Triple 3440x1440 34 inch monitors

Hi,

New to sim racing and planing my rigg. Looking at monitors do you think triple 3440x1440 34 inch monitors will work, will the resolution be to much for the gpu to handle.
This is the monitor I’m looking at: Acer XV340CKP https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.CX0AA.P05

or do You think 2560x1440 27inch will be a better choice?

i plan on bying a pc with a i9 9900K cpu and a 2080ti gpu

I will be using iracing, acc and dirt rally 2

thank you,

john

I went with 3x32@2560x1440 = 7770x1440 Bezel correction added. Exact rig you are going to build but Ti is watercooled. I don't overclock so my numbers reflect that. I try to keep fps above 100 in all games. Some I cant get below 140 and others to get the 100fps I may have to turn some shadows or draw distance down a notch. ACC is a decision process for high end eye candy over fps for sure. Now put it all on one screen and you will be loving life...just in a smaller way. I am very happy with 2560x3. Re-playing all my first person shooter titles. Its beautiful. Fps with this set up is fine I think as long as you shop until you find a 1 ms response time and 120 mhz min refresh rate monitor you are happy with. Read reviews.
I think 3440x1440 can be done, but its probably in the the realm of Sli'ed Ti's for it to be done with out turning graphics down for most late model sims.
Pay attention to monitor height. Curved is a must but a 12" high by 49" wide screen is going to get old. I left a 40" led tv behind and it was 19"'s tall. I am now at 15.5"s tall now and it took a bit to adapt. I just can't imagine the stupid wide monitor that's only 12"s high being a good thing long term.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies,

Haven’t thought to much about gsync/freesync, i’ll add that into consideration. Also i see nvidia is coming out with new gpu’s this year, i might hold of until then even if it’s q4. And just use a older gpu i have and one monitor while i wait.

I’m down to three options i think for size/resolution.

3x. 27 inch 2560x1440. - good pixeldensity
3x 32 inch 2560x1440 - not as good pixeldensity
3x 34/35 inch 3440x1440 - good pixeldensity, high gpu demands, wait for next gen gpu. To much wraparound?

Upvote 0
Why not mix resolutions.

I'm thinking to the 3 screens and if i go this route i will probably take one 3440x1440 (or 2560) for the center and two 1080p monitors for the side.

I don't think sides really matter that much.

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0
You can normally buy most monitors now with g-Sync or free Sync
The limited range of fee Sync does not really apply as 1440 p will again normally be120Hz or 144Hz.

Upvote 0
Thank you for all your replies,

some times i wish it was only option a or b;)

I think it would be best for me to wait for me to get my p1-x setup so i can measure the distance to where i can put the monitors. I plan for having a motion platform so not sure how this will affect placment of monitors.

Also with nvidia coming out with new Gpu’s this year it think it would be smart to hold off with bying a 2080ti right now.

it will be interesting to se how high resolution / fps the new generation gpu will be able to push.

I hope to have my cockpit in mid may (back ordered) might just use what i have for monitor/gpu then and wait for next gen gpu.

I guess you it is safe to say this not a budget build;)

Upvote 0
I've just spent the morning double checking the research I did a couple of weeks ago, as my mew PC should be arriving early next week.
At 34" I have narrowed it down to AOC CU34G2X 34" UWQHD VA 144Hz Curved Monitor. Pips the LG Ultragear due to the higher resolution at 3440 x 1440 as opposed to 2560x1080 for the price point I'm looking at.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back