Triple Monitor Setup Q. 4th monitor also connected.

Hi Everyone,

I have just got my hands on triple monitors and have a question about setup.

In the attached image you can see my monitor setup so basically I want to run the 3 AOC monitors which are on my rig for iRacing and then I want to use the BenQ which is on my desk for standard study and work.

How can I set it up so that the triples only come into affect when iRacing is launched and when I am using normal Windows just the Benq Monitor is used? I have been trying to get it working for a few hours now with no luck.

Span Displays in the nVidia control panel doesn't seem to be able to achieve what I am aiming for.

Thanks!
upload_2019-8-5_22-29-9.png

Should be possible to use nVidia Surround for the triple screen and leave the fourth monitor separate, and then switch between the two using the Win+P shortcut.

Hi Everyone,

I have just got my hands on triple monitors and have a question about setup.

In the attached image you can see my monitor setup so basically I want to run the 3 AOC monitors which are on my rig for iRacing and then I want to use the BenQ which is on my desk for standard study and work.

How can I set it up so that the triples only come into affect when iRacing is launched and when I am using normal Windows just the Benq Monitor is used? I have been trying to get it working for a few hours now with no luck.

Span Displays in the nVidia control panel doesn't seem to be able to achieve what I am aiming for.

Thanks!
View attachment 318764

Did you manage to get it solved? Can't find your AOC monitors online anywhere, are they also freesync/g-sync or no?

I have my computer setup the same way and Martin's answer is correct: there's no auto switching, you have to do it using the Win + P shortcut. When setting up surround, just make sure only the AOC monitors are selected in the bottom left corner of the window:
maxresdefault.jpg

Make sure 1 x 3 is selected in Topology and make sure you arrange the monitors in the top half on the windows to match what the numbers on your actual monitors show. When enabling surround, it will take quite a few seconds before it is ready and your display will flash a few times, give it 20 seconds to be safe (computer speed seems to be irrelevant as it took about the same time on both my old Mac Pro/980 ti and my New 8700K/RTX 2080). Once that's done, if you play sims that don't have a triple monitor or bezel correction option, you'll also need to setup a bezel corrected resolution on this same screen.

If you configured it right (Assuming you're on Windows 10), When you press Windows + P, your work monitor should be the "PC screen only" option and the Triples would be "Second Screen only". You can do the whole switch quickly by pressing this key combination (again, assuming Windows 10):

Windows key + P, UP for triple monitor (or DOWN for single monitor), ENTER.

In my brain, UP means "more monitors" and DOWN means "less monitors", so I can make the switch without thinking and without using the mouse. Hope that helped.

Did you manage to get it solved? Can't find your AOC monitors online anywhere, are they also freesync/g-sync or no?

I have my computer setup the same way and Martin's answer is correct: there's no auto switching, you have to do it using the Win + P shortcut. When setting up surround, just make sure only the AOC monitors are selected in the bottom left corner of the window:
maxresdefault.jpg

Make sure 1 x 3 is selected in Topology and make sure you arrange the monitors in the top half on the windows to match what the numbers on your actual monitors show. When enabling surround, it will take quite a few seconds before it is ready and your display will flash a few times, give it 20 seconds to be safe (computer speed seems to be irrelevant as it took about the same time on both my old Mac Pro/980 ti and my New 8700K/RTX 2080). Once that's done, if you play sims that don't have a triple monitor or bezel correction option, you'll also need to setup a bezel corrected resolution on this same screen.

If you configured it right (Assuming you're on Windows 10), When you press Windows + P, your work monitor should be the "PC screen only" option and the Triples would be "Second Screen only". You can do the whole switch quickly by pressing this key combination (again, assuming Windows 10):

Windows key + P, UP for triple monitor (or DOWN for single monitor), ENTER.

In my brain, UP means "more monitors" and DOWN means "less monitors", so I can make the switch without thinking and without using the mouse. Hope that helped.

I intend to buy 3 FullHd 144hz screens for racing and have a FullHd regular monitor 60hz, would that be a problem (different refresh rates)?

I intend to buy 3 FullHd 144hz screens for racing and have a FullHd regular monitor 60hz, would that be a problem (different refresh rates)?

So if I understand you correctly you want:
3 monitors @ 144Hz in Nvidia Surround
as well as
1 monitor @ 60Hz separate.

Yes this is fine, no problems. You can have only the 3 racing monitors on, or only the 60Hz monitor on, or have all 4 monitors on at the same time, shouldn't be an issue AFAIK.

I have 4 Monitors that are 144Hz...3 for my racing rig and 1 for office work and single screen gaming. I just set the office monitor to 60Hz and then turned all 4 monitors on to test your question, no problems.

Download monitor switcher GUI.

I had 3 x AOC monitors on my rig and 1 x 4K tv on my desk. I set it up to have 3 profiles, 1 for racing, 1 for gaming at my desk and one that had all 4 on.

• Deleted member 1234936

When I used to run a fourth monitor, when I clicked on it, the triple screens (3xscreens set as one with 980ti), would go black, and vice versa, we are talking minutes to sort itself out.

Anyone else have this problem, and if so did you find a fix?

Ended up not using a fourth as it was a pain to use.

J

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years