Triple Screen and other Games

Figured you experts would know alot better than me. It'll take a good bit of explaining... but bear with me!

I currently use my PC for all sorts of Gaming - Call of Duty, other games and i-Racing. At the moment I use one monitor and move it around onto my sim rig for i-racing, then move it back to my desk for COD etc (I have a decent length lead for power and display port). My GPU isn't the best in the world, but its a Geforce 1660 super, and I run it with a 27" 144hz 1440 monitor.

I want to go triple screens on my sim rig but these would likely only be 1080p as my gpu would die at 1440. My main idea being that I want 3x seperate monitors for sim racing, and then keep my COD monitor separate on my desktop already to save me moving around. The GPU has 3x display ports and 1x HDMI. Ideally I'd like to keep the COD one on Display Port as I believe that delivers better frames? (Could be wrong) Which I guess would be more ideal for FPS than racing. Then have my other screens plugged in - 2x to display ports and 1x to HDMI. and I'm not sure if the Nvidia sync thingie works?

Essentially, I'm clueless and relying on redditors for help! I don't know if the above is the wrong way to go about things? Would I just be better to buy 2x more screens (left and right on the triple) and then keep my normal monitor and put that in the middle when I race, then back on my desk when I COD? This way they're all on display port still?

ALL FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

Figured you experts would know alot better than me. It'll take a good bit of explaining... but bear with me!

I currently use my PC for all sorts of Gaming - Call of Duty, other games and i-Racing. At the moment I use one monitor and move it around onto my sim rig for i-racing, then move it back to my desk for COD etc (I have a decent length lead for power and display port). My GPU isn't the best in the world, but its a Geforce 1660 super, and I run it with a 27" 144hz 1440 monitor.

I want to go triple screens on my sim rig but these would likely only be 1080p as my gpu would die at 1440. My main idea being that I want 3x seperate monitors for sim racing, and then keep my COD monitor separate on my desktop already to save me moving around. The GPU has 3x display ports and 1x HDMI. Ideally I'd like to keep the COD one on Display Port as I believe that delivers better frames? (Could be wrong) Which I guess would be more ideal for FPS than racing. Then have my other screens plugged in - 2x to display ports and 1x to HDMI. and I'm not sure if the Nvidia sync thingie works?

Essentially, I'm clueless and relying on redditors for help! I don't know if the above is the wrong way to go about things? Would I just be better to buy 2x more screens (left and right on the triple) and then keep my normal monitor and put that in the middle when I race, then back on my desk when I COD? This way they're all on display port still?

ALL FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!
I would definitely get 3 1080 monitors rather than two extra monitors (the two would have to be 1440 to work properly as far as I know).

Use 1 displayport for the 1440
2 displayports for 1080
1 hdmi for 1080

I'm not sure what the spec of your hdmi port is, so you might be limited on the FPS it can deliver, but at 1080p it should be fine. The FPS of your triples will be limited by the weakest port, so the hdmi port.

You can then use nvidia surround to make your computer think you have two monitors attached (the 1440 and the triples). Then you can easily switch between them depending on which one you want to use, either using the in built windows option (win+P iirc), or using extra software.

I have exactly that configuration with no problems, i run my tripple 1080p/144hz monitors with 2-DP and 1-HDMI and i use the third DP for my 1440/144hz desktop monitor. All running 144hz (I have a RTX 2070 non super).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%