Trials Rising

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Trials Rising is a very interesting looking title from Ubisoft and comes to PC and console soon - check out the new trailer here.

Developing and extending what has been a long running franchise now, Ubisoft are set to launch their new 'Trails Rising' bike racing game on both console and PC this February 26th - marking the latest addition to the franchise since 2014's Trails Fusion.

Still under the control of Ubisoft and RedLynx, the latest entry into a series that has run since the turn of the millennium features an all new and improved graphical experience, with more features, tracks, challenges and all round action than has ever been seen before in the series.

Due to release at the end of the month, Trials Rising looks likely to be a very popular and welcome return to this solid and enjoyable game franchise.

Trials Rising 1.jpg

About the Game:

Explore over-the-top action and physics-bending motorcycle racing in the latest opus of the Trials franchise. All new features, more competitions and more tracks means new challenges.

Ride challenging tracks around the world – from the Great Wall of China and New York City to the Eiffel Tower and everywhere in between.

With the new hilarious Tandem Bike, get your friends and try to control one bike with two riders.

From your local backyard to worldwide stadiums, defeat all your opponents online and rise to glory.

Create and share unique levels in Track Central using over 10 000 items available. Possibilities are endless - and so is the fun.

Trials Rising 3.jpg

Trials Rising is set to release on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and PC February 2019.

Check out the upcoming Trials Rising sub forum for the latest news, discussion and community chat around the return of this iconic franchise.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I remember playing the original Trials on my mates Xbox back in the day. It was awesome! Think I'll give this one a look

I was looking for a realistic 2d/3d from the side/side scrolling trial bike game on my phone (also on PC would be awesome) to have going from and to work. Sadly there just isnt any realistic trial bike games. They Always have 500m jumps and crazy stuff. Wish i could put together a team and make one. It would be super fun if you need skill and practice to go over real obstacles like they do in real Life. It just wouldnt be boring if its well made. We had a few long time ago but they are gone now making way for the unrealistic ones.

Granted i also think this series is fun. I just want a more realistic one with modern graphics, sound and all that jazz.

Always loved this series ever since the Flash games miniclip days back in college.

You really need a console controller to play this, though, and I got so frustrated with Xbox controllers losing their centering that I had to give it up.

Can anyone recommend a solid, robust, compatible controller for pc? Preferably Xbox layout, but not the end of the world.

This is out now. Anybody try it? It's a little pricey for me right now so I haven't bought it but they always seem to be quite good games.

A recent update for the Trials Rising bike game has been released across all platforms.

Developed and released by Ubisoft, Trials Rising has been pretty well received by fans of the series since it dropped back on February 26th, and whilst certainly not perfect, the developers continue to keep tabs on the requests from the community as they to work on the game - culminating in a pretty large new update that released across console and PC platforms recently.

The new build addresses the usual number of fixes and enhancements, and for added fun Ubisoft have also released a new content set for the title - adding no less than 24 new tracks, skill games, and.... a football outfit...? Ok.

So first the update. These are the notes from the build released April 11th:

MULTIPLAYER
  • Multiplayer Matchmaking Improvements
  • Stability fixes and improvements to Party Mode (local multiplayer)
  • Private Multiplayer added
  • Fixes and improvements to prepare for Private Multiplayer
INVENTORY
  • Fixed an issue that caused inventory items to duplicate
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Ubisoft Club rewards from appearing in a player’s inventory
  • Fixed an issue that caused infinite loading for some items in a player’s inventory
  • Fix for Season One stickers not appearing in Garage
  • Fixed an issue with the Squirrel helmet disappearing from players’ inventory
  • Inventory stability updates
  • Stickers: removed extra “Display” category that was empty
TRACK CENTRAL
  • Updated Track Central so that players will be returned to the search/feed and last track viewed after exiting a track
  • Fixed an issue that could select impossible ghosts to race against on custom tracks
  • Fixed an issue that caused the wrong track type to be displayed in track info on Track Central
  • Fixed an issue that removed custom tracks from favourites when exiting Track Central
  • Fixed “My Best” entry in custom skill games on Track Central that displayed time when the primary score was set as something else
TRACK EDITOR
  • Fixed an issue that caused track save files to disappear from the Track Editor after over-writing saves
  • Track time will now appear in the Track Editor after completing a test run
  • Added advanced object properties to effects in the Track Editor
  • Various tool fixes and updates
  • Fixed an issue that caused the rider to instantly crash if a driveline is placed close to the world limits in the Track Editor
CUSTOMIZATION
  • Fixed an issue that caused decals placed on tires to appear on the wrong side of the tire
  • Fixed a visual bug in the front forks of Rhino & Tandem bikes
  • Fixed some clipping issues with various rider gear items & poses
  • Fixed some customization bugs on the Wide Surface Body Kit
STABILITY
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash after removing tracks from the party mode playlist
  • Fixes and improvements to prepare for the 66 Expansion
  • Fixes and improvements to prepare for Easter Event
  • Various stability updates & fixes
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when crossing the finish line on the Hill Climb skill game
  • Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when being closed
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between fullscreen & windowed mode from the editor
UI/UX
  • Fixed various localization & text errors
  • Fixed missing visualizations on some University of Trials tracks
  • Fixed a bug that prevented new challengers from appearing on the world map when the challengers filter is active
  • Fixed a bug that displayed the “Season Finished!” pop-up when returning to the main menu in offline mode
  • Fixed some inconsistent or incorrect inputs between different menus
  • Fixed days remaining counter in Multiplayer Leaderboard menu
  • Fixed some missing sound effects in base game tracks
  • Fixed an issue that reset advanced video options in windowed mode
  • Improvements for Steam Controller
Trails Rising Sixty Six.jpg

As well as the new build, on April 16th new content came to the title too! As mentioned earlier, the latest DLC contains a nice number of new tracks and challenges to enjoy, all of which coming in at the reasonable price of around £6.69.

Check out the Trials Rising sub forum for the latest news, discussion and community chat around the return of this iconic franchise.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I really enjoy these games. Easy to start off with and then they get progressively more difficult but it's so rewarding when you do complete an advanced level.

Just waiting for a deal on this. Seems they went a little crazy with the dlc, lootboxes(?) and in-game currency. Puts me off buying it immediately.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%