Triple Monitor Stand Integrated/Standalone?

I mostly race in VR, but sometimes I just want to jump in and go and not have to go through the VR setup hassle. Plus after racing in VR for 18 months or so now, I really think I want a higher resolution headset, which means a better graphics card... and... We all know the situation there.

So I'm looking at triple monitors. I am thinking 3 quick-response 1080p 27" monitors for Sim Lab GT1-Evo. My question is... since I have a GT1 Evo extrusion rig, I can buy integrated monitor mounts from various places, or I can buy a standalone monitor mount.

Has anyone had any experience with having monitors mounted to the cockpit vs having them on a separate stand? My concern is mostly about space, vibrations from the cockpit getting into the monitors, and ease of access into the cockpit because it's already a little cramped due to my HOTAS arrangement (throttle kinda gets in the way when getting in and out).

I agree that standalone is better, as long as you get a good one. That said I've got mine on integrated to my simlab evo and haven't really had an issue with vibrations (obviously if you have a full motion rig then that's a different matter!)

One thing I will say, get an 8020 one. I bought a 2nd hand GT Omega triple monitor stand with 27 inch 60hz monitors included, because it was cheap and I wasn't sure if I'd even like triples after using VR for quite a long time. Turns out I did like triples, just didn't like the stand. It was fine, but getting the monitors all lined up was a real pain because it's just not very solidly made. Switching to an 8020 solution was so much better.

That said, I still have the GT Omega stand in the loft so if you happen to be local to me (Northants, UK) and want to take it off my hands to test out what you think of triples then you can have it for nothing.

BTW, since getting the triples I never bother with VR now. Triples might not have quite the same level of immersion, but the ease of use far outweighs the faffing about of VR. One thing I would add, eventually I'm planning on upgrading to larger monitors. 27 inch is okay, but if your PC can push the pixels, and budget allows, then I think larger 1440p monitors would be better.

Upvote 0
I agree that standalone is better, as long as you get a good one. That said I've got mine on integrated to my simlab evo and haven't really had an issue with vibrations (obviously if you have a full motion rig then that's a different matter!)

One thing I will say, get an 8020 one. I bought a 2nd hand GT Omega triple monitor stand with 27 inch 60hz monitors included, because it was cheap and I wasn't sure if I'd even like triples after using VR for quite a long time. Turns out I did like triples, just didn't like the stand. It was fine, but getting the monitors all lined up was a real pain because it's just not very solidly made. Switching to an 8020 solution was so much better.

That said, I still have the GT Omega stand in the loft so if you happen to be local to me (Northants, UK) and want to take it off my hands to test out what you think of triples then you can have it for nothing.

BTW, since getting the triples I never bother with VR now. Triples might not have quite the same level of immersion, but the ease of use far outweighs the faffing about of VR. One thing I would add, eventually I'm planning on upgrading to larger monitors. 27 inch is okay, but if your PC can push the pixels, and budget allows, then I think larger 1440p monitors would be better.

Not sure what a 2070 Super is good for these days. If I had more video card I'd probably just get a Reverb G2 and be done with it. I dont have much context for how hard a triple 1440p setup would be to run on a 2070 Super. I dont think I'd ever even go majority triples over VR, but there's definitely times where I think it would just be easier and more comfortable. Your story is pretty reassuring.

I absolutely LOVE VR, but it's just draining sometimes. Would like to at least have a monitor setup for games that dont support it and to let friends try the rig without being thrown into a VR environment first.

My thinking was definitely a triple based on 8020 extrusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%