RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

Triple Monitor Stand Lesson Learned

I have 3 Dell 32" S3220DGF Curved monitors. Several months ago I purchased the Next Level Racing triple monitor stand. While installing the displays, it did not long to learn the displays were not going to fit without significant modifications. I think the Next Level Racing triple monitor stand is generally made for displays larger than 32". After several iterations and modifications on the NLR stand, I decided to order a Sim-Lab stand. Wow, what a difference. To begin with, it is so easy to set-up, you only need a simple diagram you can download from Sim-lab. Based on my first hand experience, these are the pros for the Sim-lab vs the NLR:

• Infinite adjustability vs discreet adjustment on the NLR
  • Only 2 uprights vs 4 on NLR
  • No mod required for mounting 32" monitors compared to mods required on the NLR
  • Appearance - Subjectively the aluminum looks cooler than the black painted steel
  • Mounting plates on the Sim-lab unit provide a much easier and clearing mount compared to the 2 struts needed on the NLR
Another note about the Sim-lab stand. I surprised how fast I received it in the USA. I ordered the unit about 4 weeks ago and I received it in less than 2 weeks. I thought that was great.

After I ordered the Sim-lab stand, I make several additional modifications to the NLR stand. Wouldn't you know the day the Sim-lab stand shipped was the same day I finally got the NLR stand adjusted to the extent I was happy with it. In the end, I am still happier with the Sim-lab stand. If there is anyone in the Detroit area that wants a free NLR triple stand, I will give it to you.

NLR Stand
2020_D850_0031-HDR.jpg

Sim-Lab Stand
IMG_8473.jpg

stigs2cousin

Premium
Thats one of the reasons i built my rig and monitorstand from aluminium profil.
If it doesn´t fit or is not stable enough it´s your fault and easy to fix.;)

( Ok, another reason was that the second hand profile was gifted to me by a friend who also let me use his workshop and machines.)

But with good planing you can order precut profiles and diy the rest.

And on a side note i think the sim lab monitor stand is the better design, it´s less obstrusiv and looks better.

MFG Carsten