Triple Monitor Stand Lesson Learned

I have 3 Dell 32" S3220DGF Curved monitors. Several months ago I purchased the Next Level Racing triple monitor stand. While installing the displays, it did not long to learn the displays were not going to fit without significant modifications. I think the Next Level Racing triple monitor stand is generally made for displays larger than 32". After several iterations and modifications on the NLR stand, I decided to order a Sim-Lab stand. Wow, what a difference. To begin with, it is so easy to set-up, you only need a simple diagram you can download from Sim-lab. Based on my first hand experience, these are the pros for the Sim-lab vs the NLR:

• Infinite adjustability vs discreet adjustment on the NLR
  • Only 2 uprights vs 4 on NLR
  • No mod required for mounting 32" monitors compared to mods required on the NLR
  • Appearance - Subjectively the aluminum looks cooler than the black painted steel
  • Mounting plates on the Sim-lab unit provide a much easier and clearing mount compared to the 2 struts needed on the NLR
Another note about the Sim-lab stand. I surprised how fast I received it in the USA. I ordered the unit about 4 weeks ago and I received it in less than 2 weeks. I thought that was great.

After I ordered the Sim-lab stand, I make several additional modifications to the NLR stand. Wouldn't you know the day the Sim-lab stand shipped was the same day I finally got the NLR stand adjusted to the extent I was happy with it. In the end, I am still happier with the Sim-lab stand. If there is anyone in the Detroit area that wants a free NLR triple stand, I will give it to you.

NLR Stand
2020_D850_0031-HDR.jpg

Sim-Lab Stand
IMG_8473.jpg

Thats one of the reasons i built my rig and monitorstand from aluminium profil.
If it doesn´t fit or is not stable enough it´s your fault and easy to fix.;)

( Ok, another reason was that the second hand profile was gifted to me by a friend who also let me use his workshop and machines.)

But with good planing you can order precut profiles and diy the rest.

And on a side note i think the sim lab monitor stand is the better design, it´s less obstrusiv and looks better.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
hey what mods did you do to fit your screens? i have the same problems...
Thanks
It’s been a while so I don’t remember all the details. I did drill new holes so the outboard displays could slide inboard more. I also drilled holes so displays could move up and down more. The last step was to trim the end off parts so they were not extending far beyond the monitors.

Upvote 0
It’s been a while so I don’t remember all the details. I did drill new holes so the outboard displays could slide inboard more. I also drilled holes so displays could move up and down more. The last step was to trim the end off parts so they were not extending far beyond the monitors.
did your center monitor sit flush with the side ones or was it slightly overlapping with the side monitors? My sidemonitors are sitting behind the center one and i can not lign them up properly without a gap in between them

Upvote 0
did your center monitor sit flush with the side ones or was it slightly overlapping with the side monitors? My sidemonitors are sitting behind the center one and i can not lign them up properly without a gap in between them
Yes, I modified the stand until the displays were perfectly flush. I think without modification, there was a gap. I think the stand is really made for larger than 32" monitors.

Upvote 0
My triple stand is from advanced sim racing (an authorized dealer here). They have versions for small and large monitors. I bought the one for large monitors to use with 48” triples. They custom cut a few of the pieces down since the stock ones are big enough for 65” monitors and I didn’t need them that big.

Most importantly, similarly to sim lab, they have the multidirectional adjustable vesa mounts that make it much easier to get everything aligned.

Upvote 0
I have 3 Dell 32" S3220DGF Curved monitors. Several months ago I purchased the Next Level Racing triple monitor stand. While installing the displays, it did not long to learn the displays were not going to fit without significant modifications. I think the Next Level Racing triple monitor stand is generally made for displays larger than 32". After several iterations and modifications on the NLR stand, I decided to order a Sim-Lab stand. Wow, what a difference. To begin with, it is so easy to set-up, you only need a simple diagram you can download from Sim-lab. Based on my first hand experience, these are the pros for the Sim-lab vs the NLR:

• Infinite adjustability vs discreet adjustment on the NLR
  • Only 2 uprights vs 4 on NLR
  • No mod required for mounting 32" monitors compared to mods required on the NLR
  • Appearance - Subjectively the aluminum looks cooler than the black painted steel
  • Mounting plates on the Sim-lab unit provide a much easier and clearing mount compared to the 2 struts needed on the NLR
Another note about the Sim-lab stand. I surprised how fast I received it in the USA. I ordered the unit about 4 weeks ago and I received it in less than 2 weeks. I thought that was great.

After I ordered the Sim-lab stand, I make several additional modifications to the NLR stand. Wouldn't you know the day the Sim-lab stand shipped was the same day I finally got the NLR stand adjusted to the extent I was happy with it. In the end, I am still happier with the Sim-lab stand. If there is anyone in the Detroit area that wants a free NLR triple stand, I will give it to you.

NLR Stand
View attachment 407488

Sim-Lab Stand
View attachment 407489
Nice setup! I'm almost tempted to see about coming to take the NLR stand off your hands from Vermont. ;)

Upvote 0
I ordered a Simlab aswell today and i will return my NLR tomorrow
Thanks forthe info
I think you will be happy. I ordered the 100/200 stand. Later, I added the VARIO mounts and pivots. This was also a great add. You dial in the position of the displays very nicely.

Most recently, I added the bezel free kit that turned out to be nicer than I expected. To install the bezel free kit, I need to order a simple adjustment kit off Esty.

Upvote 0
I think you will be happy. I ordered the 100/200 stand. Later, I added the VARIO mounts and pivots. This was also a great add. You dial in the position of the displays very nicely.

Most recently, I added the bezel free kit that turned out to be nicer than I expected. To install the bezel free kit, I need to order a simple adjustment kit off Esty.
I ordered the Vario variant of the stand it has all the vario mounts and pivots included, but i need to wait until january cuz it is out of stock

Upvote 0
I know this is way after the fact, but if anyone else has this issue I was able to find a solution that is fairly simple with no modifications to the original parts. I designed and 3D printed (with very dense infill and extra walls for strength) an coupler that provides 2 points of articulation allowing proper alignment for 32" monitors. This requires 2 additional M8 70mm bolts, washers and nuts, plus 2 printed parts, one for each side. Feel free to msg me on discord for any more info and the stl(s). DC Username: "SqrrlMstr"

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years