Triple Monitors Help

Hello gents,

Recently I've been considering upgrading my view for driving. I looked into projectors and triple monitors. The trip monitors strike me as being more simple, and cheaper. Could anyone give me info on what I'll need? I have an ATI Radeon 5700 graphics card, but I don't know if that'll be enough. I also heard I'll need some sort of cable that'll connect the three monitors. And I suppose I'll need some sort of stand to make sure all the monitors are angled correctly. And forgive the noob question, but I have a Samsung SyncMaster p2250 (22 inch) as my monitor now: my question is, will it work to buy two other monitors of similar or equal dimensions? Or will I need to find two other Samsung SyncMaster p2250s? Or will I have to get three all new monitors to make this work?

Thanks guys! I'll be happy to give you more of my PC specs if it helps!

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a three monitor setup. I'm using a 5770 card for iRacing and Race with 3 24" monitors running 5760x1080 and have no problems with either game. That being said I am running a pretty hefty system with a i5-2500k on an ASUS P67PRO board overclocked to 4.75 GHz and very fast memory running @ 2200 MHz. I was worried the 5770 wasn't going to be able to cut it running eyefinity at that resolution, but it's doing fine. All of the options on and frame rates constantly at/above 84 in iRacing. One note is the adaper required if your monitor does not have a native display port. It must be an ACTIVE display port-DVI adapter, I bought one from Accell that didn't work right and replaced it with on made by XFX recommended by a RD staff member. It worked great.

As far as monitors, they do not have to be the same model, but they do have to be the same size and resolution.

Monitors are a bit like women in that after you've had 3 at once, you'll never want to go back LOL

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%