Triple monitor stand

i am in USA

I am thinking of getting 3 27” monitors, also considering curved monitors

Looking for a very sturdy stand which supports vesa mount like 100x100mm
Was looking at sim-lab but they dont have 100x100 adaptor listed.

I am noob, please recommend good quality stand.
Not limited by budget
Thanks in advance

What? You mentioned "sturdy"? Then there is only one answer.

Take your afternoon tea time and read this.
http://catalogs.8020.net/80-20-Inc-University-Booklet/6/

Buy a few pieces and play with it, then buy the remaining material. At the end of the day you can build anything out of this system. Not only that, anything that is properly planned and assembled can probably withstand a weight of a small car. No kidding.

Plus, reading this will get you out of noob's league, and it is so much fun.

Upvote 0
From looking around myself, I think the Fasttracksims stand is a bit overpriced for what it is, If you study the pictures it's just made out of 2 ofhttps://www.amazon.com/Dual-Monitor-Stand-Articulating-Adjustable/dp/B07JKWH97B/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?keywords=triple+monitor+stand&pd_rd_i=B07JKWH97B&pd_rd_r=d42a20d1-db80-4b4e-b1ce-99de5aa46b5d&pd_rd_w=pHtIS&pd_rd_wg=sWi6r&pf_rd_p=d006b618-5fac-44e6-850d-a0fdd19f7847&pf_rd_r=3AWQ4NEBDX3JEVNN4MAX&qid=1562442721&s=gateway&sprefix=triple+mo dismantled.
You can see the bar across the middle is different tubing from the rest,Could easily make your own for not much more than the price of the 2 mounts.

Upvote 0
I'm a little confused, or probably misunderstanding something. Both the Sim-Lab triple monitor stands have a 100x100 mm VESA mount.

Is this what you are looking at?

https://sim-lab.eu/product/triple-monitor-mount/

They sell a "light" and "heavy" version. I have the light version and I use the VESA mount for my triples. They are very sturdy once you get them set correctly, though a bit of a pain when trying to level them and everything; I think that will be true of any 80/20 solution though. I will say that I ordered 4 extra connector brackets so I could add two additional supports on each side of the cross bar, and I know other people here did the same. The solution it comes with is probably fine once you get it set, but I found it much easier and more sturdy to set up with the extra vertical support of the additional brackets. It's just a few extra dollars to order them.

Upvote 0
If you look at the documentation it says 200x200 on one and on the other it says 75x100, this is the pdf many on that link.

Also do you have a picture of the extra support you added and did you order the support your self?

Upvote 0
If you look at the documentation it says 200x200 on one and on the other it says 75x100, this is the pdf many on that link.

Also do you have a picture of the extra support you added and did you order the support your self?
Ah, I see now why that would be confusing. That "75/100" actually means both 75 x 75 and 100 x 100. The VESA plates have holes drilled for both. And on the larger stand the plates have holes for 100 x 100 and 200 x 200. On the actual website at that link it says:
  • The 75×75 & 100×100 mm version is compatible with widescreen monitors up until 31 inch.
  • The 100×100 & 200×200 mm version is compatible up until 42 inch TV’s.
But now that I think about it even that isn't as clear as it could be, and they should list both in the PDF.

It's hard to photograph all the support in one shot, so I took two; hopefully it is clear enough.

v09ToLw.jpg

9og2jhX.jpg

So, only the brackets labeled as '1' and '2' come standard, I added '3' and '4' and, to be clear, you have to do that on both sides of that crossbar, so you need 4 extra brackets total. Sim Lab sells extra brackets under the spare parts section of their site, but here is a direct link: https://sim-lab.eu/product/connector-bracket-40-mm-slot-8-bulk/

That will get you a bracket, the two slot nuts and bolts, and the bracket cover for ~$3.25/per, or 10 for $26 if you are going to do any other work with 80/20. I found their prices for those components significantly cheaper than anything of similar quality I could order myself here in the states. I feel like a shill so I want to be clear, I have absolutely no affiliation with Sim Lab, I just have both their cockpit and monitor stand and found them really pleasant to deal with and their product to be high quality. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Awesome, thank you. I think I’ll get this stand, I can extend the base as well for more support and modify it ti support a 4th monitor easily
That's great, glad to help! I hope you enjoy your triples. Like I said in my original post, it's a little bit of a pain to get everything lined up and leveled correctly and all, but once you do it's rock solid and switching to triples is a transformative experience (or at least it was for me!).

Upvote 0
What? You mentioned "sturdy"? Then there is only one answer.

Take your afternoon tea time and read this.
http://catalogs.8020.net/80-20-Inc-University-Booklet/6/

Buy a few pieces and play with it, then buy the remaining material. At the end of the day you can build anything out of this system. Not only that, anything that is properly planned and assembled can probably withstand a weight of a small car. No kidding.

Plus, reading this will get you out of noob's league, and it is so much fun.

This looks very interesting.... I may expand from just a monitor stand to a whole set up..

Upvote 0
Not sure if relevant for you, but just an FYI that I ordered the Sim Lab heavy duty stand, but asked them include the 100mm vesa brackets that are normally supplied with the light duty version. With my AOC monitors the larger 200mm mounts would have blocked all of my cable ports, so I needed the smaller 100mm mounts, but still wanted the heavy duty frame for triple 32" screens and extra stability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This looks very interesting.... I may expand from just a monitor stand to a whole set up..
80/20 is more like a standard choice for those who venture into the realm of DD wheels and more advanced pedals. There is no other thing quite like that. You can build almost anything you want with no flex and without using tools like welding. I suggest you look around and get some ideas. Just be prepared to buy more than you need. You need to get your hands dirty and some redundancy/room for errors to build the rig you truly want.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 300 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years