Trial weekend of RACE

Maurice Hurkmans

RD Travel Expert
minisitescreenshot2ls3.jpg

This is the opportunity for all drivers who want to try RACE WTCC out before they buy the full version...

Steam offers you a FULL GAME TRIAL from This Thursday the 18th of January (1pm PST = about 22u00 CET) till Sunday the 21st of January (1pm PST = 22u00 CET)

So you RD2'ers and GTR2'ers: This is your chance to try the full version of this game!!!

Download it here

• linchpin[RTS]

Yeah, I'll start downloading as soon as I get home :) We'll see how Race works on my rather ancient hardware... Thx Racemaus for info!

CU on track, Adam.

Ah yes, a very good move of the Simbin guys. This way more people will get in touch with their RACE Game.

linchpin said:
Yeah, I'll start downloading as soon as I get home :) We'll see how Race works on my rather ancient hardware

Nice to see that you are willing to try RACE. It works in favor of you!

• linchpin[RTS]

Scyp[RPM said:
]Nice to see that you are willing to try RACE.

Of course I want play Race and GTR2 with you guys :)

Just a moment ago I checked these two titles on the website of Polish distributor. They will be available 26th January 2007 for about 7 Euro (GTR2) and about 20 Euro (Race). For sure I'll buy GTR2 and if I spare enough cash I'll order Race as well. So cu on tracks in early February :)

• linchpin[RTS]

Scyp[RPM said:
]Funny to see how cheap the games are compared to Holland: 42,99 GTR2 and 49,99 RACE, lol!

Polish distributors MUST give good prices for games. In Poland software piracy is a big problem. Most of the people uses illegal MS Windows, not mentioning games and other programs. And what's most funny, they don't see any moral problem doing that.

Second thing is that Poland after many years of communist government is far back in the life-level when comparing to Holland, Germany and other Western Europe countries. Many years must pass to catch-up other Europe countries in wealth level. For example: in Germany you have to work one or two days to be able to buy MS Windows XP OEM, in poland most of the employees will have to work for about half a month to earn for XP OEM. It is sad truth, but we, Poles, generally look optimistic in the future :)

• linchpin[RTS]

Yes Stig, we're in the EU :) But I think game distributors must set prices taking local market specifics. If Race would cost in Poland about 45 Euro, I am almost sure that they would sell very few copies. Lower prices in poorer country like Poland gives distributor a chance to sell more copies and in summary it will make bigger profit. We shouldn't forget that actual minimal (by law) salary in Poland is 900 PLN = 230 Euro a month. And big % of people are earning only minimal wage.

edit:
GTR2 will be published in localized version (Polish subtitles and dialogs), but Race (as for now) will be sold in original English version.

linchpin said:
Scyp[RPM said:
]Funny to see how cheap the games are compared to Holland: 42,99 GTR2 and 49,99 RACE, lol!

Polish distributors MUST give good prices for games. In Poland software piracy is a big problem. Most of the people uses illegal MS Windows, not mentioning games and other programs. And what's most funny, they don't see any moral problem doing that.

Second thing is that Poland after many years of communist government is far back in the life-level when comparing to Holland, Germany and other Western Europe countries. Many years must pass to catch-up other Europe countries in wealth level. For example: in Germany you have to work one or two days to be able to buy MS Windows XP OEM, in poland most of the employees will have to work for about half a month to earn for XP OEM. It is sad truth, but we, Poles, generally look optimistic in the future :)

its sad true im still repeating...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 194 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years