Triple Monitor question…

I have an AOC 35" 21:9 widescreen monitor which I'd like to convert to a triple monitor setup.
The obvious option is two more of the same, but I'm wondering whether it's technically possible to use two 16:9 monitors (from the same AOC family) instead - as I'm just looking for a little more FOV and space around my rig is limited.

Any advice/experience would be appreciated. :)

I use a 34" 21:9 in the center and 2 x 27" 16:9 on each side (Gigabyte brand). Works great for me, only thing worth of note is if you require nvidia surround the variable resolution will prevent you from using it. If you use AMD or only play titles that have proper triple monitor support there is no issue. There are ways around the nvidia surround limitation but it does not allow for vertical offsets and has some image stretch on the end panels.

I use a 34" 21:9 in the center and 2 x 27" 16:9 on each side (Gigabyte brand). Works great for me, only thing worth of note is if you require nvidia surround the variable resolution will prevent you from using it. If you use AMD or only play titles that have proper triple monitor support there is no issue. There are ways around the nvidia surround limitation but it does not allow for vertical offsets and has some image stretch on the end panels.
Thanks for the reply. I use a 2070super gpu and generally only drive with ACC, AC and Project Cars 2. Will need to delve into their ‘proper triple monitor support’ credentials as I’ve no idea at this very moment.

I have an AOC 35" 21:9 widescreen monitor which I'd like to convert to a triple monitor setup.
The obvious option is two more of the same, but I'm wondering whether it's technically possible to use two 16:9 monitors (from the same AOC family) instead
You can run any multi-monitor combination you wish, but it will come with limitations, such as the inability to run Nvidia Surround on the RTX 2070.

Nvidia Surround treats your multi-monitors as a single monitor, which in turn makes it easy to set a resolution and Hz and activate Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) on that "single" monitor, even though it actually spans multiple monitors.

This is useful for some games (e.g I think rFactor 2) that needs a single monitor and less useful for other games (e.g. iRacing) that can handle monitors of different configurations.

To add further complications, Nvidia RTX cards only supports VRR on multiple identical monitors with "G-Sync" in their branding. VRR on triples of anything other combination may or may work. It's buyer beware.

At the end of the day, if you have the budget and opportunity, purchase identical monitors (e.g. Brand and Model Number), preferably G-Sync (Plain, Ultimate or Compatible).

It can save you a lot of trouble.

Thanks for the reply. I use a 2070super gpu and generally only drive with ACC, AC and Project Cars 2. Will need to delve into their ‘proper triple monitor support’ credentials as I’ve no idea at this very moment.
All 3 of these tiles have native triple monitor support which allows you to set offsets for alignment. I have recently just upgraded to a 3080ti but previously I was using a 2070 super with no issues playing AC and PC2. ACC you may need to scale down some of the graphics settings a bit to get a good frame rate but I found I was generally able to get 60-80fps without much issue. If you mess around with FSR you can probably even improve on that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back