?

FOV Calculator: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php

Maybe you will find this useful
Thanks, i know of it, but its not needed for AC as it has a triple screen app that you set all values into. :)

Last edited:
What value in the app is for correcting such a thing? I thought it was the rotation angle value, but it will only look good if i set it to 0. At "0" i dont get the bend but then the angle inside the cockpit is all wrong. If i set it to 45 degrees like i have my monitors then the issue arises again. :(

Yes, it's the rotation angle. I forget what my value is, around 50 I think, but I just found a place on the track with nearby walls and adjusted it until it looked right. So the value I have may not actually be the same as the physical angle of my monitors, I started with the correct angle as a base point and then adjusted until it looked good. From the driver's seat I can see a small bit of the warping you describe but I've been racing with triple screens long enough that I guess I've just gotten used to it so I don't even really notice it and it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
Yes, it's the rotation angle. I forget what my value is, around 50 I think, but I just found a place on the track with nearby walls and adjusted it until it looked right. So the value I have may not actually be the same as the physical angle of my monitors, I started with the correct angle as a base point and then adjusted until it looked good. From the driver's seat I can see a small bit of the warping you describe but I've been racing with triple screens long enough that I guess I've just gotten used to it so I don't even really notice it and it doesn't bother me.
Exactly. Start with the as measured values but absolutely experiment and go away from any one of them if needed.

My eyes are center in height and guardrails are straight so it's not impossible to get it. I have my screens at much less than 45° though, maybe 30°.

Also very true that a lot of the things that are annoying at first go away very quickly...it's like the first week you are obsessed with getting everything perfect but after a while you just stop caring. You'll find the side monitors are there only to give the speed feeling but you won't be looking into them at all.

You'll find the side monitors are there only to give the speed feeling but you won't be looking into them at all.

I look into them all the time when I'm going through turns. I just recently got all new monitors and they're not ideally positioned but I'm going to have to build a new solution in order to get them in the optimal location.

Well guys it IS impossible to get it straight for me. I have over a week now changed values and the only thing i can do is to drop to a quarter from the bottom screens with my eyes. I think it is the panel size differences. Im gonna buy another monitor that is the same as the 2 others. Middle is 23,6" and sides 24". Rotation spinner works but only if i have it at "0". As soon as i put "1" in i see the bend. And the higher i go the worse it gets - while it SHOULD line up the monitors when i get to the value that is my monitor angle. But no. Not working for me. So it seems 0,4" difference between center and side monitors is enough to make it all wonky.

And the bend really is annoying. I cant look into the corners with the "world" tilting downwards on the side monitors. It breaks the immersion of a cohesive world between them. I had the monitors for a week now and it still bugs me to death. If you saw what i see you would have gone nuts too. :) Move your head higher up so you get that bend and then test taking corners by looking into the side monitors... *shrug*

Last edited:
I dont understand how you can have your eyes dead center, and for me its completely out of question. :( Its not a "preference" thing here either. Its about continuity from middle to side screens and how the world bends downwards on the side monitors. If i have them all flat in a row i dont get the issue, but when i angle them a bit or much (prefer around 45-50 degrees so i can turn my head left and right like in a real car) the issue arises. I saw earlier posts in this thread that this issue is normal and can only be fixed by raising the monitors or sitting lower down so that the eye sight is about a quarter from the bottom of the screens. That surely fixes it, but i get stumped when i see other sit in the middle and think its ok, like you. I posted those 2 images in my previous post and i just cant drive when it looks like that. Especially when turning into a corner as you look to the side monitors you see the road all bent and angling downwards. Its like being drunk, lol. To me its impossible to drive like that. But if you dont get that issue looking straight on and having the side monitors angled towards you, then i have no idea why i get and you dont. Or maybe of course you are ok with that.

I will try and get a photo from my eye line. Prompt me if I dont get it done in the next few days.

BTW, mine still needs some slight tweaking, but is almost there.

Or just get a VR headset and not have to deal with the woes of triple monitors anymore :whistling:
So much to say for VR, but for me, just as much against it. I get hot and the disconnect from the real world is enough to annoy me. And then there is the fact that not all games support it. Or wanting to use the PC for other things.

Well guys it IS impossible to get it straight for me. I have over a week now changed values and the only thing i can do is to drop to a quarter from the bottom screens with my eyes. I think it is the panel size differences. Im gonna buy another monitor that is the same as the 2 others. Middle is 23,6" and sides 24". Rotation spinner works but only if i have it at "0". As soon as i put "1" in i see the bend. And the higher i go the worse it gets - while it SHOULD line up the monitors when i get to the value that is my monitor angle. But no. Not working for me. So it seems 0,4" difference between center and side monitors is enough to make it all wonky.

And the bend really is annoying. I cant look into the corners with the "world" tilting downwards on the side monitors. It breaks the immersion of a cohesive world between them. I had the monitors for a week now and it still bugs me to death. If you saw what i see you would have gone nuts too. :) Move your head higher up so you get that bend and then test taking corners by looking into the side monitors... *shrug*

I think it will always be there to some extent. Mine does it but it's very slight and not enough to bother me or make me feel like the world is tilting. I know what you mean though, when it's wrong it's a bit off-putting. Hope you get it sorted. :thumbsup:

I will get VR for sure. Im out of a job atm though so 2 monitors was the best i could do to immerse myself some more. Something is off though and i think its the different sizes of the panels. If you saw what i see when i sit middle monitor eye level... Looking into corners i cant judge how hard the corner is thanks to the pretty big bend.

But i will buy another monitor with the same size. :) Thanks for trying to help though, guys.

different sized monitor's = different pixel density, but in reality a 23" to a 24" inst that big of difference, When i tried 2 43's with a single 47"....That Displayed Pixel density very apparently. But i dont think this is what your seeing anyways.

different sized monitor's = different pixel density, but in reality a 23" to a 24" inst that big of difference, When i tried 2 43's with a single 47"....That Displayed Pixel density very apparently. But i dont think this is what your seeing anyways.
Yeah its a very small difference. 23,6" and 24" on the sides. Still, it is what it is. Everyone else say they can sit middle screen eye level. I cant. I was checking out the other setting in Nvidia control panel like scaling and stuff. Thought maybe something like that could help. But for now i just raise the monitors up and it works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back